Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Holdsworth Law

About Holdsworth Law
Holdsworth Law is an IC firm prepared to handle both IC and server-related OOC actions (aka not IRL laws). An example might be defending your character in a trial, drafting an IC death or ban will, recording property title, or "suing" IC'ly in contract or tort.

If you want to use our services, apply below and come RP with Miles Holdsworth (IGN=Attorney). If "Attorney" is not online, look for "Morgan Cerendor" (IGN=Antilogy). Or message me on skype: noggin291. Do not post a lot of information publicly, all I need to know is what category of legal work you wish to employ.

Name:
IGN:
Legal Work:

Holdsworth Law is located in Tambry-Upon-Tam. More to be added later.

Criminal Defense
Did you brutally murder somebody at the crossroads? Do you have the death sentence on 12 systems? Are you being criminally prosecuted? Look no further than Holdsworth Law. With no IC experience (yet...(lol)) and a year and a half of law school IRL, we're prepared to defend you against the man. Trust me, I'm almost a lawyer ;)

OOC (but still in game... aka not IRL) Wills and Trusts
Let's face it. Being banned or leaving unexpectedly is no fun. Watching somebody tear apart your region is no fun. Watching all those radiants and plots and rare items disappear is no fun. You've worked hard, and you deserve to have your wishes carried out. At Holdsworth, we've prepared methods for transferring regions so they aren't wrecked. We can arrange it so that, upon your departure, we can distribute your assets according to your specifications.

IC-Wills and Trusts
Tell me, do you fear death? Holdsworth can't give you immortality, but we can make sure your possessions are passed down to your heirs. At the event of an IC death, your property could either travel to your next character, or to your heir. By executing a will, you can specify to whom you want your property to go, and it can be literally anybody! Want to leave property to your recluse daughter who writes poetry in her tower? No problem! Want to leave your super rare tunic woven with the fabric of space and time itself to your third nephew twice removed? No problem! At Holdsworth, we can write wills to help your survivors understand and carry out your wishes!

Titles
Do you want to certify that you own something? An official record of your nobility? Proof you own that random storage locker in that one region nobody's ever heard of? Come to us with your assets and we will certify your claims!

Divorce
'Nuff said.

Hiring
Miles Holdsworth is looking for a partner and hiring an associate/apprentice. Miles will teach you the law (you'll get a rough idea of IRL common and majority American law as well).

***Please note: Holdsworth is not an IRL law firm and any advice I or my character or any characters associated with Holdsworth is not legal advice. It's a game, and this is all in good fun. If you actually have a legal question, ask a real lawyer.***

So far Miles has fought for Drake Hawklight's treason case as well as Balatro DeCronus's will. As of right now, Miles needs more work ;)

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Hm, how much does each of these things cost? Might be something you want to include. Obviously prices vary between cases and people but it may be good to know a rough estimate-