Vyre FAQ

Jase

More work?
Mentor
Whitespoor
Whitespoor
Granted the Sisterhood revive thoses vyres staked and especially those who were willingly staked/did it themselves.

Will this new addition of a "cure" by ignis (Sunblessed), remove the notion from the sisterhood and no longer revive vyres that willingly staked themselves. Provided they'd be aware of the newer option?

As suicide is frowned upon.
Honestly staking yourself sounds like it should be a pretty difficult process, and I've not seen it come up all too regularly. But no, this does not have a change on the current lore of revivals.
I think he means - asking someone else to stake you. Its kind of like assisted suicide for characters.

Fronslin

Lord of Altera
Good
Crafter
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Is it possible to spider walk on ice? Any elevation, angle or otherwise? Even with say, Spiked climbing boots?

Bartooliinii

Evil Event Organisor
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
How is a sunblessed vyre still a vyre if it doesn't drink blood and is revolted by darkness/can walk in daylight? Aren't that the traits that make a vyre a vyre?

1. Vyres got to drink blood, sunblessed don't
  2. vyres got sharp teeth, sunblessed don't
  3. vyres can't be in daylight/get sick, sunblessed can and don't
  4. sunblessed are removed from the bloodline family-tree at becoming sunblessed, and thus are no longer a vyre
why are they still vyres?

Magic Intern

Storm's Landing Wanderer
How is a sunblessed vyre still a vyre if it doesn't drink blood and is revolted by darkness/can walk in daylight? Aren't that the traits that make a vyre a vyre?

1. Vyres got to drink blood, sunblessed don't
  2. vyres got sharp teeth, sunblessed don't
  3. vyres can't be in daylight/get sick, sunblessed can and don't
  4. sunblessed are removed from the bloodline family-tree at becoming sunblessed, and thus are no longer a vyre
why are they still vyres?
presumably because they aren't normal humans either

Bartooliinii

Evil Event Organisor
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
presumably because they aren't normal humans either
Doesn't the Ignis cure make them a level beyond vyre? Like, if vyrism is a perversion of the humanoid, then the sunblessed is a correction of that in line of thought of Ignis? It doesn't make sense to me for Ignis, who is the mortal enemy of those who created vyrism to have Ignis' own people who get cured still be called a vyre.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Doesn't the Ignis cure make them a level beyond vyre? Like, if vyrism is a perversion of the humanoid, then the sunblessed is a correction of that in line of thought of Ignis? It doesn't make sense to me for Ignis, who is the mortal enemy of those who created vyrism to have Ignis' own people who get cured still be called a vyre.
They're 'Sunblessed', a take on fixing the Vyre curse without requiring death to proceed. I am not sure if you have a question here, or if you simply don't agree with them?

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Staff member
This is more an issue of categorization than anything else. Categorize however you want IC, it's entirely sensible to treat them as being entirely distinct from vyres on a characters interacting with other characters basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartooliinii

Evil Event Organisor
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
They're 'Sunblessed', a take on fixing the Vyre curse without requiring death to proceed. I am not sure if you have a question here, or if you simply don't agree with them?
This is more an issue of categorization than anything else. Categorize however you want IC, it's entirely sensible to treat them as being entirely distinct from vyres on a characters interacting with other characters basis.
This is me not understanding why they're called vyres. That's the question I'm asking. Why are these sunblessed vyres called vyres when nothing about them consists of vyrism traits?

Elz

hmm
Staff member
I do not know why it is a problem. An individual can be turned into a Vyre, and from there they can die and effectively be reborn through the Sisterhood to remove it, or they can stay alive but change into Sunblessed. Sunblessed are changed Vyres, brought directly under the influence of Ignis. They are not the traditional Vyres but a counter and contrast to the originals.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Staff member
This is me not understanding why they're called vyres. That's the question I'm asking. Why are these sunblessed vyres called vyres when nothing about them consists of vyrism traits?
Because categorizing them as "a variant of vyre" as opposed to "completely purified angels of the light" makes the whole situation more ambiguous, which is the intention, when it's meant to be morally ambiguous. They aren't a new class of entity, they are a variant of what they once were, but changed.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

Evil Event Organisor
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
Because categorizing them as "a variant of vyre" as opposed to "completely purified angels of the light" makes the whole situation more ambiguous, which is the intention, when it's meant to be morally ambiguous. They aren't a new class of entity, they are a variant of what they once were, but changed.
Aha, that explains my confusion! Now I understand, cheers!

Morbid

Legend of Altera
Patron
ThatMorbidBanter
ThatMorbidBanter
Patron
Do Sunblessed Vyres lose all of their Vyre traits, such as their enhanced strength, speed, and senses, or do they retain some of those qualities post-blessing? What about their bloodline traits, or spider-walking?

Kostadim

Loyal Servant of Altera
Do Sunblessed Vyres lose all of their Vyre traits, such as their enhanced strength, speed, and senses, or do they retain some of those qualities post-blessing? What about their bloodline traits, or spider-walking?
Pretty sure the traits get replaced with Sunblessed traits, teeth get dulled, eyes turn orange, etc

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Sunblessed and Vyres have their own pages, and those traits on said pages are what they have. There is no cross over.