Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Item loring discussion and Public item lore sharing

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Hello! I'm sure a thread has been around with these links already somewhere, but I'd like to use this one for storing publicly shared item lores

Players who share their lore must
Be okay with it being used
Be okay with minor personal edits done to them between people

Item lores posted will be compiled at the top of the thread once we are a few pages deep
Though if people would like to share a preview of their IG item's lore/appearnce in the form of screenshots that would be more than welcome
Got a screenshot of an item you're proud of? Share it here!

Feel free to discuss broad topics related to loring items and their IC descriptions
And make sure to properly separate the item texts!

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
I will be discussing holy symbols and my personal material to god bias later while working on making some examples for people after some rest :)

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Okay so, Holy symbols.

Holy symbols have a lot of possible diversity in material use, simply because there are underlying religious references built all over the system. You can have them be of the god's main symbol, Of a member of their court, Something really close to that god (See beasts for Theodra, certain plants for shalherana) Or even the recent addition of certain animals or signs for those gods in question.

Material notes

Shalherana- Wood (I have seen some, In the past it was in question if this was approptiate for her given wood is a plant and her symbol.... But I think there are some decent options. Birch being the main one. But if it ever really bothers your character consider it being something harvested from a pruning/gardening upkeep session. Whatever framing works!

Addition to birch- Birch in religious discussion goes back to Shalherana and Ignis iirc

Korog- Korog has had a associasion with bronze, but you could probably have it be sentimental for that character. Maybe it was the first holy symbol they ever made. Maybe it's masterworked and something they really worked hard on for progress of their faith!
though as the god of crafts and like all of them anything goes.

Theodra and the grey lady- Given the status of undead If you wanted a holy symbol that you didn't carve out in the wild, You could use silver, Or blooded silver. As both of those have strong past associations with hunting the undead. Theodra also carries Silver as one of her agents

Skragg, anything goes, I know of a certain skraggite interested in platinum, But there's not many material references to him besides ones that could work against him

Jishrim- I would say anything, I'm not sure how he'd react to starblood though. Do that. I dare you.

Jax and Sallana- It's gotta look good and shiny Jax is gold boy. So that's an easy one, but you could just as easily add gold details with the engraving tool system. I think sallana would like gold but as long as it looks nice. Personally, I like using Birdwood for craft related to her when carving.

Visage- Anything goes, Would suggest earkstone so it could point someone swimming up.

Valiant- I prefer metal over wood for him simply because his symbol is a sword.

Other notes- I have a meme habit of making Masterwork(MW) holy suymbols of blooded silver, Simply because in symbols they offer the most potential use and mileage beyond just faith. It's also a detection item this way that you don't have to sheathe into a scabbard.. You can just wear it or check whenever you want it's a differnt way sure, but imo it's less hassle.

Grey lady folk could use miststone or Eizholz for the association with winter.

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
I'll be loring a basic symbol for theodra and Shalherana next, Will post here.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
&a[&fSymbol of the all-mother&a]&8[Silver Coin]
&fA round silver medallion depicting a butterfly seen from above. Etched into the bottom reads the words &aBe nice'
2022-04-01_19.46.22.png
Creators note- on my prop, I added a space so it looks a little off. But I've corrected it in the the text. I also usually mention that it's strung up but hopefully this can give people a general idea.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
2022-02-01_23.21.28.png

I also wanted to share this lore Item wrote up in conjunction with another player.. I can't find where I stored it for public sharing. However, For those curious how the text box is so big, You can add space between writing and also write a little more lore on an additional page. Be sure not to add too much as after a certain point, some of the text will get cut off.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I am extremely happy with potions that Lana makes.
Kostadim has helped me a lot with filling Lana's shelves as a healer as they levelled up their own alchemy skill (I gave them the lore to copy and paste). Thank you, Kosta :heart:

Thought I would share the lore'd items thus far, as I cannot make any lore items whilst on a 30 day cooldown and in crippling radiant debt.

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
Not super fancy, But just some simple items I can add more as I craft them

[Color] [fabric] Ribbon

&7A simple [color] [fabric] ribbon that is soft to the touch and long enough to time ones hair back if desired. Very fashionable.

Simple {color} Dress &5A simple dress of [color] made of [material] expertly sewn together.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Some of Athryl's latest potions. I am quite happy with how I wrote these up.

70d809bb77950c79154e1a549a481c96.png864b71ff251e21324649027b5c0991dc.png
b1126496b479705a91b32e8be9d5c793.pngf5eb1aac37f3fffb056f5ddcba02c8f0.png

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
hey for anyone who can't see all of an item's lore you write, I suggest lowering your GUI size