Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Foxglove's Application [Approved- Fronslin]

foxglove94

Villager
The Whitelist Application Form
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
foxglove94

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
USA, EST

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using OOC information to gain a benefit in RP. Powergaming is creating a situation where there is only one possible outcome, usually to your benefit.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
I’m easily excited and I love trying new hobbies. Right now I am learning how to code. I like to sing, draw, play video games, read, and try anything creative. I have one cat named Pippin.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was referred by Birb.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, have they settled the ire of Titans and Gods. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through tenacity and reverence. The memories of their trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the stars flicker and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Alvona Granite

Character Age:

Character Race:
Dwarf

Appearance:
Alvona is 3’10” tall. She has pale skin with intense freckles, and thick red hair. She wears jewel tones when she can, but mostly what she can afford is plain fabric like brown linen. She is rarely seen without her lute. She is usually in skirts or dresses but sometimes wears pants, especially if she is headed to gather resources or something strenuous. Overall she is a modest dresser.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I don’t have an image of a skin yet

Written Test!
Alvona Granite may look like the average dwarf, but there is more to this plucky dwarf than one would think. Her hair stands proud in a thick red mane. Sure, she has the proud look etched into her boxy expression from generations of dwarves, all Korog’s children. But she does not desire to be anything a dwarf would usually like, such as crafting or smithing, or even warfare. She would rather *sing* about those things! Alvona left her home with few possessions, most precious her lute, with the fire in her heart to become a bard. Alvona is not an expert nor even a master. She is only a novice. Perhaps she is starting out too early; her parents certainly think so. But she is determined to sing with pride until the whole earth knows she is a great bard.

The first time she played the lute, her dad made some strange faces while her mom tried to smile. Alvona didn’t let this discourage her. She kept playing around town until one day a rich townsman passed her. Alvona heard them talking about the gift he would give her. Alvona was in awe. She knew people were richer than her, but she never heard of getting a gold dolly. The man told his daughter, I will get you a gift that everyone at the party will like! I will get you an entertainer. The little girl pointed at Alvona. "I want that one!" she said. The father looked confused. He said, "Are you sure? She is not the best." The daughter replied, "I want her!" Kind and desperate for some last-minute entertainment, the rich townsman asked Alvona to play at his daughter’s birthday party. Alvona nodded eagerly. Maybe this was her chance for a patron! But sadly, no one at the party seemed interested in her playing. Even the birthday girl soon ran off to play elsewhere. However, the townsman paid Alvona in gold. Alvona used the gold she earned to rent a cart and travel to the next big city. She is determined to become a great bard!

Every day she spends time trying to become a better bard. She practices new chords. She also searches for taverns and inns which will let her play on stage. She will even do it for free, to practice being in front of people. Occasionally the crowds will get drunk and chase her out with tomatoes. But for the most part, the crowds like her positive energy and determined attitude. She may still be learning music but her power with a crowd is unmistakable!

AbsentUser

Legend of Altera
Hero
Retired Staff
AbsentUser
AbsentUser
Hero
Hi there! This looks good, but could you elaborate on powergaming a little more?

foxglove94

Villager
When a player creates a character who is already a skilled assassin, they may say something like "The potion I gave you was secretly poison, you become very sick immediately!" In doing so they've created a situation that only has one outcome: the opposing player getting sick. There is no dice roll nor is there a chance for the opposing player to take an action such as inspect the potion. By powergaming the outcome of the exchange, the player has taken away a good chance for roleplay. This is the ultimate outcome of powergaming: it eliminates good roleplay.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
HollowCrafting - Our Custom Crafting Plugin!
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "Server Outreach Member." I'm here to help.

See you on the flip side.