Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[ Mechanics ]

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
1656119349334.png
[ ART CREDIT ]

· · ─────── ·][· ─────── · ·
MECHANICS
· · ─────── ·][· ─────── · ·

There will be multiple systems in place to try and help give more depth to the arc considering the PvE focus. Be this the way injuries play out, the equipment you carry, or the illnesses you bare.

· ─────── ·
|[ DEATH & REVIVAL ]|

During moments of masses of zombies (and more) death is likely. However, minecraft deaths to zombies do not count as IC deaths, but rather injury sustained. Upon death, I'll have a /warp event established into a safe area (likely a medical ward/location) that you can do to get back. When you return, roll a /d20 and follow the guide below.

If you are armoured, consider how the wounds would get through and apply them realistically. Full suits of plate are the best protection and most injuries will be minor, but a gambeson might not protect some parts of the body, etc. Go with what feels right to you, I'm not going to punish you for making it more minor (or worse!) than suggested.

1 - 5
These rolls should be an injury considered 'severe'. This is deep wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, and in some cases, death.

6 - 10
These rolls are notable injuries but are not quite severe. Broken noses, sprains, lighter bites, dislocations, and so on.

11 - 15
These rolls are minor, and can be shrugged off. Bruises, scratches, light cuts, etc.

16 - 20
These rolls are essentially you seeing it coming, but avoiding it, by whichever manner you see fit. Untouched.

· ─────── ·
|[ EXHAUSTION & SICKNESS ]|

Fighting hordes of creatures and/or undead is a tiring, gruelling affair with risks of all sorts. At the end of each event, exhaustion will factor in for your character for the rest of that day as well as the risk of exposure to sickness and disease. At the end of combat, rolls will be required relating to the stat system this time. Following the guide below:

Exhaustion: Body+Might
Rolls resulting in no successes will result in your character almost passing out, breathless, and needing to find a place to sit and rest almost immediately. They are truly drained.
Rolls of two or less will have the body ache, breath be hard to catch, and likely need to find a place to take it easy for a little while.
Rolls of three or above will feel the aches of prolonged combat, but be able to catch their breath quicker and overcome it to continue.
Note: For those in full plate, roll at disadvantage.

Sickness: Body+Fortitude
Rolls resulting in no successes will guarantee some form of illness, disease, or infection at your choice. This includes 'Skraag's Touch'.
Rolls of two or less will feel a wave of nausea at the environment they are now within, and/or gain some sort of minor infection or illness.
Rolls of three or above will note the smells and sights, feel vaguely unwell, but ultimately be unharmed.

· ─────── ·
|[ ARMOUR & WEAPONRY ]|

I tend to not allow 'enchanted diamond gear' for these events despite it being PvE as I think the added challenge when in the numbers of players works out well. I also believe you can wear the armour that you have IC - Through the HollowCrafting system. As a result, the armour you have IC will be what you can wear OOC, and no more. The only exception to this rule is if you're having a genuinely terrible time with lag and have a potato to play on, you can use whatever armour that keeps you safer. The same applies to weaponry - Use what you use IC.
Enchantments are not applicable as they are not IC at this time.

· ─────── ·
|[ SPELLCASTING ]|

There are various spells that work IC but that cannot quite be applied in times of PvE. I will do my best to work with you where able, but for the most part this one is probably going to require a bit of testing before I can come up with any set rules. I can make fire for Ignis spells, but it'll do more harm to you (likely). I cannot dust waves of undead from GL spells either... But these things will work in RP encounters.

· ─────── ·
|[ LOOT SYSTEM ]|

With hordes of undead and other monsters, chances are they often leave something behind even if it is not overly useful. I'll be working on a system to distribute props throughout this arc at the end of each week's combat, varying in quality pending on rolls. At the end of combat, should you decide to try and find something IC amongst the remains, you can roll when I call for 'loot rolls'. These will be a simple d10, with rolls of 1 the worst quality and rolls of 10 being the highest. This will vary quite a lot - from skulls, coinpurses, to daggers and helmets and the like.

For some, but not all, of the events I will also include a roll to find a divine trinket. Everyone present may roll a d100 - Those of the current faith (I'll announce the faith after the initial rolls) being able to roll twice and take the higher one.​

Last edited: