Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Update] Official HW Album - Publishing date set, pre-mixes including Maceo, 100k Artwork Commission

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
! ! ! U P D A T E ! ! !
This will be the final update. The next official post will be the reveal of the entire album. HYPE!

For today's update, I want to show a few more previews. I know a lot of you have been waiting for a glimpse at Maceo :)
I'd also like to put out an art competition with 100k for whoever makes the art that ends up on the cover.

You can listen to the initial versions of all the songs in this playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkWSMLeI00exFimJIPeCY1rVz2P_ogPtA

Album Publishing:
The way it goes now, it seems that the album will be finished at the end of February.

Once I receive the files from my producer, I'll put out a request to get it on Spotify, which usually takes a few weeks.
I hope it'll be online on Spotify on my birthday; the 14th of march.
If not, I'll likely start publicizing songs on YouTube on that date and one every week after that until the entire album is on YouTube.
Either way; the finished product will start to release itself on my birthday. One more month! :D

Art Competition:
I've given this some thought, and an album with songs about Altera should have an Alteran artist's art on the cover. It just has to.

So, to encourage our artists, I'd like to throw in some way of paying for the work they put into it.
On top of that, I'll put out a thread for people to vote on, if and when I get 3 or more submissions.
This way not only the songs are chosen by the community, but also the cover art.

I'd like to give everyone who submits something of decent quality at least 20k Radiants.
Whoever makes the one that makes it to the cover will receive 100k Radiants onto their account.
In the end, if there are no submissions that are of enough quality, I am giving myself the right to decline submitted works. (Not paying 20k for an MSpaint meme)
But I don't think I'll need to use that right, I've seen amazing stuff and I hope some of the artists will take up this challenge.

Submissions must follow these guidelines;

1. Be digital and colorized.
  2. Include at least one playable race other than human depicted on the image.
  3. Include at least one reference to one of the songs on the album. (see the link in the introduction above for a playlist)
  4. Spotify rules dictate there can be no text other than the title on the cover, so do not include any text (can include runes/symbols)
  5. Amuse.io dicates cover art must be square .jpg or .png file and be at least 3000x3000 px, max 6000x6000 px, not blurry or pixelated.
  6. Be submitted before the 24th of February (2 weeks time, it's a bit tight, but that's when I hope to receive the files and send it all to spotify).
I hope to see some inspiring pieces!
Submit your work before the 24th of February by sending it to me either on discord, convo, or posting it below. The vote thread will stay up for 2 days. You may submit a lower quality than mentioned above, but should you win, I'll require you to be able to send me the art in the size above before the 28th of February.

Previews and need of Feedback:
These are the previews I promised :) Keep in mind they're pre-mixes. So if you got any feedback on something being too loud or too soft, that's stuff we can still change!

Alta Eta Ghul has received some deep drums. I need specific feedback on Alta eta Ghul. We've created a very deep 'Dwarven Voice'. We're still polishing it, but do you think it's nice like this or would you prefer my normal voice instead? Please listen the entire song and then tell me what you think!

Maceo, with all the Gods and Goddesses. Enjoy this pre-mix! Recording it has been very enjoyable :) What does Maceo think BoredBrit ?

The Mountain and I received a giant overhaul. We've added deep drums, mixed the violin into the whole thing, and I sung a new version with a deeper voice. If you think this voice is better suited for Alta Eta Ghul instead of the Dwarven auto-tune thing, do note it in your feedback. It's something we're still discussing so we can still change it.

and of course, We Will Not Run. The story of Azgir and Kam, who saved their race, creating the Hakiaz clan. I've had the request from Jazzper to add a female voice for Kamaoe , I had the same idea myself, so here we go. Added a super folkish thing; the thin whistle. I'm so thankful for the talented musicians that are on this project with me. There's also some wardrums in there in the end to signify the Earthspawn culture/heritage. What do you think?

Now, to finish off, I'd like to share Halbed with you. Sung with a whole choir, to get across the feeling as if it's sung in a tavern in Halbed itself. Hope you like it Cymic_ and Shao !

Final Words:
That's all for now. I hope the 20k and 100k radiants will stimulate some beautiful art to be made. I don't think I'm able to make art that's nice enough for the cover, with color and all that, so I fully rely on the great Alteran artists our there. The next thing I'll post will hopefully be a vote for the arts submitted. After that... It'll be the finished product. One month left... I'm so happy!

Tagging Creative Owners: Solus blargtheawesome BoredBrit Jazzper Blorbis83 Balatro

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I can honestly not think of words to express the feelings I have to this p00f. The songs and the fact my character and my RP has created such an amazing song is insane. Thank you for making it so cool.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I've never checked this out but the Black Company mention made me real nostalgic. It was an awesome song in general!

CreativeAJ

Hollows Explorer
Villager
dialfluid
dialfluid
Villager
I love this type of music, you did an amazing job and so did all the creators! I am in love I could listen to these on repeat! :heart:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Thank you for the overwhelming positive words, everyone. It gives me a great feeling and urge to get the very best out of this album. I will pass on each of your replies to the people who have helped me with this album.

One. More. Month. (!!!)