Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Proposal The unconventional & unofficial stats buff congregation

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Hello. I'm here to address concern for the current "meta" that has explicitly shaped characters to single out certain stats, even if it doesn't represent said character correctly so that they can compete in events or against other players. I really dislike that as I think it's partly taking away from the immersion we could have in roleplay. So in light of that, I'm creating this thread for people to sign up and create an unofficial system to hopefully raise benefits for the more unconventional stats in a way that the meta could be broken apart.
Namely, those skills include:
Guile
Medicine
Fortitude
Act as more HP and or constitution of ones defense
Might
Lore
1. Lore to moderate how easily one learns a skill or language.
{How quickly and what dc should one beat ?}
2. Lore to give advantage on reading encounters or creatures by trying to quickly examine them
Intimidation
Thievery
Give locks DC
I.e: standard lock made by a tinkerer to receive dc of 2 or 3 successes
depending on level of tinkerer or material used, could receive harsher successes
Note, I don't initially have any ideas for how to buff these stats, but I'm hoping that by coming together we could pool ideas and try them out in rp to see how things works best. As a disclaimer, this would not work in official events or in rp where there is even a single another person who hasn't signed up for this, so keep in mind. You also don't have to sign up for this, but any ideas or conversation would help lots.

Retro(me)

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
During Lana's lectures, I used lore rolls to determine how well an individual could learn from a language lesson. It was a brief singular roll per lecture from both myself and students to determine how well Lana taught and how well the student learned.
A high roll on both parts would advance the arbitary believability of an individual slowly advancing their knowledge of that language, to which the best learned one was Aori originally. I would explain at the end of the lecture what that lesson was about, often allowing freedom to a player to make their own mind up on their own advancement of that lanuage depending on their rolls.

However, as combat is the main focus for most in regards to their stats, I have another suggestion for Lore rolls in combat.

Perhaps a niche concept, but a Lore roll during combat to determine a foe's weaknesses. For example, if a monster, the DM may give information regarding what could kill that monster more easily (which would work wonders now that Lannis has determined damage types). Though this may be more difficult to determine between players, I would recommend it still a possibility to explain briefly the disadvantages of armour types or weaponry.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
So, so far
Fortitude to act as a means of defense or HP(I've worked with it being hp on blargs system, which I think works. Though It might need some finetuning.)
Lore
1. to moderate how easily one learns a skill or language(Also worked with this prior, I think its alright. Currently its mostly up to the player, but I'd rather see that integrated into Lore.
2. Give advantage on reading an encounter in events, I'd be alright with this.

I also thought of giving locks, doors and other such tinkering a dc to beat with thievery.
Also added thievery as that should also be part of the list