Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Captain Cutlass

Capt_Cutlass

Official Alteran
Name: Well, I never knew my parents, but the pirates who raised me since I was a baby called me Jericho Whitestone, so I guess that's my name now.

Nickname/Alias: Growing up raised by the Kyzarr Raiders, we all had a nickname that we chose which highlighted our particular skill or profession. I chose the name Cutlass for myself because ever since I was a boy, I've been training with a cutlass as my weapon of choice. Over the years, I became quite good with it, and I started carrying one on me at all times. Made it easier for the others to know it's me. I inherited the title of Captain when the old captain, Lorenzo, just... abandoned us all of a sudden. I was the best qualified to take over as Captain after that, surpassing the leadership abilities of the other pirates, and replaced Lorenzo as Captain of the Kyzarr Raiders. People have been calling me Captain Cutlass ever since.

Age: 17 years old. Bit young for a captain, most would say, but I've definitely proven myself as a man deserving of that title.

Gender: Well, my name's Jericho, so it would stand to reason that I'm a man, now wouldn't it?
Race: As far as I can tell, I'm a human. I mean, no one's ever told me otherwise.

Height: Probably around 5 feet, 11 inches.

Weight:I think around 155-170 pounds. Been a while since I checked.

Hair: Long, straight black hair draping down over my shoulders.

Eyes: A deep cerulean that many a lass get lost in. I've heard people say that they feel like they're staring into the ocean itself when the gaze into my eyes.

Skin: Fairly tan, white skin. You'd think that for someone who's sailing most of the time, my skin would tan easier.

Identifying Marks: Like I said, I never go anywhere without a cutlass at my side. It'd be quite an occasion if someone were to catch me without one.

Appearance: I have a pretty nice build. I'm no muscle-man, but I can haul a loaded barrel over my shoulders like any other pirate around here. I have a pretty strong stance, which is key to being a skilled swordsman. I tend to favor wearing my red overcoat with gold trim, a red captain's hat with the emblem of the Kyzarr Raiders plastered on it, a good pair of ocean blue trousers, and sturdy black leather boots. People around Altera seem to talk about auras like they're rather commonplace, like everyone has one. But we Kyzarrians never really pay much attention to talk of auras because that's not really something that's a part of us. Don't people say that the color of your aura defines what kind of person you are? As far as what kind of person I am... I let my actions speak for themselves.

Strengths: As I explained earlier, I've been training with a cutlass as my primary weapon for almost as long as I can remember. I've become quite skilled with it, but I don't claim to be the best. I'm also an experience sailor, leader, thief, plunderer, and master of deception. Not to mention I'm pretty intelligent as far as pirates go, given away by my relatively proper grammer and the fact that I haven't been killed yet.

Weaknesses and fears: I've never really been one for being stuck in high places with hard, solid ground beneath me. Every man has his own particular fear. Mine is heights. Ain't no shame in that.

Religion and cults: Pirates by nature aren't particularly religious people, more often than not. But most of us tend to think of the ocean as our sort of diety. We like to consider her our mother, carrying and pushing us along in our lives. That's why it's unnatural and usually an unpleasant thing for a pirate to be landlocked for too long. And when a pirate dies at sea, we like to believe that Mother Ocean has finally called us home to spend eternity surrounded by her loving embrace.

Profession: Profession? Haven't you been paying attention? I'm a pirate. Y'know, pillage treasure, terrorize towns, sail the seven seas. It's all I've ever known, and it's what I do best. Although, while being a pirate is my main purpose in life, I also have a personal vendetta that needs to be taken care of against an organization in Kyzarr know as D.U.L.L., the Dream Utilizing League of Lunatics. Lunatics couldn't be more true. These guys are freaks, but they're also a threat to the people of Kyzarr. Or at least a threat to their sanity. These guys, lead by a man known as, The Man In The White Suit, have made it their goal to torment, brainwash, and control people by invading their subconscious while they sleep. Once they get inside a person's mind like that, they can show their victim horrible visions, perhaps terrifying visions of their future, haunting memories of their past, or even their greatest fears to the point that they feel so real, you may end up being driven to insanity. And the people they feel could actually be useful, they try to use their powers to hypnotize them into carrying out whatever orders they have without question. They came to me in my sleep one night, around a year and a half ago, and The Man in the White Suit himself tried to get me to join him. He showed me what could be possible if I were to join them; visions of the world pressed under my thumb. But that wasn't the life I wanted, and I turned him down. He told me that if I wouldn't join D.U.L.L., then I'd become just another one of their "playthings". They've been haunting my dreams regularly since, and I struggle to lock them out of my mind and combat their powers. But the subconscious of a man can be the most terrifying place in the world, and the attacks have been so bad in that past that I've been driven to insomnia at some points because I was afraid of to sleep thinking they might do that again. And now, it's my goal to sail across the known universe, even between worlds if I must, to find and destroy all members of that wretched organization, D.U.L.L.

Backstory: My backstory? I've already told you so much about my past when you weren't even asking for it yet. I'm not really sure what else there is to say.... Tell you what. I'll share my journal that I've been keeping up to this point with you if you really want to know my backstory so badly. It'll tell you about what it was like being raised by pirates, kidnapped from my own family, what happened to old Lorenzo, and also a log of many of my past adventures, as well as my present ones. If you're interested in the life story of a pirate like me, let me know, and I'll post my journals for you all to read. These adventures ain't just for me mind alone.

Capt_Cutlass

Official Alteran
Thank you very much, guys. I'm honored. Because of your positive feedback, I'm going to start to upload the my journals to this thread, hopefully as a continued series. I'll copy my journal onto here pretty soon. Hope you guys enjoy reading my stories as much as I like sharing them. :)

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
arg ya bloomin sissy of a pirate wat do ye gat ta say fer yaself, tis a poor excuse for a tale ya knotted old shrew