Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Introduction] The Grand Archives

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
archivescomplete.png

thearch.png
arhives.png
grand.png
· · ───────────── ·✧· ───────────── · ·
overview.png
A great monument to the pursuit of knowledge, the Grand Archive is an expansive structure carved into the stone cliffside of Ashstadt. A great glass dome allows light to pour into the centre, and the use of mirrors illuminates further within. Candles and lanterns are regulalarly maintained to light where the sun does not reach.​
Whilst the objective of the Archives is to store all knowledge, it makes an active effort to curate new tomes and collections as to provide an alternative place of learning to other libraries. This is to give unique purpose to each of them and hopefully, give cause to travel between them. This means whilst some tomes may be copied from other sources, it will have its own variety of tomes that cannot be found elsewhere as well as not holding the same knowledge to be located in other places of learning.​
scryers.png
Operating within these vast halls are the Scryers, who devote themselves to bringing knowledge to the Archives be it tome or relic. These individuals may tutor, locate and collect items of interest, maintain the collection, or even be the ones to document history itself as scribes and scholars.​
Most who join hold the title of ‘Scryer’, though there are a few other ranks to help provide structure to the organisation and who are tasked with additional responsibility over the other Scryers. These other ranks are expected to be able to work closely with the ruler of Ashstadt and be able to communicate with them if necessary in regards to the work of the Archives.​
Magister - The leader of the Grand Archives, and responsible for them as a whole.​
Title currently held by: Melarue Lydril Elz
Archivist - Secondary to the Magister, they primarily make themselves available when the Magister is unable to be present. Additionally, they are the ones to approve of lessons and appoint Lecturers should they deem the individuals adept in their desired area of expertise. They may also recruit new Scryers.​
Title currently held by: Elthea Erynor Book
Castellan - Tasked with keeping the Archives clean, orderly, and being responsible for the needs and wellbeing of the Scryers. They are also the ones to organise events or gatherings within the Archives themselves.​
Title currently held by: Alexandra von Briarwood Arget Istalri
─────────────

Lecturer - Scryers can gain an additional title of ‘Lecturer’ should the Archivist or Magister deem them well versed in a specific topic/area of knowledge, as well as being able (and willing) to host lessons within the Archives on this topic. Multiple Lecturers can be titled of the same topics. These Lecturers will be noted below.​
Lecturers:
✧ Lecturer of Arts & Flora - Lirio Mal'arn Cukie1
✧ Lecturer of Beasts - N/A​
Scryer - The title given to those formally accepted into the organisation running the Grand Archive. Their responsibilities are stated above. A current roster of Scryers can be seen below.​
Scryers:
✧ Melarue Lydril Elz
✧ Elthea Erynor Book
✧ Veldric Alraun-Dugald mageaegis
✧ Bernard von Briarwood Galaxy
✧ Alexandra von Briarwood Arget Istalri
✧ Andreia Kaoiyr
✧Artesia Vaneme nexscarecrow
✧Lirio Mal'arn Cukie1
Any who join are expected to be loyal, trustworthy, and devoted to the pursuit and keeping of knowledge. They are also expected to have respect and be on good terms with Ashstadt, for that is where the Grand Archive is located. Residing within Ashstadt is not a requirement, though it may be preferred for access even if it is claiming one of the many rooms of the Inn or one of the few rooms within the Archives themselves.​
thearchives.png
The Grand Archives are vast, and it can be relatively easy to get lost in pursuit of specific tomes or relics. The great building is seperated into various areas, and includes some of the land outside of it as well. Be this the greenhouse, the museum, the great hall, various lecture halls, or the map room. Below is a map, showcased within the entrance hall of the Archives themselves.​
[ Map Pending (I need to draw it). ]​

thepatrons.png
Notable individuals who have assisted in the founding and starting of the Archives can be seen below, as well as with names in the entrance hall of the Archives. These individuals can be Scryers as well.​
✧ ELTHEA ERYNOR ✧ Book
A dedication to assisting the Magister, and transcribing great amounts of notes into tomes.​
✧ BERNARD VON BRIARWOOD ✧ Galaxy
The donation of books, and the decoration of the children's play area in the reception.​
✧ MATHAEUS DE KOURTNAY ✧ BoredBrit
The generous and humble donation of 250,000r.​

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Mostly complete, still a big WIP. Library itself is going to take a long while to 'gain' the books and things as a lot of it is writing up new things and experiences IC which depends a lot on motivation. If you want to join, send me or Book a PM.

Book

Loyal Servant of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
Bookwormpower
Bookwormpower
Patron
HELL YEAH BOOKS

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Patrons and Scryers added and updated. The library is not 'officially open' until we have far more books to fill the shelves with, but visitors are welcome as well as those interested in joining - This can be known IC.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Castellan position taken by Alexandra! Also got a section made so we've got somewhere for any event threads / catalogue efforts / information.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I'm too lazy to make another thread, but following the notes here [ x ] about (please) not copying books so we don't get duplicated ones, the Archives are selling ten of the limited copies of 'Hellborn Flora, Volume I' book. They are 7.5k per, send me a message and I'll sort it with you. I've edited each of the ten to have 'Copy 1/10, 2/10' etc on the first page.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
{ ! }
The Archives have temporarily closed, books and relics moved elsewhere with the rumours of a skirmish. The tavern is the new place to meet if necessary.

(Closing for a bit since IC battle is looming)

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
{ ! }

The Archives are re-opened within Ashstadt once more.

(I'll not be as active, but they're open again and I'll try to work on more content over time)