Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Open Letter On the Inquisition's Progress in the Landing

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
inquis2.png
· · ─────── ·][· ─────── · ·

An Open Letter
Pro Re Nata

· · ─────── ·][· ─────── · ·

A letter penned in the Inheritor's hand appears on the notice board of the Landing, and the relevant fragments of the letter are spread by heralds in the Landing for a brief time.

To the Citizens of the Landing and Beyond,​
It has been many long weeks since the events of the Declaration of a Failed State and my ensuing trial. To the spectators of those events who were excited to see blood running like a river over the city's cobbles, I apologize for the disappointment that it was much less exciting than was many expected. Nevertheless, it can be said overall that the city is overall improving and there has been some success. Today marks the day that investigation into the guard force of the Landing can be said to be concluded, for this was the first step in reforming the failed state. There have been some investigations into the Council, but as those investigations are incomplete it bears no mention yet. The Guard is the force which most citizens of the Landing come into contact with the most often, and is the mechanism by which the Council's will is enforced, therefore it bore first measure.​
It can be said that while most of the members of the Guard are average citizens seeking only to aid their city, and in fact more members of the guard are natural citizens of the Landing moreso than their Council, the actual leadership of the Guard bear clear loyalties to those outside of the city. The Inquisition may only issue odiums against those who have violated the Laws of Man, and so consider the following a mere denouncement of the two most corrupt officials instead.​
Kethron, Guard Captain
I. A Curator Within the Lands of Candlewood. Candlewood is a land rife with heretics and those who would not mean the city of Storm's Landing well. To be a Curator in those lands is to have the utmost loyalty to them, and it can be said that one who is expected to enforce the laws of a state should not be leaders within another, such may result in a conflict of interest to citizens in the city they are nominally protecting.​
II. Abuse of Power and Responsibility. This whole ordeal began with the unlawful pronouncement of sentences unto others that the Guard Captain has no right to grant under Storm's Landing law. If the Guard Captain presumes to issue a banishment against me, then how many lesser citizens has he unlawfully threatened or damned out of hand?​
III. Cronyism and Protection of His Own First. The Guard Captain's first and foremost lieutenant is the former demon Oleg. He has put his thumb on the scales of democracy within the Guard, and done what he can to see that those who are loyal to him first and the city second are placed in positions of power within it. The Guard Captain saw nothing wrong with having a criminal demon as his lieutenant, his fellow Curator, on the Guard until public opinion turned against them and new laws were established forcing guards to be exorcised.​
IV. Incompetence. How many know of a prisoner being openly kidnapped from within the Guard's own cells? It sounds a plain impossibility, but such a thing was done under the unwatchful gaze of the Guard Captain.​
V. Obstruction of Investigations. It was my charge following my trial to investigate corruption within the city. It has ever been a thorn in my side to have my demands and appeals to such be blocked by the Guard Captain undermining my every step, through both open and secret acts. It has delayed the investigation of the Guard for months working around this individual, and shows a certain hesitancy to be investigated in the first place given what such investigations would - and have - revealed.​
Oleg, Lieutenant
I. A Curator Within the Lands of Candlewood. Like the Guard Captain, the Lieutenant holds a position of high leadership and responsibility within the openly heretical citystate. This matter explains the protectionism between the two, that the Guard Captain should not be expected to undermine his friend and ally, and likewise for the Lieutenant to undermine his Guard Captain.​
II. Willing Possession and Suspected Collusion. The Lieutenant was one of the first to bear the marks of a demon, and only sought exorcism when forced to by new laws in the city. He saw fit not to persecute other demons for laws broken in the city in general, but seems only to have acted against his own kind when his hand was forced.​
III. Craven Dereliction of Duty. The Lieutenant has on at least one occasion attempted to enforce his own perverted interpretation of the laws, clouded by his own biases as a member of Candlewood and status as a demon, and then fled in open abandonment of that same cause.​
It is the recommendation of the Inquisition that these two be subjected to a Vote of No Confidence and a new captain be elected from within the ranks of the Guard and a new lieutenant likewise. Such agents of disorder being in positions of high responsibility with their history as it is and clear biases, it would be unreasonable to keep them in the Guard any longer.​
As for other aspects of the city should these two agents be removed, an investigation into the Council for corruption likewise should be conducted. If that proves to have minimal elements of corruption within that is swiftly dealt with, then it is the position of the Inquisition that a few reforms to its government and its laws shall be necessary, and then the city shall no longer be deemed a failed state. It is the position of the inquisition that following the investigation of the Guard only two clearly corrupt members of it is a positive sign.​
In faith and in hopes of a speedy resolution to Storm's Landing's ails,​
Aleksei Ivanov, Inheritor

· · ─────── ·][· ─────── · ·​