Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Crying Blood Vote

Should the Vyre cry bloody tears?

• Yes

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I am Wake suggested a 'crying blood' mechanic for the Vyre. I will see the general view on such and either implement or not in a few days - a week. Can post your thoughts here too.

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Retired Staff
Tideborne
Tideborne
Making it an optional feature like many of the more extreme Vyre characteristics may be a way to go. That or possibly having a trigger for its, such as extreme stress or blood lust/withdrawal.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Depends on if they're keeping up with intake of water. If not, the blood they digest and consume begins to fill the role as placeholders.

Omikuji

Lord of Altera
Patron
Omikuji
Omikuji
Patron
I would say optional, I don’t really see that as a vampire trait to begin with personally. Perhaps for those with long bloodlines having that if they want, but it just seems messy cause the idea of seeing through the blood rather then tears is ech.

Thier is Vyres who don’t even rp out their proper bloodline traits as it is though so I guess make it up to the player.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I like Tide's idea of it being activated upon an extreme cue. I love the idea of a vyre not being able to control crying blood when put under a lot of strain, like in court, when hurt, starving, or whatever. So I'll vote yes.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
can we also have them eject blood from their eyes to ward off predators
Like that one reptile! That'd be a good bloodline trait for those Grey folks if they like the idea, it seems fitting when they're in distress if their camouflage fails them, and if the crying gets approved of course.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
It could be like a warning sign before a vyre is taken over by a blood frenzy. That'd be kind of cool.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
"The Vyre, providing they are particularly well fed, can find that occasionally, tears blend with excess blood and provide a somewhat horrifying visage when they weep, the eyes becoming bloodshot in the process. Eyes sting and vision is hindered in this state. Some however find that it never happens for them, and it should be noted this process is entirely voluntary and optional."

There. Sounds like a compromise.