Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Now QUESTS! V2.0

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

Castle speedpaint - Byzwa Dher - Deviantart.com

You might have read my thread called "QUESTS!" [<- link] or you might even have participated in some of the quests! This thread elaborates on that.

Creating these quests (in total 23), was quite time-intensive. It took time to think of them, to create the tiny story line and then to collect the items and xp needed to name them into quest items. Then there was also the time I took to set it up by building a spot for the quest.

I had a lot of fun with it, but right now I got too much on my plate to continue doing something that takes up so much time. To continue the fun and legacy, here's QUESTS! V2.0

This is the idea:
My character, a retired adventurer, will send you for an errand or a mission. He is for instance in need of certain items. These items aren't created yet. You'll have to rp with others, or go into the wilds to create and name these items yourself, but acquiring them ICly through RP!

An Example:
Nowadays, the Packman is starting a museum. He might talk to you about it and then ask you to get him something. Today, I roleplayed with Athena, a guard in Mockingbay. She told me a gryphon's skull could be a nice addition to the museum. Now that your character is in need of adventure, The Packman might ask of you to go up north and hunt a gryphon.

Where in the old thread, I'd create the site of the gryphon hunting and the gryphon skull myself. Now I leave all this to you. Get in touch with someone who can verify your goal is possible lore-wise, it is not uncommon for the packman to send you chasing things that don't exist.

It's not about the reward, it's about the roleplay of course. But of course, you can get some items that you can actually use, by roleplaying with others. In the example: Find someone with knowledge on gryphons or someone who's a good hunter. Go together to the site where gryphons live. RP a fight with one of them. Travel back to the packman and deliver the product, while perhaps you also created some gryphon feathers just for yourself to keep. We will get more immersed with the world we call Altera.

Quest ending:
You start the quest by talking to The Packman, and you end the quest by returning to him.
Inbetween these two times, you've roleplayed (either alone or with others) and performed the quest.
I'm sure if you rp it right, there might be some kind of payment for it!

Participating players:
When you roleplay with this character, you become a part of a quest. This could be your own quest, but it could also be someone elses quest. For instance, If I sent you off to steal something, while I also sent someone else to steal the same thing, you'll be competing! Or if I sent you to find some kind of artifact, you have to find another character that has knowledge on its where-abouts! (your character is still free to do with the knowledge of the artifact as he/she pleases. If he / she doesn't want to tell it to the character who wants to acquire it, then that is where the quest ends.) n_n roleplay is generated!

IMPORTANT!
Very particular items are to be identified by any player with knowledge of the subject. This means that you might one day have a roleplay with someone that gives you an item that your character honestly doesn't know a thing about.
At that moment, YOU may decide whether or not your character recognizes this item. If you char does, YOU may think of anything you like, as long as it suits the lore. In the case of a weapon, for example, it could be a very normal one, or one that is clearly damaged through battle, or very sharp, or chewed on, etc.
USE YOUR IMAGINATION :D

To start your quest, just talk to The Packman.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Readij or any other staff that can tell me anything about this:
"Are we, as players, allowed the freedom to create our own storylines like this? Our own items/artifacts to fill up a museum?"
Is it okay as long as it's acquired through rp? Or do we need to contact a certain staff-member at each item we try to acquire?

The main idea is that The Packman needs to have been told by someone (a player) about an item before he sends someone after it.

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Readij or any other staff that can tell me anything about this:
"Are we, as players, allowed the freedom to create our own storylines like this? Our own items/artifacts to fill up a museum?"
Is it okay as long as it's acquired through rp? Or do we need to contact a certain staff-member at each item we try to acquire?

The main idea is that The Packman needs to have been told by someone (a player) about an item before he sends someone after it.
Basically, yes, within reason. I'm all for players doing their own events and making their own RP, I think it's great. Just be aware of meta/power gaming.

With the items, they need to be within lore and obviously no magical/super duper item stuff - stick to things that make sense, and use your common sense. If you're not sure, or you think maaaaaybe it might be pushing the boundaries a bit, or you just want to double check, flick me a message.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
That is exactly what I was doing with my Relics Emporium last year :D
I'm curious about what you're going to do with that! We might even maybe start a business partnership, who knows? :p

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
That is exactly what I was doing with my Relics Emporium last year :D
I'm curious about what you're going to do with that! We might even maybe start a business partnership, who knows? :p
Who knows?! :D

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
You never cease to amaze P00f! Thank you for working so hard to keep rp new, vibrant, and interesting for all of us here! :heart: