Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming The Season of Slummer

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
As incentive to give experience and activity to new players and characters, I'm going to be running some events in Storm's Landing, typically around the slums/docks. While other characters are welcome along, I want to try and focus on the people trying to get involved early so it doesn't feel like a grindy period of preparatory RP before you get to a point you can participate in some of the more intense events. I'll try and do one of these a week but please don't be upset if the numbers are more or less than that.

The ideas for general encounters are:
  • Crime investigation (for the intuitive or lawful sorts)
    • Theft
    • Mugging
    • Contraband
  • Low skill fighting (for the budding combatants)
    • Banditry
    • Pit fights
  • Mystery-themed stuff (for people to test their intellect)
    • Treasure maps
    • Riddles
    • Whodunnits
  • Market Affairs (might need some help for this one)
    • Heists
    • Bartering
    • Bazaars
  • Training-based things (to help justify skill gains and backgrounds)
    • Crafting skills/tutorials
    • Tradework
    • Competitions
    • Yes, combat can go here too.
  • Religion & Arcane lessons (to help people with their divine logs and networking into magic)
    • Sermons (no divine presence)
    • Seminars (optional player arcane presence)
Let me know if anyone has further ideas, I'll try and have it deal with items and equipment for players too, and I'll see about bumping here whenever one is gonna happen to put parties together. I may possibly do impromptu as well, but that depends on what people want.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
I'll add a picture or something later. Comment ideas or thoughts below if you have any, if this thread gets no traction that means I perfectly encapsulated everything and there isn't a need for feedback.

Fluffy Bristle

Lord of Altera
Legend
FluffyBristle
FluffyBristle
Legend
I think it would also be cool to have like... some larger scale festival events and stuff just scattered about in there! I know that we have those- but maybe something along the lines of a small party where people with smaller stat-blocks can participate and have a chance at winning a game? Things like that- maybe they help someone with a mystery and there's a little banquet or something. When I first joined I really loved going to festivals, so I may be a bit biased haha

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Dee, if you would like some help DMing, I am happy to help.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Dee, if you would like some help DMing, I am happy to help.
I also am willing to assist

additionally I think maybe black market shenanigans could be interesting, having more shady groups to interact with I think is always a plus for the likes of the Landing. Seeing as its known for its lawlessness.