Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Kaea Verauldi

Chikaea

I think I might like it here
Name: Kaea Verauldi
Nickname/Alias: Chi
Race: Human
Height: 5'11"
Weight: Bigger than small but smaller than huge. Figure that one out why don'tcha.
Hair: A light, sort of golden brown. Short and very curly and wavy. Usually it's covered by a hat or some other type of hair covering.
Eyes: Dark brown.
Skin: Very light, almost literally white.
Identifying Marks: She is always wearing something on her head. the truth is that her hair like to spike up in the oddest ways, and she hates for it to do that, so whether it be a helmet or just a bit of cloth, something is holding her hair down. Add to that that her clothes are never nice looking, and are usually torn in several places, and, if not torn, not done up properly. There is also a pink scar on her right cheek (her left if you are looking at her). Still, her most defining characteristic has nothing to do with her appearance, and everything to do with her voice. She speaks with a bit of a drawl, though not bad enough that people can't understand her. Sometimes though, it almost seems like she has several accents, all melded in one.
Appearance: She towers above most other humans that she may be found with. Her hair is always unruly, even when it is tucked under her hat. More often than not she can be found carting along her fishing pole, which she cares for almost more than she loves herself. She also has an array of freckles that spatters across her nose and cheeks.
Strengths: She has incredible patience when she wants to. This is part of the reason why she can sit still and fish for a very long time. She also has a generally jolly demeanor. She can get along with most anyone, no matter what form of life they come from.
Weaknesses and fears: She is a bit of a loud mouth. She cannot stand it when some people do things that get on her nerves. That's where her patience fails, and she will get up in anyone's face. Still, despite this, she will often come to her senses quickly, unless she's been holding it in for a long time. Another weakness of hers is nighttime. She cannot stand the night, especially if the creatures come out. She has a great fear of the nighttime, especially in the South. Rarely will she leave the North out of fear of the monsters that come out at night there. Another issue is that she will often have sudden changes of her mind. Some days, she'll just wake up and decide that she needs a change and go off traveling. Most of the time she'll return, but sometimes she just settles down in a new place.
Religion and cults: She worships the God of Luck, Jax, because she says, "He's been there fer me when I've needed luck the most. I'll stick with him until the day I die." She doesn't follow him as obsessively as one can, but she does more than most.
Profession: She used to be an innkeeper in her home town. But after many years of that she decided that she was done. Then she became a traveler, and a wanderer. In all of her travels, she gathered stories that she began to tell them wherever she traveled. Some of her tales she makes up, but most come from something she heard about someone else, and rarely are they anything but humorous.

Tadah! Alright, I'm going to get the back story all written up, but really, I would love it if some people would like to cross back stories. That's awesome to me. If you would like, send me a message or just post here or something.

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
Oooooh. Nice profile.
But I noticed one flaw.
"She can get along with most anyone, no matter what form of life they come from."
Heheheh, good luck being friends with Nimue >:3

Chikaea

I did say most, not all. There are some exceptions, and Nimue would be... well... not most.

Chikaea

Backstory
Part One

It almost seemed too bright and sunny as Kaea "Chi" Verauldi trekked through the frozen forest where her home used to be hidden. Her breath appeared in the air as a little puff of vapor as she pushed forward, her tough leather armor doing little to keep her warm.

She wasn't sure why she had come back to this place. Nothing was here anymore, and she knew that. She remembered when it had happened, and how devastating it had been to everyone she had grown up with - those who survived anyway.

She wasn't sure what she was looking for, traveling do far away from the civilization she now knew. Maybe it was only for the memories. Maybe it was reconciliation. Still, here she was, armed with only an axe and her armor, traversing the wilds of the far north.

Chi stopped fast at the sight of a lit cave, more like a hole in the ground really, not ten steps to her left. She remembered this place. They had used it at a forge when she was only a child, and her father and mother had often come with the other men of the clan in order to prepare new weapons. Her mother was probably the best weaponsmith in the clan, so it was only natural that she came with the men to the forge, while usually most of the women stayed behind.

"Don't go too far, Sawutu!" Chi's mother called from behind the child, who was racing after her friend, light brown hair sticking straight up in all directions. "In fact," her mother continued, "Stay inside the swamp!"

Chi laughed her six-year-old laugh as she raced to catch up with her friends. Chi was the only girl her age allowed to go to the forge. If her Mumu and Fatoru, her mother and father, hadn't both had to go to the forge, she's probably spend more time with the other girls in the camp. As it was, she spent more time with the boys, climbing and hunting and shooting. the swamp was their place to play, with trees who's vines drooped low enough that they could climb and pigs and chickens to practice on with their bows.

Chi's best friend, Jasana, was pushing himself through the swamp water toward the opposite shore, and Chi took off after him. "Wutumu faru!" Chi cried, "Wait for me!"

"Kupupu!" Jasana shot back, "Keep up!"

Chi studied the water's surface for a time and then leaped across on the lily pads, laughing as she quickly caught up with her friend. He scowled at her, trying to get the mud off of his clothes while she laughed at him, perfectly dry. "What will we do today, Farunada Jasana?" Chi asked, "Will we hunt for eggs again?"

"We did that last time, Dutu Ko!" Jasana replied scornfully, "We need to do something much more fun this time."

"What's that?"

Jasana's dark eyes glittered, "Natona's going to take us to the mountains."

Natona was an older boy of the clan, nearly six years older than Jasana and Chi. Natona was only a few months away from becoming a Bunadutusa, and receiving his wupuna, a short and very sharp sword. Then, during the warm season, Natona and all the other children his age would travel to far away lands and perform their first Rubaru - the rite of passage for young Bunadutusa. Of course, Chi didn't really care to much about that at the time. All she knew was, Natona was not nice to either of them.

"Mumu said that we weren't supposed to leave the swamp," Chi whispered in response. She didn't want to go anywhere with Natona.

"But Natona can take care of you," Jasana replied, "I don't know about you, but I can take care of myself anywhere, even in the mountains. Danatu ba dutu! Don't be so afraid." And with that, Jasana led the way to where Natona was waiting, and Chi followed.

Chikaea

I actually found the places where this happened in the actual world of Altera. Remind me to show you next time you're on.