Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Ashland Conflict

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron

1697418310126.png

[!]

In light of recent news, a handful of war ships bearing the flag of Cor Votum would sail within the territorial waters of Linlea. In time they would begin patrolling the north, south and east of the isle. Essentially surrounding and forming a naval blockade, they would shoot down any ships bearing the flag of Linlea. Any trade or civilian ships from other nations would be ushered away, those who failed to comply would be shot down.

OOC: We're gonna be playing around with conflicts between Linlea and Cor Votum, if you've inquieries message me or Solus. This thread will be used for all relevant info so as to not flood the rumours thread.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
1600815881421.png1697425782729.png

Scouts alert the Navymen of Linlea of coming warships that threaten their waters. When flags are raised to warn them away, and they were attacked, the trade ships returned to port some whole, some haggard. The grand Frigate set with its own seige weaponry was set to protect the waters to keep the warships at bay from the south and south eastern lands. A schooner, manned with its own, scouts the northern waters. The various towers of Linlea are lit, fires and beacons blaring, to set up ballista bolts where they once fended off the likes of Qlippoth's ships.

The bay within Linlea tightens down the docks. Those trading are told to remain, or risk their chances in sailing out un-flagged to avoid harm. The western gates continue to monitor those arriving by land, caravans and carriages still freely shifting in secret.

Rumor spreads within Linlea itself, the Vassal traitor and turncloak Vowrawn Natri'zima undergoes Judgement for leaving the Faith of the Grey Lady, kneeling to the Skraagite Branko Callas and being one of his Generals, aiding against his crimes of wars. Liberation will return to the Ashlands & the lands claimed by Cor Votum.

[Messenger Birds are still able to be sent.]​

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

After years of being refitted in Linlea, an impressively giant warship leaves and passes through contested waters.
It docks near Storms Landing, wherein it seemingly patrols from time to time, protecting the coastal borders of the Kingdom of Aethel Deira. Whilst questions may arise on how it passed through the Cor Votum's fleet unharmed, the ships rose motifs and flag of a rose makes clear whom it belongs to.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
1600815881421.png

Rumor in Linlea whispers of attempts at negotiating the release of Vowrawn Natri'zima. His screams and shouts from within the prisons concern many passerbys. The Callas's Cotum has requested a demand and the Tol'fen's voice has been returned. The warships still loom and concern remains of their apparent threat. Scouts continue to keep an eye upon the waters, skies and horizon.

Meanwhile harvest has come early to Linlea and rations have been enforced the past week until a time it will be lifted.
Curfew has been set up for citizens and travelers straggled, alike.
The Isles prepare for a longer haul within their confines.

1698364951883.png

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron

A tightness begins to stir in the tides leading across the nearby Isle of Drakenport, thought to be leaderless after the premature death of Lady Briarwood and the abandonment of the declared heir. Uncertainty stirs in a mostly leaderless population, upheld only by the stewards left behind to rule. They question whether to support their neighborly ministry of the Grey Lady or submit in fear to the dominion of Cor-Votum for what seems to be overwhelming in power. Hoisting the colors of navy blue and purple upon their warships as the blockade continues taking its toll on trade, preparing for action.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
1699839029070.png

As the turncloak Vowrawn Natri'zima was released and transferred on the agreement that Gra'Kanat would remain out of the war of the Ashlands, an attack took place upon the southern blockade ship. Linlea sent a brave crew to take it down. The surprise attack left Cor Votum in shock, mobilizing their northern and eastern ships to begin their attack as Linlea's ships and another prepared crew took to meet them. A battle took place causing wounds, explosions and ships to ruin. Most of Cor Votum's forces fled by ship before managing to reach the Isles. Meanwhile, their forces on land headed on foot to take over Linlea's Mining region.

The blockade broken allowed supply ships to arrive along with a warship in toe, bringing relief to Linlea's Isles during the aftermath. Rumor has it that Branko Callas dissappeared during the seige's occuring. Vibiana of Cor Votum was left as stand-in, immediately calling for a ceasefire. Letters were sent out to seek a peaceful resolution for the losses felt by both sides.

(Players can freely move now, no longer limited to the blockade or war-ridden regions. More resolution will be coming soon)​

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
script.png.pngIn an effort for peace, Princess Vibiana, and Tol'fen Ashna Kov'Gra'Sek of Linlea have agreed to these terms:
Branko Callas of Cor Votum has been removed as Leader in favor of a peaceful candidate, Vibiana Herennia of Cor Votum.
The Corpse Law is abolished under Vibiana of Cor Votum's rule.
Cor Votum announces the release of any unwilling vassals under their rule. This includes: The Sallana Gardens, Respite, and The Golden Coast. If unnamed, voice or announce your words in a letter to those involved of this liberation, or assume free of their claim if no vows are renewed. Cor Votum offers those leaving the benefit of staying under a new leadership with future declarations to be outlined by Lady Vibiana. Otherwise, they will withdraw their borders away from those leaving. They will not be retaliated against for departing, nor their leaders, families and people threatened against pursued or hunted.
Linlea will treat the new Cor Votum as a new force in the political field. Those electing to stay will not be penalized for working under a prior mad king, unless they hold grevious sins of murderous or corrupted intent, and/or hold prior bounties.
Linlea requires a tenuous peace between the regions and people within the Ashen Sea. This includes those that sided on differing positions and who are conflicting neighbors to those that desired liberation from their oppressors. Among locations already named, are the settlers led by the village directly south of them, of Ophelia, the island occupied by Matthias, Blessed, and Gra'Kanat of Vowrawn Natrizima.
The group known as the "Bloodied Knot" will be declared enemies of both powers if these peace declarations do not absolve their reason of existence. A bounty placed on their hierarchy.
Any undead hordes within the Cor Votum empire will be destroyed. Any outside the Cor Votum purview will be pushed back to the Sorrows and Skraag influenced regions. Locations with straying undead are free to drive them away. They may contact either power for aid.

Signed, Tol'fen Ashna Kov'Gra'Sek & Princess Vibiana Herennia
Pandora12Q xVigil Lovelyninja567 Si10k
JennyBean Sergeant Freedom MaelstromPuddle
Blorbis83

Last edited:

Sergeant Freedom

Lord of Altera
Sergeant_Freedom
Sergeant_Freedom
Legend
View attachment 140192In an effort for peace, Princess Vibiana, and Tol'fen Ashna Kov'Gra'Sek of Linlea have agreed to these terms:
Branko Callas of Cor Votum has been removed as Leader in favor of a peaceful candidate, Vibiana Herennia of Cor Votum.
The Corpse Law is abolished under Vibiana of Cor Votum's rule.
Cor Votum announces the release of any unwilling vassals under their rule. This includes: The Sallana Gardens, Respite, and The Golden Coast. If unnamed, voice or announce your words in a letter to those involved of this liberation, or assume free of their claim if no vows are renewed. Cor Votum offers those leaving the benefit of staying under a new leadership with future declarations to be outlined by Lady Vibiana. Otherwise, they will withdraw their borders away from those leaving. They will not be retaliated against for departing, nor their leaders, families and people threatened against pursued or hunted.
Linlea will treat the new Cor Votum as a new force in the political field. Those electing to stay will not be penalized for working under a prior mad king, unless they hold grevious sins of murderous or corrupted intent, and/or hold prior bounties.
Linlea requires a tenuous peace between the regions and people within the Ashen Sea. This includes those that sided on differing positions and who are conflicting neighbors to those that desired liberation from their oppressors. Among locations already named, are the settlers led by the village directly south of them, of Ophelia, the island occupied by Matthias, once Blessed, and Gra'Kanat of Vowrawn Natrizima.
The group known as the "Bloodied Knot" will be declared enemies of both powers if these peace declarations do not absolve their reason of existence. A bounty placed on their hierarchy.
Any undead hordes within the Cor Votum empire will be destroyed. Any outside the Cor Votum purview will be pushed back to the Sorrows and Skraag influenced regions. Locations with straying undead are free to drive them away. They may contact either power for aid.

Signed, Tol'fen Ashna Kov'Gra'Sek & Princess Vibiana Herennia
Pandora12Q xVigil Lovelyninja567 Si10k
JennyBean Sergeant Freedom MaelstromPuddle
Blorbis83
I've missed a good portion of this event as motivation has diminished but it feels like a super lackluster ending. A massive war planned, awaiting for weeks for an update by either side only for this to occur. It seems like the only one taking a loss is Kosta outright. Idk, just my viewpoint

As a side note, Matthias isn't publicly unblessed. I'm not sure if someone of the same faith could tell that, but the only people who know are Branko and Amelie.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I've missed a good portion of this event as motivation has diminished but it feels like a super lackluster ending. A massive war planned, awaiting for weeks for an update by either side only for this to occur. It seems like the only one taking a loss is Kosta outright. Idk, just my viewpoint
Kosta's in the chat where we discussed it. Pan took over as he withdrew. The war couldn't continue and those remaining, us, wanted to resolve it. That's all I'll say on that portion.

As a side note, Matthias isn't publicly unblessed. I'm not sure if someone of the same faith could tell that, but the only people who know are Branko and Amelie.
I can amend that part.

Sergeant Freedom

Lord of Altera
Sergeant_Freedom
Sergeant_Freedom
Legend
Kosta's in the chat where we discussed it. Pan took over as he withdrew. The war couldn't continue and those remaining, us, wanted to resolve it. That's all I'll say on that portion.
That's fair, I didn't imagine everyone would be involved behind the scenes it just feels like there could've been more story involved I suppose. Apart from the leaders, I think this might be the first bit of info the majority of us got. I also think Kosta was rather busy with exams but I won't speak for him.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
[Theme]

Bloodied Knot Flag.png

We the members of the Bloodied Knot hereby agree to the conditions laid forth by the Princess Vibiana & Lady Ashna Kov'Gra'Sek.

Such agreement is unanimous and without hesitation: no sword remains unsheathed for bloodshed, no heart stirred for further vengeance, and no mind's eye set to the red port of war.

With little fanfare, we announce that our Rebellion is ceased and our Order sits disbanded until we are needed by the Realm once more.
We pray that the successor of the Emperor Grisha continues to exercise such noble and just judgement as she has on this day.

So long as our prayers our answered, we remain her loyal and stalwart subjects.

Praise the Gods; we are coming home.

Pandora12Q Solus Kostadim