Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Wolf's Application [Accepted - Jase]

-Wolf-

Villager
WolfUK
WolfUK
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
WolfUK

2. How old are you
?

3. What country are you from?
United Kingdom(Scotland)

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the use of knowledge that you have gained out of character for the benefit or use when in character.
Powergaming is forcing situations that wouldn't be possible to gain your wanted end game. (I'm always terrible at explaining this, so to better it an example of powergaming would be; a character tries to punch you from a couple feet away and you have your back turned, it would be powergaming for you to immediately turn to them and catch the punch they threw due to you not knowing that they are actually throwing a punch.)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Shao

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am Scottish, which sums up about 50% of my attitude towards things such as football/soccer, tennis, rugby. To sum myself up I'd say I'm athletic and quirky, quirky as in an interesting way. My hobbies entail; Volleyball (relatively have started wanting to play and my drive to play literally stemmed from watching/reading Haikyu!), from that you can tell I'm quite the avid anime/manga fan personal favourite items include Attack on Titan, Haikyu!, Vinland Saga. I am currently studying Software Development and Im in the waiting process to see if my University application for it will be accepted. Another hobby of mine is programming (sounds boring to be frank, but I get to create games from scratch and useful applications.) My favourite music to listen to is J-Rock, more specifically a band called Spyair, and a mix of Asian Kung-Fu Generation, NICO Touches The Wall, Linked Horizon and Burnout Syndromes.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I used to write a webnovel that lasted 5 chapters over a period of a couple months, so shrug here it is if you really want to read me writing a pretty bad story that I had no passion in writing.
https://www.webnovel.com/book/13133998505806705

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Found it whilst searching Google for medieval roleplay servers.

About Your Character!

Character Name
:
Erik

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human - Northern Sangrian

Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
Hair Colour; Light Brown
Eye Colour; Green
Skin Colour; White
Slight Stubble that's not really see able.

Clothing:
Fur Coat - Khaki Colour
Woollen shirt - Greyish Black Colour
Woollen trousers - Greyish Black, coat overhangs slightly onto the thighs.
Fur Boots - Khaki Colour

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Erik was brought into this world in a small fisherman's hut just outside of Oren, his mother and father both worked hard to get enough fish to supply as food and also to trade to merchants for supplies such as timber and firewood. Due to the cold climate around them the odd snowstorm would pass through leaving the house encased in a foot of snow. His father and mother were quite poor and relied heavily on how much they caught to actually survive the winter. Erik grew up learning his parents trade of fishing, taking part in some of the small trips that his parents went out on into Oren to trade with the locals. For all the hard work he put in when he was younger, Erik never saw his older self as a person that would be settled in one spot, his brain turned to the lust of exploration. During his free time he would pretend to be a warrior, swinging a wooden stick he found nestled in the snow drift just outside his house. His mind was set to become something more, he didn't want to fish in a small hut that would be near deadly during the winter due to the cold. He dreamt of a large hall, with enough food to fatten himself to no end, he dreamt of a life of glory and fame.

The winters were rough for a couple years, his family was barely scraping by on food and timber. One day his mother and father became sick, they went pale and cold to a touch a few weeks later, the sickness ate up at his father who died just before his mother recovered from what she was suffering from. Erik mourned his father for a week after burying his body next to each other in a shallow grave dug through the frozen dirt. His hands ached for days his brain tired, his heart slowed. Erik thought of everything he had been through and tried to snap himself out to no avail. Then one day whilst out fishing, he looked at the water, at his own reflection, and reminded himself of his dreams that he had growing up, the want to be famous surged through his body, through his blood, his mind affixed to becoming famous. So from age 16 till 19 he worked his hardest to stay alive and not fall before he accomplished his life goals. He looked back to his mother who watched as he went to seek meaning to his life.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey friend,
Thanks for your application to Hollowworld! Unfortunately, there are a few things which I hope that you can fix in your application-
  • Your character appears to be an orphan. While this is not entirely a bad thing, this is a trope that we try to avoid here on Hollowworld. Please change the backstory to reflect this.
When you have made the appropriate changes let me know by replying to this thread!

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Thanks friend :)

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!
Server IP!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or another mentor.