Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Valiant] Uriel Valhart

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend

=======================================
D I V I N E - P R O F I L E
Minecraft name: BoredBritishGuy
Character name: Uriel Valhart
Character profile: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/uriel.44911/
Patron: Valiant
Overall Tier: Tier 5

Do you vow to pledge yourself to my cause, from your next breath to your last?

Spell Points: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
Shield Charges: [] [] []

Artifacts and Trinkets:
Name: Shield of Valor
Physical Description: A shield that can shift in shape at will from a tower shield, to a kite shield, or a buckler shield-
Whatever form it takes, they are always a dark blue steel with a red gleam, and take significant effort to break.
Ability: Once a day Uriel can use the shield to focus the anger of anyone within his vision upon himself instead up
to a total of three people. This can occur all at once or throughout the day, and those he tries to lure must beat a DC
of 12 to resist it. (That is 12 or above to resist.) It lasts until the individual has calmed.
-Kept on his person at all times.-

Passives(s) or Sustained Effects:
- Court of Conflict Cult Passive
[Curse of the Blasphemouse]
You are cursed with an obsession over an object, person or place- that is not currently yours- that roots within your core. It consumes your thoughts, your sleep and your waking hours. The curse won't lift until you either have claimed it as yours or have destroyed it completely through any means necessary. The topic is unrelated towards Dranoden and his claimed lands.
=
======================================

Then accept my gifts unto you and use it well in my name. Remain vigilant.

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend

D I V I N E - S P E L L S
[Curse of the Blasphemouse]
You are cursed with an obsession over an object, person or place- that is not currently yours- that roots within your core. It consumes your thoughts, your sleep and your waking hours. The curse won't lift until you either have claimed it as yours or have destroyed it completely through any means necessary. The topic is unrelated towards Dranoden and his claimed lands.

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
D I V I N E - L O G

-=-
Current Divine Status:
-Meditating upon the Aegis isle.
-=-

Infancy | Before RP began
Since he was old enough to hear and understand stories, Uriel has wanted to be a Knight. His mother educated him in the ideals of Rahas and his doctrines whilst paying respect to the other Gods. When Rahas fell, his mother continued to teach Uriel of Rahas but taught simply adopted the new doctrine into her teachings to her son. Uriel idolised this Godly Knight and often fantasized that his father died because Rahas needed more Knights in his Holy Army. Throughout the Ashen plague, Uriel and his mother prayed to Sallana and 'Rahas' in desparate hopes to be spared from the illness.

You want to be a Hero | 28/02/19
When Uriel reached the age of Twelve, he began to stray further and further from home. He became known around the Landing Slums and Docks as a helping hand and a kind lad, willing to help anyone with anything. It was there he met Raalvara Varyn and told her of his dream to become a Knight. When asked why Uriel told her of the ideals of a true Knight. Raalvara corrected him. He did not want to be a Knight, he wanted to be a Hero. Thus began his devotions to the Fearless Shield. It was at this time that Uriel fought in Cloud's brawling pit fights. With Raalvara's guidance and prayer to Valiant, he fought well but ultimately lost to the professional Dwarf fighter.

You won't die here | Date forgotten.
Following Raalvara and Podric to the site of a Heavenstone's impact, Uriel was once more met with death. He helped Podric respectfully burn the dead when the duo were stalked and ambushed by a mutated, oversized, wendigo. Uriel stood fast and fought with fierce fury. It was through his efforts that Gerry McIvy was able to bring the killing blow to the beast.

Dedication of a Shrine | 10/03/19
As an Acolyte of Raalvara's Uriel attended her ceremony in which Valiant branded her great Shrine with his sigil. Uriel prayed deeply to his patron at this event and found himself feeling closer than ever to his God.

The Shards of the Gods | 24/03/19
Uriel delved deep below Nid Arach with a party of adventurers. With the intent of ridding evil, Uriel stood vigilant over an odd artifact that was found. Only when he left was it tampered with. He sought the guidance of Valiant throughout, to combat the madness of Jishrim.

Mace, Revealed | 06/04/19
Uriel theorised the source of Mace's power and took to the Storm's Landing Cathedral for guidance. He stood vigilant over the Visage Shrine with a Greatsword, borrowed from Valiant's shrine, in hand. Throughout his vigil he prayed for Valiant to grant power and guidance to Raalvara so she may overcome the terror.

The Mad One's Gift | 23/04/19
The Dark Order entered Uriel's life once more in a vile way. A gory, gruesome, construct was built atop the Storm's Landing tavern. The young lad fought back bile and vomit as his devotion to restoring Good and safety to the Landing drove him to destroy the beast. It was packaged up and delivered to the Jishrim shrine in the Cathedral. He prayed to Valiant in devotion and to ask for guidance in his actions against the Dark Order.

Weapons Please? | Ongoing
Sick of the constant rulebreaking within Storm's Landing, Uriel has taken a stand. He has decided that once he is of age he will join the Storm's Guard. Until then, he has begun vigourously enforcing the rules of the Storm's Landing Tavern. Weaponry has been directed toward Jack for safekeeping, to varied responses and pets have been directed outside. So far, most seem willing to comply to Uriel's efforts of keeping the law.

For Sigmar | Ongoing
After hearing of Sigmar's capture, Uriel was overcome with righteous fury. As a joint effort with Pod, plans are being made to destroy the fortress of Nid Arach leaving behind a smouldering ruin as a warning to all who would embrace the forces of Evil and strike against Valiant's own. Justice must be served.

Matching Swords | 09/05/19
In thanks for all that she has done and in honour of Her mentoring him, Uriel commissions four blades from Podric Flanders. Two greatswords and two longswords are made. They are made of Flander priest's typical steel with a layer of deep red enamel adhered to the fuller of each blade. Etched into the blood red fuller trench is the name "VALIANT" in stark white enamel.
Valiant's Holy Symbol was carefully stamped into the pommel of each blade and further enameled with red, blue and white colouring. The Fearless God's tenets were hand-etched into the leather handwraps of each blade so as to always keep his close. Both Raalvara and Uriel have taken their respective blades to wield in the name of their Valiant father.

The Mad One's Gift [Reprisal] | 09/05/19
In the midst of his hatred for the Dark Order, Uriel hears rumours of further constructs plaguing the Kingdoms. He travels to Astrakhan and rids them of their monstrous construct at Theodosius' behest. The remains are once more delivered to the Shrine of Jishrim in Storm's Landing. Uriel offers prayer to God in thanks for granting him the strength to do Good in the eyes of the realm.

The Mad One's Gift II | 09/05/19
A new notice is released to the people of the Eastern Kingdoms. Uriel finds this flyer and vows to find the hidden 'Beast' that its author boasts of. He and Podric Flanders search Thorne and Storm's Landing to no avail, but the Lad refuses to give up. He intends to search further locales with renewed vigor, in the name of Valiant, in the name of the unending endeavour.

Should've gone for the head | 15/05/19
Uriel fought in the tournament of mages. In the name of Honour and of Valiant he fought even in the face of dishonourable action. He gathered a near fatal blow but survived.

That's got to sting | 15/05/19
Whilst assisting on an expedition and representig the Valiant order an expedition for 'The Emperor's Game' Uriel is struck in the chest whilst bravely protecting a member of the party from a Kaiser Scorpion with his shield. He wrestles with death and manages to survive to continue his service to the fearless shield.

Prayer 8 | 21/05/19
A prayer to Valiant as Uriel ponders his place within the ministry and his place in the world.
Valiant Father, may your shield always defend us. Guide me to be strong, to be wise and to be just. Help me act as one worthy of the title of Acolyte. Guide me away from the pride and vanity that plagues those granted titles.
Grant me the willpower and fearlessness to become a Knight of Your order. Witness me as I defend my fellow man in battle and in deed. I hope to be their shield as you are the shield to our world.
Help me see what is right and to act in its favour. Sway me from the sin of inaction.
I ask this as your loyal servant, father.

Titles are hard |14(15)/5/19
Uriel is granted three honourary titles within the Fuvurian empire.
-Softskull
-Shield of Bravery
-the Brave

Ain't no mountain high enough | Ongoing
Uriel, during his many stays within blackrush over the years, has began to cut a path up and into a nearby mountain. Each time he makes the journey the ground is tamed some more and the road to God becomes clearer for him. A pilgrimage of reflection and devotion, Uriel has named his trail the "Pilgrim's Path".
More recently, Uriel has enlisted the help of charitable villagers to assist in erecting shrines and statuettes along the path so that Valiant may be recognised. Whilet the way is not yet finished and the dreams of a temple are still within the young lad's wildest dreams, the effort and endeavour has been cemented upon this mountain.
Let Valiant hear the people's prayer from those heights and be pleased, for his is the shield that defends them.

The shield that guards the world of men | 29/5/19
Uriel fights to defend the Ignite ringshrine from the Undead horde of Skraag. He held the Western gate against three waves before being unable to fight anymore and yet still he clambered to try and defend his companions of War. Yet, in his efforts he received more near mortal wounds.
In an attempt to atone for falling before the battle ended; the lad offers his shield, broken and cracked from his prior fight with the Kaiser Scorpion and further destroyed by the undead, to Valiant.
It is left within the cave atop the Pilgrim's Path by Uriel's mother whilst the boy himself rests, to await the day he regains his strength to fight once more.

Nothing short of bombardment is taking this down | 09(10)/06/19
To further explore the domains of Valiant, Uriel undertakes tutoring in the world of Warfare and Defense.
Podric begins to teach him the ins and outs of repelling and exacting a siege. It is in these lessons that Uriel is taught the basics of fortification and the purposes behind the different elements of castles. In this time, the duo begin the design stages on a castle keep that could suit universal defensive needs. They decide to share the plans equally, with fair use granted to each of them.
Further work on the Pilgrim's path is completed. Uriel and the townsmen begin the final stretch of the prospective shrine of Valiant.

I have much to learn, even now. | 11/06/19
Uriel recieves direct tutelage from Raalvara to remind them why they praise Valiant. He is introduced to the Artifact. All in all, it leads him to pray to Valiant for the wisdom and understanding that comes with following Him.

Its the only way | 15/06/19
Uriel attends the finale of Starfall. He and Lisbet prepare a final stand that they expect to end in their deaths. Unbeknownst to Uriel, Valiant recognises his effort and his praise. The youth then continues to fight against the elemental giving it his all. He almost falls in his attempts at defeating the great entity, but lives (albeit lives weaker) to fight another day.

A search for Knowledge | 19/06/19
Uriel meets Lazarus. The latter calls for his aid on finding the precise relations between each of the Divine. Uriel respectfully refuses so as to not test the gods, believing that the time and efforts of a God is better spent elsewhere. There was some cool imagery about knights and stuff from Uriel.

Is this Justice? | 20/06/19
Uriel attempts to bring Lisbet in for trial in regards to collusion with Mace. She reacts violently and is aptly subdued. During transit to Halved docks they are halted and brought before Cymic. It is deemed out of Uriel's jurisdiction. He willingly hands Lisbet over. Upon surrendering himself to sangrian justice he is promptly told to leave.

The Joust | 20/06/19
Uriel competes in a Sangrian joust. After a short pracer promising redemption and effort to do better, Uriel loses the first tilt. Moments later, a man dies two lanes down. Uriel assists with the body by taking it to the Cathedral in Halved. When Venture does not show up, but continues to joust.. he decides to take on the responsibilty of dealing with the body himself.

The Sword from the Stone | 21/06/19
Uriel attends James' reinvigoration attempt and sees Shalherana's efforts to heal the land. He is briefly tripped up whilst Shalherana's effects take place but ultimately retrieves the hilt of his sword, thought lost during the battle with the elemental. It is taken to Pod to be attached to a new blade.

Service before the Service | 22/06/19
Uriel arrives at the Cathedral well ahead of time to help prepare. He sets about sweeping and dusting the foyer and the good shrines with a mind to do the rest post sermon. All the while he takes to meditative prayer in an effort to center himself once again.

Match after the Mass | 22/06/19
Uriel attends the sermon of Eimar. At first he listens intently but soon begins to hear misteachings. Chalking it up to little more than naive ignorance Uriel stands by. Ultimately, when asked to knee by the self proclaimed Priest he refused. Instead he looked to the shrine and awaited the sermon's end.
A spar, friendly and honourable in nature, played out between the duo. Uriel emerged as victor and took Eimar to pray and dwell on the fight. A shield was given away so that Eimar may learn to defend himself and those around him to the best of his capabilities.
A private prayer was spoken to Valiant offering thanks for his aid and promising further service.

Hold the line | 23/06/19
Uriel attends the Lost Frontier beside Podric. There they face a more organised brand of undead. They fight mercilessly. Uriel holds the fort's West gate until the time came to break the Skraagite shield wall. Together with Pod; he charged. The wall broke and the fort was deemed successful in its efforts. Needless to say, prayers and war cries to honour the Valiant father were aplenty.
I forgot, Uriel was also responsible for the addition of the eastern palisade and certain tower defenses. He had Pod raise them after their exploitation during the last incursion.

Ambush | 25/06/19
Whilst accompanying Joseph, Podric and Julianne on a hike to Stormhall the group were set upon by a ragtag group of highwaymen. Joseph and Podric were swiftly incapacitated leaving the Acolyte and the unarmoured Sallana blessed to stave off the attack.
Taking two of the four men on, Uriel held off the worst long enough for Julianne to kill one of their number and for Podric to wake and brawl another.
Seeing the unarmoured Julianne get shot and then approached by one of the bandits, Uriel stepped up to defend her. He was successful but at the cost of many harsh strikes and a near fatal blow to his abdomen. As he fell, Uriel managed to pierce the artery in Julianne's would be assailant's armpit.
The remaing bandit was swiftly dealt with and captured for later questioning.
Prayers left his lips throughout the combat however and upon his being treated by the rest of his party a particularly heartfelt plea left the boy for Valiant to forgive his failure but also to witness his actions in God's name.

Remain Vigilant | 28/06/19
Uriel hosts a training session for all. Few come, but all are willing to learn. Under his guidance, a friendly spar begins, a novice begins to learn the ways of a crossbow and Aelyth picks up a training lance for the first time.
During their training, the cacophany of war erupts around them. Hooves charge and lances clash. Arrows seem to fly over head. Heard, but not seen. A voice calls out to Uriel from amid the clashing of steel. It asks him to swear fealty and service to Valiant forevermore. The oath is sworn and a gift is imparted.

Weregild| 30/06/19
Uriel negotiates a way to end hostilities and offer Justice to the Hakiaz clan. The result being talk of a duel to submission between Podric and Azgir.
Further conditions are to be set at a later date as first Uriel must pray and dwell on a problem brought forth by Podric.
He also manages to join the Storm's Landing guard to gain legal jurisdiction in the Landing.
Divination Question-

The Earthspawn have set forth the concept that their Murkztob may in fact be Valiant. Uriel means to ask if this is the case or whether they are heretics.
I understand there is a week before he can cast this.

Divination Answer-
"I am Valiant. They seek Clarity in Me, Teach them my Ways."

Septimus | 01/06/19
Uriel found himyself in discussion with a man from a long gone era about the nature of divinity. He is told that slaving away to earn a God's favour is a fools errand unless that God is well meaning and has the right morals. Uriel reaffirms his belief that Valiant is well meaning and does in fact care. He decides to keep quiet about what he has learned as per the man's request. Instead, he takes time to pray and ponder. A promise is made to Valiant that he shan't let it affect his faith and how he feels.
However, he does feel a need to further sway the Earthspawn to Valiant so as to do his part in keeping planar balance as the high church once did.

Evangelist | 06/07/19
Uriel meets with Kam to discuss Murkztob and Valiant. She accepts his attempts to show her the ways of Valiant and that while the two may not be the same entity, Valiant may still be the right choice. He requests the chance to host a ritual among a series of games and challenges of strength in the Earthspawn citadel, so as to call upon Valiant so He may impart his Will upon the Earthspawn directly.

Jack the Giant-Slayer
Not much to say here other than Uriel assisted in the killing of a giant. Plenty of prayer was given. He was also guided to do some much needed thinking on Valiant's tenets and how literally they are needed to be taken.

Selfless
In his first time using the spell, Uriel casts it on three people as they delve into Ayda's mind. A hellish mindscape that led to the would-be therapists taking a lot of mental damage. Meanwhil, Uriel shared their pain and guarded their bodies for as long as he could.
Ultimately, his body gave in to shock and he was forced unconscious and began fading, fast. If not for Podric's ejection from Ayda's mind and quick thinking, he'd likely be dead.
This is the story of how Uriel protected five unconscious bodies and then took half their pain purely so they could get their job done. Praise Valiant, yo.

[Sign From Valiant]
-=][=-
Uriel finds himself dreaming, he fights besides unknown, armoured men against an unknown foe, the details are foggy and unclear. But the sounds in his helmet sound so loud that he can recall them when he awakens abruptly, adrenaline coursing through him.
"The one known as Jerr'co seeks my Instruction. Guide him."

The Crusader | 11/07/19
Having attended the Rift through some morbid curiosity, Uriel found himself in a hellscape like no other. In such a dimension, without allies, it was strange for him to find what he did. A man, near death, calling out for him with his dying breaths. They spoke for some time and he passed on to Uriel his belongings and bid that the younger take him home, to be buried.
Uriel brings the man home, to the Pilgrim's Pass. His body is set before the Shrine of Valiant for six days and five nights. On the Sixth day, Uriel set the body of the Crusader into the Earth, with quiet and contemplative prayer.
Shook by his actions in the Manor of Ayda and by this insight to the life of a war-mad Crusader, Uriel seeks advice from one he knows to be in a similar position. He and Podric discuss the nature of the blessed, he is told by the Ignite that he must not allow himself to follow in Podric's footsteps. He cannot become numb to the world in sole service to Valiant. He must maintain a balance.
The words of advice ring in Uriel's mind for the whole journey home. For every nail he hammers into the shrine at the Pilgrim's Path. They are meditated upon in the erection of the final form of Valiant's shrine - the first step into the Temple proper.
[The Valiant Shrine atop the Valsaddle is complete. A barrow is being built to house Arike's remains fully. His belongings will enter the shrine, the barrow or Uriel's armoury, dependent on their use.]
---
A Greatsword made of Steel - Tourseuse | Supposedly forged from meteorite steel dating back to the Northern Kingdoms.
A modified Halberd - Render | A darkened steel polearm.
A heavy Crossbow - Legend | Modified to hold specificly heavy bolts.
A Steel Dane-Axe - Valor | A Great Dane-Axe that was supposedly crafted with the God Crusade close by.
Set of Plate Armour - Nameless | Ornate and intricate in its detailing, the armour bears strikes and signs of battle damage.
A Sanguine Cloak - Nameless | Supposedly made from drakehide with Gryphon talons for its clasps.

Guidance | 12/07/19
They met in Blackrush and set out for the Pilgrim's Path. They took each step with God in mind. When they reached the summit they prayed. Each to their same God. Uriel offered himself to continue to guide Jerrco. Jerrco offered himself to Valiant and to keep learning from Uriel. A vision was granted, from one faithful to the other. Honour above all, may they remain vigilant.

Abandonment Issues | 14/07/19
In the wake of Julianne's supposed kidnapping, Uriel hears of an argument between Ayda and Podric. Naturally, he steps into place to keep the peace and prevent a feud from splitting apart the friendships and alliances therein.
He seeks out Ayda, to calm her. Aura of Bliss is cast, as is Vision, both assist her in seeing the use of allies and the need to calm her unbridled rage and focus it toward the right target. When he left, it seemed that things were less volatile and unlikely to explode into a full blown feud. Mission accomplished.
Throughout this display of god-tier diplomacy, our boy Uriel prays to Valiant and refers to His better judgement frequently.

Remnants of Marr | 14/07/19
Upon coming across their fort in the desert, Uriel's prior hero worship of Marr began to dissolve. He found idols and riches denoting Rahas- an act that he saw as offensive to the memory of Valiant so predecessor. Then, upon finding a shrine left behind the illusion of heroism shatters completely.
'Though shall take no others in faith'
These words alone drive him to worry and to fury. He takes to prayer in anew attempt to find guidance on what to do with such an offensive depiction of Valiant's predecessor. When unanswered he finds himself striking the false tenet from the shrine by hand until it was rendered illegible.

Justice served | 22/07/19
Uriel finally brings Ardaric into compliance. The fine is paid. Praise be to the Law, Praise be to Valiant.

Tyranny of the Bishop-King | 22/07/19
Upon hearing reports of Rogerius' supposed tyrannical actions and less than appropriate behaviour toward his people, Uriel has rescinded his offers of help and resigned from the honourary position of Veraciian guard. He awaits more evidence and the will of God before acting.

We held, We hold | 04/08/19
Uriel fights alongside Podric at the Frontier Fort. Valiant grants the warriors strength and vigor at the request of the blessed who does well in fighting but ultimately contracts skraags touch and experiences the necromancers annoyance.

Divination | 06/08/19
Uriel would call upon Valiant (with the OOC recognition that an answer will come within a week, not immediately.) to ask his Patron for guidance toward his next actions.
His ritual would include making the trek up to the top of the Pilgrim's Path and entering the shrine there. He would offer up the shattered shield and scorpion stinger that almost killed him, stating that he has and will always lay down his life for Valiant and for Justice. He would then kneel before the God'o'War, sword in hand, to pray for his guidance.
Divination Answer-
-=][=-

Uriel finishes his prayer, and his request for guidance, and silence lingers for some moments afterwards. Then the stinger of the scorpion begins to smoke, and smoulder, like metal in a forge, before it shifts to melt as dark steel over the cracks and breakages of the shield beneath or beside. Once broken, the shield is now reforged, dark steel lines and painted blue with the faintest red sheen that glints in the light.
An echo around the hall, then, metallic in tone and unwavering. Clear, bold.
"Bring more into the Fold. And beware the Moon. Prepare for what comes Next."

Raise the Levies | 08/08/19
Uriel designs and begins work on the creation of a Warrior's lodge, a society for likeminded people who wish to grow in their skills at arms or simply be among veteran brethren.

The Reaching Hand [1] | 08/08/19
Uriel begins work on the newest plague. He sets about cleaning the various circles dotted around the city, whilst also raising awareness of the people toward the Moon's strange new nature.

Bring more into the fold | 10/08/19
Uriel brings four people to his cult with a fifth on the way. Each are told of Valiant's orders and promise to uphold them. They are warned of he moon and told to Remain Vigilant.

Lost | 25/08/19
"To fight the darkness, protect the realm. Defend those that cannot defend themselves and take up arms against injustice. To be stalwart in the face of my foes and valiant in the face of my allies. These are things that are expected of me, things that I have always wished to be. I wanted to be the hero of the tales, the Knight in shining armour. Yet, I am just another man with a sword, unable to stay the tides of chaos and evil that swell and ebb with each coming day.
The politics of the Heavens has us mortals on the shortest end, we are the ones to fight the battles wrought between Good and Evil, Order and Chaos. We are the ones to feel the stings of loss when we lose.. I feel like the enemy is no longer so easy to see, no longer so easy to take up my sword against. I cannot deliver unto them the Justice for my mother's death, or the deaths of all they have caused. Nor can you, for the balance of the realms are at stake. Does this mean the likes of Jishrim, Skraag and Visage are destined to be free from consequence, forever?
What can one man do, short of the highest heresy, to bring justice to a God?
I am lost, Father, I do not know what I am to do. Help us.. Help me."

[Sign from Valiant]
-=][=-
Uriel would feel a sudden uplifting swell in his chest, and a vision flashes before him of an endless battlefield, and the face of a long-dead but valiant warrior raising up their battle standard (which depicts a blue shield with a sword upon it), and when he makes eye contact with the standard bearer he is suddenly transported back into reality while a booming, supportive, commanding voice cuts through the clanging and clamor of the swords of his thoughts.
"Uriel! If you cannot tell innocent from monster, then slay neither, and protect all so long as they are of the same spirit as you, son of battle! The world may be dark, but the light of you and yours shine within it, and I forgive your wavering faith." The voice then grows quieter, and there is another flash of - this time - a drinking hall and he feels someone slap him on the back in a fatherly manner before the voice changes into a comforting tenor. "Remember that loyalty and bravery are one in the same. As long as you are loyal to me and to honor, you will always be brave, even if you're afraid."

[TIER TWO]
-=][=-
At some point, Uriel finds himself walking towards the slums, either to ensure things are well or with the intention of passing through and out of Storm's Landing. As he passes through the gate to lead him there, however, the skies seem to dark into a murky red hue, and the houses that one lay before him warped into a sort of landscape with rocky outcroppings and valleys, smoke from chimneys now smoke from pits of fire or pyres instead.
He is hit with a wave of adrenaline, the urge to rush to action, and as he moves forward he finds moving shapes in this place and the clashing of metal upon sword or shield. Before him, two figures, one an armoured man and the other an almost inhuman form, black and corrupt and oozing. Both have their own weapons, but the armoured man falls before long, and the light blue shape of a woman he was protecting falls into the view of his attacker. Uriel moves forward, instinctively, and using his shield to protect the woman there he can feel the strength of the blow through his body as his shield is splintered beyond repair. He fights with all he has, and the woman is given chance to flee to safety. He cuts down the shadowy figure before him after a battle that lasts both hours and yet minutes, time hard to perceive in this place.
And when he turns, the armoured figure stands before him, perhaps different, but perhaps the same, and he realises now that it is at least twice his height and power surges from it in waves. It shoves it's own shield to Uriel's chest, and the metallic words ring forth from the helm.
"Take my Shield, son of battle, if you will vow to continue the fight against the Dark. Alongside me and mine, swear it, and go forth."

An Update for Dad | 11/09/2019
Uriel has been promoted to Captain of the Storm's Guard Constabulary. He has helped Podric rewrite some of the city laws, before the Baron's disappearance. He has been a bulwark of iron justice, keeping the laws of the Landing whenever necessary. See: The People vs Karn. Uriel has also began to investigate the ideology that the spirit of law outweighs the letter of law. This has begun to change his actions and outlook on some behaviours. In general, he is continuing at a swell pace guys.

For Honour | 12/09/19
In an attempt to uphold the law, Uriel initiated an altercation with Cymic in which many Valiant spells were utilised. With the bar brawl being against the tavern rules, but also in defense of the Honour of Uriel's late mother, Uriel is unsure if he was justified in his actions. Despite such, he apprehended and exiled another who was a chaotic menace to the Tavern.
Relations with the Pirate-King may have broken down, but Uriel feels he is making progress in finding life outside of his duty. Which again, he is unsure of whether it is the right thing. All in all, fun day. Got to use his artifact, spells and remain alive. I see that as an absolute win.

I do not yield | 12/09/19
In a duel to protect his honour after being accused of being corrupt, Uriel takes on Cymic Seymour in what was likely the most dramatic and longest blessed vs blessed fight yet. Spells were utilised and no quarter was spared. Neither yielded, with the fight ending due to an intervention on the part of Jaden Seeker. Despite this, Uriel was left near death and unwilling to surrender.
Whether he recovers well, and what he learns from the duel is yet to be said.

Update | 30/09/19
Uriel steps out of the limelight in Storm's Landing so that he may prepare himself. Water is stockpiled and purified en masse. Armour is polished and weapons sharpened.
Divination Ritual-
Uriel sets aside the Greatsword that he had commissioned from Pod many years ago. Before the Altar atop the Pilgrim's Path, the blade is sharpened and cared for with various oils.

"Father, I offer this blade to you. Hear my prayers and know my devotion to you. Threats have risen against the realm. I am sure that you are aware and have begun preparations to defend us. I ask what you would have me do, how I should ready myself and the realm. What guidance can be offered in the face of this Archon?"
Divination Answer-
The sword shifts, sharpens more than he alone could manage it, and takes on a red sheen, the blade darkening slightly. The blade will never dull, no matter who's hands it is in.

"Keep thy sword, and if you so wish, give it to another to better defend with. Times are Uncertain here, my son of battle, and I do not yet know the extent of the enemy we all face. Unite the people of the realm and be the first line of defence against this new menace."

Gifts in hope of Unity | 03/10/19
Uriel sends the gifts that were once bestowed upon him by Valiant, to others, so they may bear his mark and defend the realm. The Greatsword is sent to Elizabeth Kane, so she may grant it to whomever she feels is best equipped to use it against Archon. His old shield, once repaired by Valiant and bearing the red sheen, is granted to Kam Hakiaz so it may be given to her son Jerr'co or whomever she feels best deserves this relic of God.
With these gifts, Uriel sends praise to Valiant and word of the God's guidance for Unity in this time of dire need. Each letter is sent forth with a closing statement, straight from Valiant's own holy words.
Remain Vigilant.

Valiant Testimony | 08/10/19
Uriel delivers an encouraging sermon to the people of the Landing. It is placed upon posters and delivered across the continent upon the event's ending. He discusses with Podric, Jaden and Sigmund the various aspects of the campaign so far. Sigmund believes that they require more weapons, to which Uriel says that to ask more of the gods would be improper and seem demanding.
He provides Holy Water to Podric and Sigmund so that they may attempt to visit smiths and test its use as a quenching agent.

Unity threatened | 08/10/19
During the conversations after Uriel's sermon, Podric, Jaden and Uriel discuss the dead at the Hamlet nearby Mockingbay. Pod reveals to Uriel that he believes Whitespoor to be responsible, but at the urging of Jaden and Uriel agrees to maintain the unity of their temporary alliance until the threat is ended or concrete proof is found.
This situation is then mirrored once more by Jaden's own suspicions, this time toward a member of the Divine. Jaden discusses the possibility that The Grey Lady may carry more fault than previously thought, given that neither Valiant nor Ignis had any idea who the enemy is. Jaden is urged by Uriel and Podric to take no action until the threat is defeated. The priority is to maintain loyal to one's friends in times of war. Uriel reminds Jaden that the Pantheon are not the enemy in this battle and that if the Grey Lady had imprisoned this Archon secretly, then she most surely had a reason to do so. He reaffirms that even if the Grey Lady is responsible, he would lay down his life to defend Her and the Pantheon from Archon's revenge.

Sacrifice | 15/10/19
Uriel sets sail with the Queensport crew to see what answers lie South. The journey South was met with troubles, in the form of a leakage spoiling supplies and then a botched plot to sacrifice a goat to a dark God. Uriel and others refused to allow or partake in an act. Uriel washed his hands of the situation, handing the key over to the first-mate and stepping aside, only for mutiny to ensue.
He defended the ship when the away-party took to the ice, but ultimately achieved little of note as of yet.
Prayer has been given throughout the journey, as Uriel seeks to deepen his bond with Valiant. Nights would be spent in meditation in his hammock, hand clasped around his holy symbol or hugging his shield.

[Sign from Valiant]
-=][=-
Uriel is plagued with nightmares of handing over a key for the next few nights. It warps from handing over a key to him turning his back on a chaotic scene that he can never see, only hear the cries and clash of mutiny instead. His back, forever turned, until the nightmares stop some nights later and he is unchanged.

Court of Conflict | 17/10/19
Uriel finishes decorating a cave within the Valsaddle to honour Valiant's Court of Conflict. The five spirits of war are each given their own statue, with Kilrox being chained to the wall.
He brought Vulrye here, so as to teach her of Valiant's origins. He offered her the story that the wider world believes and the story that he personally believes, with her taking a preference to the latter. He introduced her to the five spirits of war; korigon of valor, skeira of duty, kilrox of carnage, crusade of determination and rahas of leadership. He encouraged her to follow the examples of Skeira, Korigon, Crusade and Rahas but warned her of the dangers that Kilrox represents - of the carnal rage within each warrior and how they must keep it under control and in check so that they may live Valiant lives. He has high hopes for this acolyte.

Guide Him | 17/10/19
Uriel brought Jerr'co to the Cave. He taught him of the Court of Conflict and of their significance to Valiant. He encouraged Jerr'co's journey of faith and bade him lead a sermon in Valiant's name to further spread word of Valiant across the land.
Jerr'co informed Uriel of Valiant's disappointment in actions that took place in Nid Arach, which Uriel responded by encouraging Jerr'co to remain true to God and to not allow such to damage his faith. He hopes and prays for Jerr'co to join him as a member of Valiant's blessed, as he does for Vulrye.

Preaching | 17/10/19
Uriel has spent the day preaching his little socks off. First was Jerr'co, and then came Kitrana. Uriel and Kitrana put their differences aside and discussed the future of Kitrana's faith openly. He convinced her that Valiant, while he may be disappointed, still cared for her regardless of her arcane profession. He convinced her to join the Sons of Valor and stick to Valiant's tenets as best she can.
Uriel then went on to talk with Sigmar. Sigmar has lost faith in Valiant and the Gods and has asked that Uriel help him find a path to tread. With the possibility of Sigmar heading down an Arcane route, Uriel has decided that he will instead turn to Valiant to convince Sigmar that he is present and that he cares for the boy.
Divination Ritual-

"Father, your son; Sigmar, has lost his way. He wants to believe in you and to follow you, but feels that you are absent. I beg of you, forgive his lapse in faith and reveal yourself to him as you do to me. Show him your love and let him know that you are there for him. He is a good lad, has held you in his heart for as long as I can remember. He has great potential to be the best of us all."
Uriel prays this before the shrine atop the Valsaddle, kneeling before the altar with his hands held up in reverence to the Father.
Divination Answer-

Comes whispering on the wind, "My son, you are my representative on this world. I entrust in you the duty of showing him the light, and mayhaps one day if he has the faith to reach out to me personally is when I shall look way from my godly pursuits to grant him the visions I bestow unto you."

Schism | 17/11/19
Uriel would set aside a time in the Cathedral of Storm's Landing for prayer. In his forlorn, injured state, he sets about his usual ritual of tidying and cleaning the shrine of Valiant. First, he dusts the entire room. Then, he makes to wipe any surfaces and splash holy water about his person. He sets the Shield of Valor before himself, his arming sword beside that, and kneels before the shrine of God.
Divination Ritual-

"In your name, I stood strong and I stood firm. I acted as a defensive bastion, that the Dwarf; Thordil, could deliver his blows onto the Archon. I refused to let him fight alone. However, now comes the time where I must know whether I was acting in accordance to your will by striking Archon.
I do not wish to be the one to fight for the sake of fighting. I do not wish to allow myself to fall to base desires as Kilrox does. I wish to embody the spirit of Korigon and Rahas, of justice and true leadership. I must know whether The Grey Lady's actions were unjust, and if that is the case, are we to side with her now to only seek justice for her crimes when the war is done?
I am yours to command, father. I remain vigilant and my shield is yours."

Divination Answer-
Uriel is aware of the presence of many things at once.
Strangely, Uriel does not feel initially the brave bolstering of his will typical of Valiant. He feels a bloody, malicious rage, and the image of a down-turned sword flashes in his eyes.
"Coward! Kill him! Kill! Blood for the blood god!"
Then there is an abrupt silence. A female voice speaks instead. There is calm, instead of violent rage.
"We are busy here, Uriel. I speak on behalf of Valiant, and Valiant wishes for you to convene with all of his mortal ken you can find, and have a great discourse on the matter. Is Archon an aberration, or is Archon a true savior?"

Discourse | 19/11/19
Uriel gathers to meet with the faithful. First with Raalvara, his mother and tutor. Then with the Sons of Valor. The general consensus is that Archon is not evil and that he has been wronged by the Grey Lady. The division among the faithful comes as to whether this current state of the world is right and that they are willing to side with him if he means to provide a world that allows growth and new life to continue as it once did.
Uriel's belief is that he must defend Archon against further wrongdoing from The Grey Lady but that once this schism is mended, Archon must also face justice for the wrongs he has done to meet these ends. A good act does not wash out the bad. While the good can be praised, the bad must be punished.
Raalvara is the only one to have a solid stance on defending the Archon as of right now.
One belief that all of the faithful share is that Strange and Know must be defeated so that Archon is free to enact his goodwill without their evil tamperings.
Divination Ritual-

"Father, I have heard your call for your people to choose their path. I have gathered your Sons and your Daughters, we have discussed the Archon. He is not an aberration, but a misguided and naive saviour who is under the influence of darker deities and figments. I would ask that you help him seek justice and guide him from their deceptions. He means well, in spite of his suffering. I will remain vigilant in your stead, I will defend him in this upcoming schism."
Divination Answer-
The familiar voice of Valiant. "If the majority of them say Archon is a poor naive savior, then protect Archon. If they say he's an aberration, the war council decides on aberration."

A Mother's Son | 22/11/19
Uriel recruits Raalvara into the Sons of Valor. They discuss their theology before the hearth and discuss Archon.

Fortify that Position - Part 1- | 26/11/19
Uriel and the Sons of Valor begin work on the fortifying of the mountain behind Archon's tear. Uriel spends his time in the dark, in the rain, working through to dig the trench in which palisades are to be placed. Throughout his work, he considers the assault that is coming and the part he will play in Valiant's name. He prays to Valiant, hoping to make his father proud with the work he does in their name and in the example he and his Sons of Valor lead.

Fortify that Position - Part 2- | 26/11/19
The first palisade wall is completed. Uriel and Kopii discuss faith. Uriel takes a moment to truly consider his reasoning for faith in Valiant. He is content with the answer he finds and is asked an interesting question by Kopii.
Divination Ritual-

"Father, I understand the war we have found ourselves in keeps you busy. I find myself wanting to ask of you a favour- but knowing that I am unworthy to do so. Instead, I will ask that you grant me a task to do so that I may earn some manner of defense against Strange's magic.
I.. was also asked two questions of which I am sure you'll be less inclined to answer- due to their less than important nature. However, I shall ask regardless. What are the hobbies of a God such as yourself, how is it exactly that you spend your time? And.. Which colour is preferred, red or blue?"

Divination Answer-
-=][=-

"My holy colours. And I have no defence for you, but know you must protect items or persons of great power for Strange seeks it. Protecting Know was a great act, for if the Dread Fog took the power then he would be far more of an opponent to Archon when he makes his move for the Titan."

Book of Vigilance | 29/11/19
Inspired by the works of Podric and the fact that he is being looked on as a teacher by more than he had originally expected, Uriel has begun to set his beliefs and teachings to the page. He sets quill to page and lets his soul guide what he writes. He expects it to be his life's work, so it is best he starts it sooner than later.

Resignation | 29/11/19
Uriel has resigned from his position in the Storm's Landing Guard. He has left a note declaring that he may return when the times do not require him to hold the Sons of Valor and his work for Valiant as precedent.
Beyond this, the increasing amount of Vyres and anarchistic behaviours in the Landing have led to Uriel losing heart in the City itself, and this has played its part in his leaving.

War Camp
Having finished the defenses and fortification of the ground before the gate, Uriel awaits and prepares for the fated day of combat. He ensures the defenses are kept well maintained and stocked with each day that passes and devotes his work entirely to Valiant as the God of Defence himself.
At some time during his tenure at the camp, Uriel recieves a call for a peaceful accord from Theodosius. He believes it to be a fruit less endeavour as neither side, Archon nor The Grey Lady would suffer the other to come out of a compromise in a fairer light. He also believes that a compromise would lessen the chance that The Grey Lady would be brought to justice for her actions and that, above all, leaves a sour taste within.
He decides however, that the sentiment behind the accord is sound. It is a war based on the want and wills of rivalling figments and not one of mortal making. While he is willing to fight a war that must be fought, he would rather make sure that mortals must be the ones fighting each other before condemning his fellow man to fall before his blade or leading his own men into possible death.
His decision, then, is to present his stance to the world at large. A bloodless compliance serves better than one won with the bodies of the fellow man. Those that fight for Archon fight for what is right and for that they are mighty. Those that serve The Grey Lady and her deception are marching to fight based on a lie. It is better to fight for a truth and a world of freedom from the tyranny of a God who would break her word and imprison her most trusted angel than to follow so blindly the path trodden.
All that said, Uriel finds himself commending the loyalty of the opposition. Even in the face of the truth and the mighty, they are willing to fight for their ideals, wrong as they may be, and that is most admirable to him.

Corruption
In the light of an outburst that rose suspicions of things not being quite right with Uriel, his fellow campers attempted to get to the root of what has changed. It is revealed through Pod's use of Elucidate that Uriel has been conversing with his blade and whatever spirit lies within. Upon being told to come to the right choice regarding its future, Uriel is left to meditate and contemplate his actions.
He decides to leave the camp and head home, to the Valsaddle. It is there that he engages in a full day and night of prayer. Secluded and giving in to the isolation and freedom, Uriel attempts to find the correct course. Torn between the pragmatic use of the weapon against Strange and the calls to destroy it from his friends, Uriel decides to put the blade away. He sets the sword in a container, filled with blessed holy water, and set beneath the Shield shrine atop the mountain. It is there, he pledges, that the sword will remain until the day comes that he is strong enough to ignore it's allure, that he may use it for good in the death of Strange.

Contract
Divination Ritual-
In the Camp beneath the great tear, Uriel is found knelt before the shrine he has raised to Valiant. He works on cleaning the great sword, praying as he goes.

"Father, I have been asked once more to contact you. I know that you are busy, I am certain of your answer. Yet, I will ask regardless, to ensure I speak true when I inform my ken of the matter. The peace talks between the Lady and Archon are tentative and there are worries that the Reapers will renege upon the first opportune moment.
It is asked whether you will step in and deliver justice if either side breaks the terms of their agreement."

Divination Answer-
]|[

"I will be there for you, my son."
+His Greatsword shifts and melts down into a smaller one, an arming sword, for better use with a shield.+

Crusade | 29/12/19
Uriel answers Raalvara's call to attack the deserters that had plagued Blackrush. Upon arriving at the camp, Uriel takes command of half of the attackers and devises a secondary charge to attack those that still stood after the first storming wave. The separation of waves is successful and the camp is left in disarray. Time is spent dispatching the rabble of Kilrox worshipers, with Uriel maintaining his cavalry position throughout.
As the fight begins to wane, Uriel gives thanks to Valor for their victory and pays respect to Skeira for the war that is won. With it all seeming to be said and done, Uriel prays to his father
"We devote this victory to you. Let us put these vile worshipers of Kilrox to the sword, that they may know what comes of those that abuse the responsibility of war. Through your image we are guided to be true examples of chivalry and heroes, they are naught more than bandits and brigands."
Mid prayer, the camp is met with a volley of fire from the sea. More Kilrox raiders appear and the slaughter continues. It is here that Uriel invokes the spirit of Crusade to keep the militia fighting against the invaders. They are victim to volley after volley as the raiders attempt to land, but the Valiant ones are victorious.

Loss | 30/12/19
Uriel takes on a fight that he couldn't win. He falls in combat with Kilrox worshipers, having survived being shot by two cannons only to drown.
Into the Cycle he goes, waiting for his chance to return and fight, as Valiant bid him the first time he fell. (thanks niko)

Doubt | 13/01/20
Divination Ritual-
Having borrowed a book from the Queensport Library on Kilrox, Uriel finds himself nestled in the North-side Cathedral ruins. He sits himself down, to read the book thoroughly- it depicting various acts of evil and war from times gone by. He then contemplates and meditates on the words within, focusing upon the traits of Kilrox that he shares- in an attempt to root out his own darkness and guide himself to a better place. During this time, he calls out to Valiant and the Court for guidance and support.
"Hear me, Father, for I am lost once more. I have stepped away from Raalvara and from Blackrush.. I have torn down your temple there, with mind to build it anew.. Yet, I feel a wrath within me that does not subside. I find myself quick to anger and even quicker to violence. Each step I take and decision I make seems concrete at the time, yet when the moment passes.. doubt seeps in. It has me wondering whether I am truly the right Son to lead your Sons of Valor- whether I am worthy enough to call myself your representor on Altera.
Ever since the war for Archon has ended, I have felt numbed. Troubles that were once huge, seem to now be minor.. Justice is harder for me to discern, when I have so long focused on matters greater than myself. I almost feel that am without purpose and it has me uneasy. I tried to busy myself with this war against the invaders, only to die.. What manner of representor of the War God can I be, if I die so easily? Doubts cloud my mind, father..
I ask that you guide me, as you have before.. That you point me toward great purpose and to your will, that I may revitalise myself and continue serving you."

Divination Answer-
-=][=-

Uriel hears the familiar metallic echo in the air and feels the stress of his heart loosen to resolve whilst it speaks.
"You are right to fear wrath, my son. The path to injustice begins at righteous belief in one's own anger. Yet your resolve mustn't falter. Find yourself at this new shrine by the sea and humble yourself in its completion. Self doubt and fear are the enemy of courage and must be overcome as any other foe. There are none to prove your own worth to but yourself. Act in strength and with honor."
The man is left alone shortly after.

Meditations | 19/02/20
Uriel publishes his musings and meditations over some of the various teachings of Valiant that he has written whilst on Aegis. He sends the written sermon to be set upon posters at each and every major city, with hopes that some may read and take his words to heart. That if even a few follow its message, the world could be a brighter and safer place.

Blight | 23/02/20
Uriel attends the Blightlands meeting held by Eimar. Peace between the two is tentatively brokered. Having offered his piece, Uriel finds himself growing irritable at the suggestions of others and finds himself having to leave to prevent his own annoyance take hold. The disregard for the other Divine and preference for the assistance of Arcane being enough to send Uriel back to Aegis and reconsider his position on this matter.

Aegis | 05/03/20
Divination Ritual-
Uriel finishes the final steps in the carving of Valiant's doctrine into the stripped wooden support posts that hold up the cavern shrine. Each letter, word and tenet is painstakingly carved to perfection. With a sigh, he steps back from his work and takes to the center of the room to kneel before the freshly painted altar. His sword and shield are laid before him, his hands splayed upon the floor as he prostrates himself before the shrine. For some time he is quiet, praising Valiant and the mighty Court of Conflict as he does each day. However, on this day, Uriel raises his voice to the heavens and lifts himself into a kneeling position, eyes and hands raised to the shrine's ceiling.

"Father, for some time I have toiled to bring this new temple to being, to tame this island and recenter myself in you. I have pondered, meditated and published your teachings so that we may all benefit from them. Yet, I find myself curious of you, Father. I am reminded of Archon and his possession of a soul, I am reminded by the various teachings I have heard that claim you lack such anima. This matter confuses me greatly, and if it were not too presumptuous, I would like to ask whether the lack of anima troubles you also as I find myself wondering whether you envy us mortals, and the Archon, for our abilities to feel and how it is that you know our feelings so well, without experiencing them yourself."
Divination Answer-
-=][=-

"I understand them more than you realise. I understand feeling, emotion, what drives you, for I am ancient and have watched, observed, and learned, as any would."

Anima | 06/03/20
Uriel begins his investigations in the mysteries of Anima, requesting the assistance of Elizabeth Kane. He wishes to find out the meaning of one's anima and what it means to possess such a thing. He means to find out why mortals, shades and elementals may bear anima but figments and gods may not. The end goal being obvious to those who look to it.
Uriel also attends the Tournament in Blackrush. He listens to the sermons and teachings of Rowley and Jorvun, deciding to reward Jorvun with a vision of a battlefield and the Court of Conflict, gathered for war behind Jorvun. He won both fights he had taken part in, with lessons being imparted where and when necessary. The most potent of such lessons would be those directed toward Sofia, student of Rowley, when she attacked him from behind.

Pox Arcana | 19/03/20
Provided the cure for Wolfgang Harrister and Wilhelm Schmidt. Is currently considering mass producing holy water for outward distribution.

Update | 21/04/20
Progress, however slow, is made upon the isle of Aegis. Uriel has invited the fellow blessed- Rowley and Jorvun- to Valiant's island that they may bond and discuss the world's state of affairs. Uriel has told them that should the day come that Aegis is completed- as per Valiant's orders- he shall join them once more against the foes of the realm.

A lesson | 22/04/20
Uriel recounts the story of the Aleksei Sorrows expedition to Jorvun and Rowley and with it he imparts his own wisdom- that which Valiant attempted to teach him after the fact. Sometimes, words are not enough. Sometimes you have to commit to the acts of justice instead of saying the words and sitting on the fence.

Hartholm Keep | 24/04/20
Divination Ritual-
As the last of the modest furnishings are set inside the great hall of the keep, great only in name that is, Uriel claps his hands in a vain attempt to ease the callouses of their ringing twinges of pain. He takes his time delving beneath the keep, to the chapel below and sits upon a pew, fresh and as of yet without stain. A smile graces his lips causing the whiskers of his mustache to lift lightly. He holds his hands out and calls to the room and the one that he hopes is listening.

"Father, I have done what you have asked. This island is yours, this keep is yours. All that I have done and all that is left to do.. is yours. Guide me, now, if you will.. Tell me what I am to do with my Brothers in the South. Am I to lead them in Raalvara's stead, or allow them their own path while I preach and perfect your temple.. My hands and being are yours, always."
Divination Answer-
The voice of the father of warriors is heard.
"My son, whatsoever you think would aid in the protection of your kin and the faithful I shall know you did with honesty and good will in your heart."

Valiant Testimony | 29/04/20
Uriel hosts an impromptu sermon. It goes brilliantly. Gerard attends. What a guy. Uriel is exalted now. It is amazing.

Divination | 30/05/20
Uriel has long been without the wards of the Eastern Kingdoms. Having travelled South and Easy following news of his resurrection, he has resided within the chaos of the Sorrowlands. Honing his sword upon the rent flesh of undead, protecting the few and far between frontiers that dot the Southtown isles. It is in one of these villages, as he takes the time to care and maintain his blade and shield, that Uriel begins to hum a hymnal to his father. It is soft sounds would barely pass beyond the walls of his ramshackle tent, but his faith that his father hears him is strong. When the humming comes to an end, Uriel moves to his knees and glances upward for a moment. A smile of joy plays on his lips, like that of a son who has been away and has returned home.
Divination Ritual-

"Father, I call out in your name, that I may affirm my faith in Your will. That you know of my love, that I have not a bonded the people- only sought to help others for a time. I have received word from your sons, my brothers of Blackrush. They say we are to face enemy’s from the planar, and that these figments seek the blood of my brothers. Tell me father, what light can be shed on these figments dead set on being our foes, for to fight a war without knowledge of ones enemy is to invite failure and loss. Is it possible, I wonder, to fight our battles upon a field of words and diplomacy without bloodshed? I await your wisdom, ever your representative, I remain vigilant.”
Divination Answer-
-=][=-

Uriel is met with a glimmer before him, like the mirage of a plated, armored being. It places a hand upon his shoulder, and speaks as a father to a son.
"Uriel, these Figments are as vast and varied as the people. They are ideas, and they strengthen with the strength of their concept. Some will be cruel, unjust, an enemy, whilst others may have no cause to harm you or yours and can be spoken with. The outcomes will fall upon your judgement - Always be prepared for battle, even if you think battle is not fated."

Valercea | 11/06/20
Upon being asked for tutelage in the ways of Valiant, Uriel travels North to Sangrian lands to meet with one Raynor Var Emhiril. They discuss the faith and Uriel passes on the tenets to the potential fledgling. But as their meeting goes on, Uriel finds things less and less hopeful.
He learns of Raynor's wish to one day be blessed by Valiant, but through their conversations comes to feel that he means to do so for power rather than true faith and love of Valiant. In prayers following the meeting, Uriel would be clear to mention Raynor's name and his fears. He also discovers a potential load of familial drama that doesn't paint the aspirant in the best light in regards to loyalty.

[Sign from Valiant]
-=][=-
Uriel is awoken just before dawn with a start, as if being awoken ready for a regime but it holds no warmth and his body feels tense as a result. He seems to see imagery of Eren in his minds eye, and of a broken, shattered blade, and looking down on him from the base of the bed like a disappointed father the armoured figure speaks in the familiar metallic tone.
"Eren Abel has died in this game they play at the bidding of a Figment of Magic. Your brothers stray too close to temptation of the Arcane. Be better, son, for it is on your shoulders as their commander in faith."

Challenge | 13/06/20
Divination Ritual-
Upon being awoken with this scene, Uriel's face drops. He rises, to stand before the figure of his father. Without words, he would take up his shield from beside his bed and move to take up his swordbelt and axe in hand. With a clear voice- one that contrasts the pain etched on his features- Uriel speaks to Valiant.

"I have failed you and I have failed my brother to the whims of this Magic.. Then I am to blame- as you have said but so too is this figment who has sacrificed my brother's life with such ease. If you would grant me leave, I will avenge Eren's life and bring this witch to Justice, Father. You need only say the word."
Divination Answer-
-=][=-

The figure glimmers away into thin air, with a silence that seems an answer in itself. Such a choice is in his hands.

Unending Endeavour | 17/06/20
Uriel holds a sermon in the Landing and calls for the people to recognise the unending endeavour they face as Alterans. He calls them to fight against the realm's foes and protect each other. He then answers the questions of those who ask.
Following this, Uriel and Asher discuss the creation of a church within the Kaltstadt that Uriel would head. Uriel says that he intends to talk to Valiant about it.

Undending | 23/06/20
Divination Ritual-
Uriel would find himself at the Oathstone on Aegis. He'd be sat, sharpening the heads of the Unending Battleaxe and polishing the surface of his bluesteel Shield of Valor. As he works and toils, he prays aloud. His praise for his Father and his gratitude for his guidance is sincere and loving.

"Father of mine, hear my prayer and forgive me for taking this long to ask of you this question. Whilst delving deep into the depths of the Nether, to rescue the damsel that had been taken by its denizens, I have stumbled upon an axe. At first, I found no issue with this weapon- with the intent of using the tool of these hellish creatures against them- but in time I found it a comfortable change of pace from using a sword."
Uriel stops himself from rambling and cuts to the chase.
"I must now, however, ask whether this weapon I have found is an accursed blade- evil and corrupting. For while, I have no doubt that I am still of sound mind- there are those who find its attributes worrying and fear that it may change me. I ask for your guidance- your verdict."
Divination Answer-
-=][=-

"It is good to learn more than sword and shield, for time will come in which you may need to reach for the next available weapon. The one you hold has something about it that reminds me of Kilrox. A thirst for victory and conquest, but unique in that it causes wounds unable to be healed by magic, to bleed for twice as long... I know not what it may do to you, but I hold trust in you to know not to do the wrong thing. Do not let it consume you, Uriel."

Justice is Red | 02/07/20
Uriel takes part in the Trial of Kopii Grey. He puts forth his views and the magus is found guilty. Uriel then delivers justice to Mira Laranja for the attempted murder of multiple individuals. In a way of justice, he follows the eye for an eye method. He delivers a potentially lethal blow with the Endless axe and proceeds to heal it himself. As she almost killed the people with the avalanche, so too did Uriel almost kill her with the axe.
In the meantime, Uriel is burdened with the curse of the bloodied coin. Upon removing it from Asher, he decides that he will endure its wrath- that no other shall have to be spurred by its bloodlust, with every belief that He or Valiant will be enough to shoulder the burden.

[Sign from Valiant]
-=][=-
"There has been a disturbance in a sacred church of Sallana; two who claim to follow me have strayed from the path. I bid you to uncover the truth of it, and report your findings to me."

Sword and Shield | 06/07/20
Having spoken to the Elven priestess of her account, Uriel calls for Raynor's own account. Given the aggression of Henry, Uriel is disinclined to believe that there was no altercation. He says as much to Raynor and announces that he does not believe Valiant would ever back such a dishonourable man. Uriel is challenged to a duel to the yield in which no spells can be cast.
The duel goes poorly and at one point, Raynor attempts to stab Uriel's groin. This results in Uriel breaking the rules of the duel to cast 'Shield of Faith' as he believes Raynor's blatantly fatal blow was in direct conflict with the agreed terms of the duel. Raynor declares this cheating and dishonourable. But, through sheer grit and determination, Uriel fights on and eventually beats the elf to the ground where he could've ended their life. Instead, he stood and let Raynor rise.
Still, however, Raynor would not yield. Raynor instead decided to reaffirm his belief that Uriel's divine blessing was dishonourable. He attempted to call the duel a draw, to which Uriel refused. His honour and life had been put at risk. Eventually, he yielded. Uriel declared that he accepted the duel but Valiant would deliver the rightful justice for his actions at the Sallana Temple.

[Sign from Valiant]
-=][=-
Uriel wakes after dreams of stabbing a woman as she lies bound on the ground. She has no face he recognises, but the act is one he might.
"She committed a great sin, my son, but your violence became untethered and hatred blinded you, and what the people saw of you was not the image you wish to uphold. Free yourself of the coin, and ensure it is not touched from wherever it is you drop it."

Sallana | 16/07/20
A prayer to Sallana, spoken upon Aegis whilst Uriel looks upon a pressed flower within his journal. It is quiet and almost timid.
"I have never thought to pray to anyone other than my Father before. But given the recent events.. I would be rude to not offer you these words. You have done much for me, whether I had realised it or not. For who else can I thank that a motherless child like I could've found Raalvara? Who else can I thank for sending Florence to me, to allow me to remember the importance of love and being grounded once again? None but you, in these matters, can be thanked and yet through my failings your Priestess met disrespect. I failed to bring Justice to this lost sheep of my Father's flock and for this I deeply apologise.
I shall do whatever I must to right this wrong. You have my word, Mother of Roses."

Gratitude | 18/07/20
"I'll be there for you. The words you spoke to me before Archon's Summit are once more proven true. I cannot put into words how grateful I am for your presence. However, I know that your attention was pulled from your Holy Battles in the Heavens and thus I apologise if this break in protocol causes any unforeseen consequences. I would offer my service in defending this 'West Tower' but I know that your battles are your own, I cannot help in matters of the Planar- they are beyond me for as long as I live.
This fort shall be raised. It shall be impenetrable and it will be dedicated to Your name and that of your Bretheren. Should there be anything else, anything at all, that I must do for you, know that it will be done without question. Until then, I shall remain vigilant at this front line against the Deadlands."

TIER FOUR
-=][=-
Uriel walks the battlefield with the armoured Valiant beside him, he can remember it when he wakes. He knows they spoke of many things, but the memories are hazy and what he remembers is the firm hand on his shoulder and the feeling like he is being sent off for a battle. A battle which, whilst the outcome is unclear and the risks are great, he is ready for.

Set | 26/07/20
Set. Having approached Archon and been asked to refrain from doing so further, Set persists. Word is sent to Joseph Seeker who confronts her. Uriel steps in on the confrontation, at first as a peacekeeper, but soon grows ire. For Set claims that her and Step's treachery against Life was a welcome and freeing act, that Life is happy now. Uriel cannot believe this and upon hearing that Set means to 'free' Archon, he comes to the conclusion that she means to turn him to Jishrim by any means necessary.
Uriel reaches wrath never before roleplayed in his time being played. At first, he advocates for Joseph to outright execute her when she refuses to heed the mage's warnings about going near Archon. Ultimately, however, he assists in talking Joe down and decides that an orderly arrest is perhaps best. He means to call for a verdict from Archon and Valiant both as to her fate. For he feels that she has acting unjustly deserves righteous punishment for all of her actions and her part in Jishrim's games.

War | 26/07/20
Uriel declares war on Jishrim and Jishrimites.

Long awaited | 23/09/20
No real update for ingame actions or the like. I would like to think Uriel has spent my absence in the comfort of Aegis and wherever Florence is. Mostly meditating and training. Probably has a few plans in hand, but it is worth saying- even if this is to his detriment- Uriel is helping Florence with her faith in Sallana and even helping her design her shrine (using his own rather basic knowledge of architecture and design- such was gleamed from castle building)

Judgement of Character | 19/10/20
Uriel chastises and then teaches Rolland. He explains why he was wrong and why Eimar has a place in everything. It goes well.

Reformation | 20/10/20
The cults; sons of valor and valiant order, are disbanded. A new, earthly, court of conflict takes its place as the new reigning cult of valiant faith.

uriel was exalted

uriel killed a hoe

uriel no longer exalted

uriel revive a guy

uriel try to revive another dude

uriel save his home from undead along with a woman and her kids

uriel make a cool fort in his garden

uriel make some cool siege weapons

uriel die in a joust

uriel see heaven and come back as a ghost

uriel revived without an eye

uriel offers up the endless battleaxe to valiant at bennett's suggestion (belated but finally done)

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
- Uriel awakes taller, broader and renewed in vigor. He is aware of Valiant's restored faith in him and the responsibilities that it brings.

========================================
Uriel Valhart has returned to T5 as the Exalt of Valiant.
========================================

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
We did discuss it in divine chat beforehand, all's copacetic, he's not heading off on his own to promote himself. It's been about three months since he was deranked and Uriel's gradually done things to restore his good graces, nothing flashy and all at once, but enough overall. The final bump kinda ironically involved him dying, but his only being worried that his kid was safe as he was doing so was sufficiently heartwarming to make it a worthy moment.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Thank you for sharing this, Lannis =)
Sorry for doubting you, Brit. Things out of the blue like that do make me nervous.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Reasons I posted it myself:

- Lannis has been incredibly busy with both IRL work and coding things for the Server.

- Elz has been incredibly busy with Events things and IRL. She's had me taking over for her in more and more Divine things. This was one of those things that could've been done another way, which I agree with- but if Elz is busy and I can take something off of her shoulders that's easy, I'll do that as thats the point of being in the Divine Team.