Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Cancelled The Coronation in Gallia

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
henry-vii-first-tudor-king-from-manuscript.jpg
"One day I will stand before the Gods, and then I truly will only answer to them" - Lerina

What: The coronation of Lerina Fletcher of Gallia
When: November 24th, 8 PM EST
Where: The throne room of Gallia

Invited:
Frost Fletcher and all of Frostlight Fronslin
Her Holiness Exalt Ashna Kov'gra'sek Solus
Her Holiness Exalt Marian Olliran mageaegis
Queen Amelia of Eldpoint and her Government Reedie
Lord Governor of Palmwood, Atrus Mandovi
King Linden of Linistel, and Family RagingLunacy I am Wake
Lady Valtae Menguar and Family The_VALKYRIE
Sir Leofwine and Xiqu Vinnycall
Mabeh Magic Intern
All of Gallia

Events (subject to change):
The crowning of Lerina,
Divine Feast / Feast of the Gods
Prepared mundane feasts
PVP Fighting Tournament (First to be hit out of a square loses)

Last edited:

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
The menu for the event has even set. I have two blessed attending who have agreed to cast their divine feast. In addition local food will be served from the palace kitchen:

Shalherana; Feast of the Roots
Simple piece of pottery form the tableware, and the utensils and cups form from birch wood. The tablecloth appears as a thin layer of moss with small flowers. Everything served here is herbal and not a trace of any animal. Herbal tea or water is served.

Korog; Feast of the Allfather
Hardy bronze tableware forms with solid oak tankards and dark iron utensils, setting upon a simple burlap/hessian tablecloth. Hearty foods form, including meat pies and legs of lamb, with a variety of ales.

Gallian Food and Drink:

Shawarma
Falafel
Humus with Pita bread

Drinks:
Jallob - a sweet drink made of carob, dates, grape molasses and rose water.

Tamar Hindi - a sweet but sour beverage with a tangy flavor because it uses crushed tamarind, water, sugar, and lemon juice.

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
Going to nix the fighting tournament just due to time constraint. Expect a short ceremony followed by a feast / slice of life rp

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
Guys, I hate writing this. This event I've fully planned for and wanted to do for a month. I have the palace decorated, emotes written etc. But, due to medical I am unable to host or attend my own event. Medical this case being Covid. And with the holidays around us, I dont want to pressure people into a reschedule. I am soft canceling this event. I will write a script of interaction between myself and various NPCs as to say the event 'did' happen even though I am physically unable to do so.

I hate letting people down. Anyone who has role played with me knows this, I bend over backwards to make people happy. I feel like I've failed anyone who wanted to attend this, and for that I am deeply sorry.

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
I hate letting people down. Anyone who has role played with me knows this, I bend over backwards to make people happy. I feel like I've failed anyone who wanted to attend this, and for that I am deeply sorry.
You have not failed anyone, Chibi!

If you want to postpone, I'm sure people will come - and if you go ahead with your plan, you don't have to feel bad at all!

:heart:

TheChibiKiwi

Loyal Servant of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
TheChibiKiwi
TheChibiKiwi
Villager
*The top floor of the palace is reserved for the Princess and her companion only. Along with ladies in waiting tending to her. Lerina soaks in the open bath..*

Lady in Waiting 1: Tonight you officially become a Princess

Lady in Waiting 2: The youngest ruler of our time.

Lerina, sitting there having her hair washed: From slave to leader, the weight of pressure grows daily. While I am happy for today I don’t wish this path on others.

*Lerina would rise and head to the bedroom area, her ladies prepare her for the Coronation. She dawns a blue dress, the crown of Gallia which has never been worn sits by her. The princess sighs nervously as her nails are done. Food is brought to her. While the mood upstairs is joyful the young elf cannot help but feel nervous*

Lerina: I’ve made mistakes already. Big ones and small ones. My poor treatment of honoring our peace negotiation in the Gallian war, I regret slightly. We promised to preserve land, but destroyed it. Yet..I feel it was needed. A leader needs to be feared just as much as loved, for if no one fears you they will not respect you.

*She pauses and sighs*

Lerina: The ones we killed but then stress we want peace..maybe I could have done other things differently. But, it is done.

*At this time one of her advisors would chime in, a dark haired elf with one eye who has had the Princesses ear for a while*

Mystic Advisor: You saw the visions and knew the outcome. You cannot change destiny, you can only change the path to it. You told me yourself you knew this day would come, when you were but a child. You knew of the war of rats long before it occurred. You also know if you go to the Marsh as you plan to do, you will suffer a major defeat. Yet, you march forward. You know what will happen but you do not stray the course. This, is why you are a leader. You do what you know needs to be done, to benefit others, even if it means you will lose something in yourself. Do not fear the shadows you seek, become one. Sit in the darkness and strike with pure rage. Go forward, my Princess.

Lerina: You talk in truths and riddles at the same time. I know full well my future is going to be rough, and when I get to the marsh it will not be what I hope..yet we do what must be done. And tonight, the crowning of Gallia must be done. My people need a sense of hope and love that we can start something officially.

*Lerina stands, she dawns a necklace she got from Shelly as a kid. One of the few things she has that isn’t a weapon from her child hood. Lerina would go from the top floor, to the second floor chapel. She kneels before the shrines and prays – allowing time to pass – workers and servants prepare the dining halls with wine, food and banners. Guards line up all around the perimeter of the palace. No one is allowed a weapon in today, guards confiscate any weapons by visitors. The food and drink is tested for poison. Archerers are hidden on the palace balcony’s. The young elf leader is protected tonight, more than she has ever been.

In the streets of Gallia, fire works are prepared. The citizens are included in a public feast as food and drink are readied in all parts of the island, compliments of the crown. Banners are waiting to be raised, ravens with notes to every ruler in Altera announcing the official crowning of a new leader wait in the aviary. *

*Back in the palace chapel the young elf finishes her prayers and consults more with her advisors:

Lerina: Maddening thoughts still linger to me today as much as they did when I had the visions at 13.I see years of good, but also bad in between. The visions are not as clear as normal, I walk in the shadows into further darkness, unable to see a path which brings light nor chaos. Its as if I am the chaos itself looking for a host, but cannot see it. For someone who has the seer vision, I cannot see what I wish, I only see what im given and at this damn time its empty. What if tonight is a mistake? What if this all is a mistake? What if Gallia isn’t suppose to be this and ive gone on a path of my bitter end? What if..

*She is cut off by the same mystic advisor as before

MA: Do not question your paths. The gods brought you to this day for a reason, if you were meant to fail you would have when you restored the great temple. You have made up for your sins already, you’ve suffered and brought good onto this world. Tonight is your night to see it all come to its peak. You might feel mad, you might feel like you cannot control who you are sometimes, but tonight, right now, you are someone who deserves to be crowned before the Gods. You are a Princess, and we are your subjects. You are 18, if this was not meant to be, we wouldn’t be here.

*Her advisor then hands her some wine, she sips and relaxes. She hears everyone gathering on the floor below. If she wanted to back out, she simply could refuse to go downstairs. But she knows she needs to go forward*

{The voices in my head lay silent tonight. The feelings of hope and also misery are missing. Its as if I am walking in a dream and I cannot wake up. Am I alive, or have I passed and I am in some realm of the after life?} she thinks silently.

*Lerina takes another sip of the wine and relaxes a bit. In private she can be timid and fearful. In public she needs to mask these feelings.*

*She leaves the room. Step step. She approaches the stairwell. The bard and all activities on the ground floor grow silent.*

NPC: All rise and make way for her majesty, Princess Lerina Fletcher, of Gallia

*The room falls silent, another step.Step. Step, she walks into the throne room. Guests from Altera are here, citizens, Lords, Ladies, even some strangers. Lerina sits on the throne. Valtae, someone like a mother to her would be by her side. Valtae holding the Crown of Gallia in her hands. The Princess smiles, all thoughts of nerves are gone and she looks regal and commanding in this public situation*

*There is a Gallian Priest, appointed by Lerina, by the throne. He wears deep purple and black robes, He stands and speaks*

Priest: We are gathered here today for the official birth of Gallia. Tonight a Princess shall be crowned, and the official rule of Gallia will start. After tonight, there shall be no man who may claim ignorance of the Gallian settlement in the southern seas. A peaceful nation, whose purpose is to become closer to the divine.

As we continue tonight, and as you all celebrate after we ask that you thank the divine for your safe passage to and from here, and remember that even in all our differences we are all from the All Mother and are loved by her even if we trespass, even if we are not as holy as we wish, even if we forget about the divine themselves at time. For it is in the glory of the Mother, that we her children are offered the opportunity to live as we wish.

*The Gallian Priest pauses and turns to Lerina.*

Priest: Lerina Fletcher, before we go forward with your vows do you have any words?

*Lerina would rise and look at everyone, with authority and command in her voice she begins*

Lerina: My Lords, Ladies, Esteemed Guests, Citizens.

I welcome you all to Gallia. As we celebrate the crowning of my leadership here, I'd like to share the story of how I got here as the tale isn't often told.

I was born, not sure where but I can only assume near the red forest. Around age 6 or 7 I was sold by my own father into slavery. As a slave I was abused, beaten and made to do unspeakable acts. I was to be killed at age 12. The attempt on my life failed, as my slavers presumed me dead after beating me and tossed me into a field.

I woke up with amnesia. No memory of my former self, and this I only know of due to various potions of reverie which has allowed me to revisit some faint memories.

From 12, I wandered Altera until I met a group of people who lead me to Frostlight where I met Frost Fletcher. Frost took me in as her own and eventually adopted me.

As a teen in Frostlight, daughter of the leader I learned many skills from fighting, to alchemy, to leadership. I recall sitting at my mothers desk as citizens would come into the tower to talk to her. Hearing how to lead, and learning from mistakes.

I briefly went on a path to follow Sallana but had visions of another path. I was sparked as a mage at 16, the youngest mage to be sparked in some time.

However, my visions continued and I dedicated myself as a mage to following the divine.

The divine lead me here, to build the grate temple of Gallia. To build this city. And thus, here we are shortly after my 18th name day. Gallia is young but we have made great progress.

We have established trade and relations with Linistel, Eldpoint, Palmwood.

We have built housing for my people. A medical clinic for the sick. A tavern for the thirsty. The largest bridge in Altera which will lead to an orphanage, a university, a library and more.

We have fought off invaders who wished to harm us, and we have negotiated peace to establish the preservation of life.

Recently my court has reached out to Linlea and the coast and will continue to do so to help heal the wounded in the previous conflict.

We are on a course to something great.

Now, at 18 I sit here, ready to be crowned Princess of Gallia. For only the divine above deserve the title of King or Queen, and I am their humble servant, who answers only to them.

*Lerina ends her speech*

Priest: Lerina Fletcher, do you vow before the divine themselves tonight to serve and protect the people of Gallia, as ruler and head of the church to the best of your ability until death do you come?

Lerina: I, Lerina Fletcher hereby vow before the divine to honor and protect Gallia, as their ruler and head of the church from this day until death do I come.

Priest: Lerina Fletcher, do you also vow before the divine, that as Princess you will put yourself before your people. To preserve life as stated in the tenets of the divine and to protect the lives of your people as needed?

Lerina: I, Lerina Fletcher vow before the divine to preserve life and do my best to honor the tenets of the divine. We may trespass, as is normal, but I shall do my best to do as the divine commands me for the sake of my people.

*The priest gestures Lerina to kneel. As she does so Valtae takes the crown and comes closer*

Priest: With these vows said, I forgive you, daughter of the All Mother. With my forgiveness I clear you of any sins you have done before today, with hopes you learn from them. With hopes you can lead your people to prosperity.

Priest: It is with the grace of the divine, that today I ask you to now rise as , Lerina Fletcher, first of her name, Princess and ruler of Gallia, head of the church of Gallia and protector of the faith. May your reign be blessed and long.

*Valtae lowers the crown onto Lerinas head and she rises. As she does, citizens of Gallia would drop to one knee out of respect for the newly coronate leader*

*Fire works are then heard throughout the island seconds later and loud cheering from all streets and corners of Gallia are heard. Wine is served in the palace and the princess says her first official words*

Princess Lerina: Enjoy the evening, may the divine bless you all, and may the divine watch over Gallia as we are their children of hope and love.

*The evening would have drinks and food served throughout. Various blessed in attendance including Valtae and Fjord would use feast of the gods to cater food. Gallian foods and drinks served aside them. The Princess would dance in the ball room up stairs with her companion, Marley Green as well as others. The night would grow long, smoking in the smoking room, drinking in the taverns, feasts throughout and bards singing and playing on all floors of the palace. Guests were put into various bedrooms for the night, and for tonight there was peace among all in attendance, as Gallia is officially born.*

Last edited: