Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

-=[ Update Log ]=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1604801506629.png
|| November 8th, 2020 ||

The spell 'Necromancy III' has been reviewed. It is no longer able to last over one month, and is also re-worded to be an undead as Vyre abilities are factored in. Please read it before using it as it is quite different.

NECROMANCY III
Divine
: Skraag.
Tier: 3
Action: Ten minutes of ritual prayer, and the blood of a sentient being smeared upon the remains.
Cost: 5SP
Duration: One month.
Spell: The caster is able to bring back any mortal being with their soul mostly intact, for a limited time. This may be a player character, though the player is the only one who may play them. The being in question will revive with any injuries to their body present before death, and over the span of one month, they will slowly lose their connection to life and rot away over time. They will not remember most of their previous life aside from key memories, but if they die and go through the revival process they will be restored and their bodies set to a state pre-undeath. They can only ‘die’ via the usual means for undead. They will no longer bleed nor heal, and whilst they do not suffer from lasting pain the initial shock of it (a stab, punch, broken bone, etc) is as real to them as if they were alive even if the pain abruptly fades an hour later. They are in fact unable to eat or drink anything, finding it just rests in their stomach as their bodies do not function, and so as a result any Vyre will no longer have to feed but also no longer have any of their vyre abilities that require recent feeding/blood etc.
Note: After one month, the body crumbles, and enters either the revival system or remains permanently dead. Ensure you play it accordingly - They are weaker than the average character and mindless. Your character after revival will remember their time as an undead and whatever they might've done during that time.
Revival: The only revival option is the Brotherhood/Sisterhood revival mechanics, and not the player-based revival techniques. Once in the queue you are not punished for the time since your first death.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1604935492453.png
|| November 9th, 2020 ||
The following spell was not written clearly enough to be used correctly, and so it has been re-written to be easier to follow and factor in its use on player characters more than NPC ones. Action has a timer on it now and the 'not used in combat' removed as a result.

UNHALLOWED FLESH
Divine
: Skraag.
Action: Touch for five minutes.
Cost: 4 SP
Duration: Permanent.
Spell: The blessed is able to heal deep gouges, broken bones, and wounds of the undead, sealing them up as if they are sewn together. One cast of the spell will heal any minor scratches and burns, as well as one deeper wound (stab wounds, long gouges, broken bone, etc). This will not re-grow limbs or parts beyond repair (destroyed eyes, brains, hearts, etc) though most undead do not require sight and so on to continue un-living. It will restore rotting flesh to a state more intact, though will never restore them to be unrotten completely. Magical means are still able to be used to regrow parts of the undead beyond this spell. It will not restore sight if the eyes have been blinded.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
+ Small pause on divine conversations/responses. I need to take a bit of time to myself this week.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1608399248640.png
|| December 19th, 2020 ||

A fairly big update today. I'd like to start by saying I'm glad the system seems to be enjoyed to the extent it is, and that a great many people are partaking. I feel like the rework was much needed, but also that with the rework some more pulling back is required. I cannot keep up with the sheer volume of divine logs, and for each log to have many entries, and for divinations to be so regular when its hard for me to answer them at times. These changes I am sure will upset some of you, but please don't think it was any one persons doing and do try to understand that it is for a good reason. That said:

Divination
Divination is now extended to a monthly cooldown instead of weekly. On top of this, it is to be done in events/sermons only, in game, and with notice to divine staff ahead of time. It is very likely 'God' won't be the one to answer, and instead we'll be pulling in 'Archangels', which are the domains of the Gods or 'Angels' which are members of their own courts. This is to pull away the direct ties to a Divine, for no Divine has the time to answer individual questions, even if they may answer here and there. I feel I have, over time, made the experience of an actual god 'cheapened' by them being the ones to answer things and I would like us to think if ever a God answered a question or made an appearance it would, and should, be something truly memorable. You can see the page edits here: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/signs-of-the-divine.48938/

Divine Staff
The thread for the 'Heralds' is gone because it did not really work how I needed it to, and I didn't (and don't) want specific people to be publicly holding the weight of set things and therefore expected to answer for things if they did something not taken well. There are a few members who can appear, but for divine log purposes, it will be myself, Boredbrit, and Scardrac (who is in for lore purposes as efforts are made to have divine and lore work better together.) You can see the update on divine staff here: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/divine-magic-overview.49937/

Divine Logs
This is the other big change - Divine logs have become overwhelming in how many of them there are and how long some of the additions can be. Moving forwards, you'll be expected to do weekly updates only, and to keep them concise and to the point. You may decide how to do this, be it bullet points or something else, outlining the events you've held, sermons attended, etc. The divine profile threads should now be a place to update with your information instead, updated as you cast your spells and updated with more in depth logs and so on if you like. It can also be updated but vaguely, but either way should show activity. More information can be found here: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/divine-magic-overview.49937/

All of the changes are in place as of today. Please share this with those you know who are in the divine system if they don't see it.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1608399248640.png

|| January 1st, 2021 ||

I'd like to start by apologising for another change to the system so soon after the last, but I have been trying to make something that works better overall and this should be the last edit for a while. The changes from above remain, Divination is still monthly but is now limited to T3 and above and the Gods themselves no longer answer but their 'Divine Court' does (unless T5/Exalt). A thread has been made on Divine Servants, found here: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/divine-servants.50897/

Divine logs are making a full shift to forum threads - You can still talk to divine staff about event plan details or other important things, but the actual logs and divine progress is now on 'Divine Profiles' instead. I encourage everyone to look at the divine overview thread as I have updated it and all information should be there: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/divine-magic-overview.49937/

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Addition: You can now request rank ups and divine items via conversation if you are uncomfortable.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1608399248640.png

|| January 3rd, 2021 ||

Divine Tiers have been reworked. Ideally moving forwards there is enough guidance without being entirely a checklist, and promotes character development into just why faith is important to them, and encouraging taking on unique views and understandings with it. There is also a split path from T3 so those who struggle with students can go another way, and 'events/sermons' is not so set in stone and can be attendances as well. The point there is that we focus on why the event was important to you/your faith, instead of 'I hunt 5 animals over 5 events' or 'I host 3 sermons where I talk and everyone else AFKs'.
T3 is more of a pivotal moment in faith, and that is where most changes lie. Upon putting in an application for T3, divine staff will likely try to approach you with a 'divine messenger' in order to hand out a task or to have a conversation with you, and by the end, discuss a single oath to be sworn that holds significance and weight to you/the divine. No more random oath swearing throughout.

There is a lot of 'evidence here' and 'logs there' which I want to clarify: This was always required in your logs and is not a big change. It is only through seeing what you do that we can judge when a rank up is achievable, so do keep your logs/threads updated. In that vein, I've allowed people to use private conversations (divine logs) still providing they're used to edit the first few posts in a private place, and not to expect 'IC responses' or bumping them any longer.

I do need to edit the cathedral to have hoppers placed in each shrine for the T1 requirements, which I'll get to in time.

Please read the new updates, and for those applying for rank ups... I apologise, but I'd appreciate if you could edit your posts to reflect this new format.

https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/divine-tiers-guide.46739/

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
+ Those players still needing to sort Divine Artifacts/Trinkets (and those who are T2 and do not yet have them) should submit them to lore through the ticket system. I will be getting the help of the lore team to go through them for the next while. I'll tag a few I think are pending/waiting on their items but I apologise if I miss some or if you were fine (just disregard in that case):
Jazzper Luam JustTheEngineer BoredBrit Kakers

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
1608399248640.png

|| January 16th, 2021 ||

For the sake of transparency and the 'whats coming next' work, I'm updating here to say that the god pages themselves are currently under review. Those on staff can see the mock up posts right now, and the main change is the 'Angel, Archangel' system comes into place more formally. I may also be tweaking tenets, and some domains are changing or shifting to get them all more even with one another. I do not feel anything has changed drastically, but they are in need of updating to be friendly for new players. I will be bringing back the relations of gods to other gods, as well as holy colours, animals, and maybe some other things if I think on them. History will be another project with each God getting another thread like the current ones for songs/poems to outline their history.
I don't have a date for this yet but ideally it'll be sorted for mid feb.​

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
+Uriel Valhart has been demoted to T4 for the sequence of events following him killing Talos in the Storm's Landing tavern. The murder itself was frowned upon but did not warrant such severe punishment for the context around it, but resisting arrest, initiating conflict with the guard, and escalating that conflict to potentially lethal levels has led to his demotion.

Scardrac

Felsummer
The T4 Visage spell 'Evasion' has been changed to the following:
"Spell: The caster spends their power to charge an empowered evasive ability. Their body is engulfed in heavy smoke, distorting their appearance. They accelerate immediately to a sprinting speed, moving in any direction for a maximum of 5 blocks. Divine magics protect the caster from inertia, and they exit this state carrying no momentum. They are not invulnerable in this state, their body is still physically there. The caster must decide a single block to land on, and may not change its course after casting the spell. It takes about a half second to complete the evasion. "

The 'Duration' has been changed to a half second, as per the spell description. The SP has been reduced from 4 to 2.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Evasion tweaked to clarify that it does not stop pre-existing momentum, i.e fall damage, just that the evasion itself does not introduce any.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Necromancy II has been revised to be better suited for players having an undead minion with them;

Spell: The caster finds they are able to grant more life to the creatures they could summon once before, by offering a part of themselves in exchange, and allowing them an unending life with much slower decay. They can be commanded to follow, stay put, or carry something small, but anything based around combat (biting, scratching, etc) follows a different set of rules. The individual must hold focus and direct the creature themselves, meaning they must remain still to guide the creature and cannot fight their opponent at the same time. They must be within RP range of their minion, and be able to see it clearly. These creatures are weaker, undead versions of their living counterparts, and should the head be severed it falls limp (and if the head is destroyed/brain stabbed, it dies). They are however very infectious, and a DC of 12 must be beaten to avoid infection (the type is up to the player being bitten, from Skraag's Touch, Storm Sickness, or generic infection). Creatures available: All those from the first tier, as well as a Wolf, Boar, Deer, or Horse.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
'Lifeblood' the Valiant spell has been tweaked to add in a note about extensive wounds making the spell not work.

LIFEBLOOD
Divine
: Valiant.
Tier: 4
Action: Prayer, the cleansing of the body, tending of wounds, and the anointing of holy water on the fallen target.
Cost: 8 SP
Spell: The caster performs a ritual over the body of an individual who has fallen in battle, slowly draining half of their own life essence to restore the target back to half health. Injuries will lessen by half, shared equally between caster and target both, the wounds fresh unless stitched and tended to prior. For the rest of the day both will feel as if they are quite literally on death’s door, and cannot perform any tasks that would require much effort. For the next OOC week, any injuries sustained on one are mirrored onto the other, including death.
This spell cannot work if the injuries sustained would likely kill both upon the spell cast; such as beheadings or severe head trauma. Limbs removed pre-spell do not return upon revival nor does the caster lose the limbs in turn.
Once completed, the spell brings the individual back to life in an agitated state, as if they were still in the midst of a fight, fending off whatever killed them—but they cannot fully recall what led to their death, the details being sparse and hazy. Memories return to them similarly to revival by regular means.
Note: Can only be used on an individual who has died in the last 48 hours (2 days OOC).

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Several spells have been updated.

Blessing of Fertility has been tweaked to clarify some wording and not seem as if it has two separate pieces of the same spell. This generally just means that the spell applies with health/strength/etc and then additionally shows the gender of the baby/babies. It also permits twins to be born if its within the first month of pregnancy. Additionally, it allows it to be juice/water instead of alcohol for obvious reasons.

BLESSING OF FERTILITY
Divine: Sallana.
Tier: 1
Action: Prayer & Touch, after the target and their partner both drink from a sacred goblet of wine/juice/water and are anointed with rose oil.
Cost: 2 SP
Duration: One pregnancy.
Spell: The caster blesses a female target with renewed fertility, providing the chance for a successful pregnancy to those who struggle in the efforts. Children born as a result of this spell will be born healthy, strong, and miscarriage is exceptionally rare. They will also be born with a small birthmark of a faint red or white hue, of either a vague heart or petal shape, the location up to the mother OOC. For the duration of the pregnancy, the mother will find she struggles less with morning sickness but does find she has a craving for red/pink/purple fruits for most of the first few months. If the target is already pregnant, this spell applies still but can also inform the target of the gender of the unborn child in the process.
An optional roll of d100 may be applied in which 80+ is twins. This can occur in the first month of pregnancy if already pregnant. The caster becomes aware of this change as the spell ends, and will discover the gender of the second one after a delay.
Note: This only works on compatible couples. If a child cannot be born between two races, this spell will have no effect on them.
Beastform has been edited to include a section on appearance, so that there is more of a definition to what you are able to look like. The idea is that you match naturally, so there won't be any glaring differences to natural animals, but also that eyes/scars carry over to keep the animal recognisable in some form.

BEASTFORM I
Divine: Theodra.
Action: Prayer, and holding a totem in line with the animal of choice. The same totem must be used each time for that animal.
Cost: 5 SP
Duration: Up to five hours.
Spell: The blessed chooses an animal that has symbolic meaning to them, and makes it their secondary form. It cannot be from the bestiary nor be larger than the average bear. They are able to shift into this form and retain it for up to five hours before they are forced to return to normal. They can be injured in this form and not be forced to change back, but any injuries sustained will scale with size to their normal body upon shifting back. They cannot shift if they are wearing armour and belongings such as weaponry or satchels are left behind from where they changed. The totem remains on the animal, be it tooth or feather or claw, and is back in their hand upon returning.
Note: You can be a mouse, rat, ferret, snake, etc - But nothing smaller than these and it cannot be an insect.
[Note on Appearance]
When in beastform, the Theodran blessed finds that their new animal form bears striking similarities to their mortal form. Scars are carried over, along with one's eye colour and even the tint of fur or scales being as close to the blessed's own as naturally possible for the chosen animal form- e.g bears cannot have blonde hair, but they will be a lighter brown as they default to the closest natural shade for that animal.
Purify has been amended to include clarification on 'supernatural entities' as that was intended to mean more the creatures from the supernatural category like ghosts, not figments. Theodra and Jax worshippers now have the ability to use either, as the more neutral of the Pantheon and with less opposition to Vyres being in their ranks.

PURIFY
Action: Prayer and the holding of a container of water.
Cost: 1SP
Duration: One day.
Spell: The caster blesses the equivalent to one cup’s worth of water and changes it’s qualities depending on the deity worshipped. It must remain in a container, and contact with said container must be held for at least ten seconds to fully turn its contents. The contents may be poured into another container but will turn back into water the next day. This cannot be stockpiled, for any liquid will revert back after the duration.

Not Jishrim, Skraag,or Visage: It becomes ‘Holy Water’, and is able to burn any Undead, Vyre, Mage, or individual who worships not of the Pantheon with the same heat and effect of boiling water. The burns shall heal over the span of three days. If consumed, it eases headaches and heals minor bruises or scratches. Has been known to repel supernatural entities such as ghosts/wraiths/etc.

Jishrim, Skraag or Visage: It becomes blood that is able to be consumed by any Vyre to the same standard as a healthy individual, and is also able to burn any Mage, and any individual who worships not of the Pantheon with the same heat and effect of boiling water. The burns shall heal over the span of three days. Has been known to repel supernatural entities such as ghosts/wraiths/etc.

Theodra, or Jax: These Blessed are able to use either type as the neutral middle ground.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Update to 'Divine Word' to clarify how it works with those concealed or masked. Generally speaking, if you've some idea of the person its sent to, it bases on that, regardless of it you know them as a masked face or their true name.

DIVINE WORD
Action
: The prayer of, “[Divine], carry my words.”
Cost: 1SP per rank.
Duration: Must be asked and answered in the same day.
Spell: The caster is able to send a word or sentence depending on the rank it is used, which become available as your rank higher in divine tier. It can travel any distance, and the target will hear it spoken in their mind with the voice of the caster. The caster must know their target in some manner, be it name, face, or alias, the spell will work based on intention for who it is for and cannot be accidentally sent to another.
Rank I - T1
The caster can send one single word to their target. They cannot be given a word in response.
Rank II - T2
The caster can send up to ten words to their target, and they can hear a response of up to as many in response.
Rank III - T3
The caster can send a far more cohesive message, and they can hear one in return. The word limit here is one single PM, so whatever you can fit into that box.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
After discussion, there seems to be a lack of divine-focus on limbs regrowing, and with the current wording on 'Shally's Little Helper' being a bit confusing and hard to RP, we're replacing that spell with a new one. We can consider using the little tree-helpers in the future seperately perhaps as their own entities, but for now, this is the new spell:

RESTORATION
Divine
: Shalherana.
Action: Prayer and touch for fifteen minutes.
Cost: 7 SP
Spell: The caster holds their hands near to the location of a missing limb and prays to Shalherana for her powers of restoration. The caster's hands glow white for the spell-cast, and upon completion, the same white glow sinks into the flesh to initially cleanse it of any infection and seal over the wound to prevent further blood loss if applicable. Over a duration of time, the limb will regrow, but will remain incredibly fragile and not fully functional (skin can be pierced with relative ease, limbs will be slower to use and cannot hold or support greater weights, etc. Be reasonable, but there is no exact definition.). Skin will be bone white, and in sections partially transparent, the veins a softly glowing teal throughout. Once the spell is complete, the limb restored, it will take one additional week for it to return to its usual pallor and the veins to return to normal, though a faint white scar will remain from where the growth of the new limb began. This spell works only for one limb.
Arms and Legs: They will grow slowly as if being gradually revealed from the torso outward over a duration of four weeks OOC.
Hands, Feet, Eyes: They will slowly grow back over a period of one week, being effectively half blind with very little grip strength until completion. Feet cannot support any weight for the duration.

(And the old)

SHALLY'S LITTLE HELPER
Divine
: Shalherana.
Action: Prayer.
Cost: 7 SP
Duration: Just read the spell description.
Spell: A sapling is planted into the ground and through intimate, private, silent prayer blessed into a companion that the Blessed holds strong emotional connection to. If at any point the Blessed is wounded or killed, the creature will become distressed and refuse to leave their side. There is no point where it is able to engage in combat itself (though it may be slain, so one should exercise caution) It grows in stages, as below:

Stage One - The sapling becomes a small one foot sized being made of plant life, predominantly the wood of whatever tree they’ve come from, but may have unique flavoring such as a certain flower or fruit growing on them as well. While their purpose at this stage is to aid the Blessed in caring for plants within pots and gardens, they can be mischievous and emoted as rarely doing exactly as told. Be reasonable and have fun with giving them personality (at every stage) - it’s fun to emote the being falling into a plant it’s watering due to a heavy can or getting huffy when told to plant seeds, but they should never be played as a secondary character. Stage one lasts for two weeks OOC.

Stage Two - A mighty three feet in height, the Blessed’s companion retains its physical look but appears stronger and more mature. They continue to aid the Blessed in gardening and have an even stronger emotional bond with them now, a true friendship that both have come to appreciate and admire. Additionally they now possess the wit to gather requested nearby materials - bandages from a satchel or a cup off a nearby table. Simple matters and companionship. At this stage they are more mature and kind hearted. Stage two lasts two weeks OOC.

Stage Three - The final stage finds this being at five feet in height, appearing matured to adulthood and slender in form. At this stage they have an intelligence about them and are capable of more advanced gardening and aiding their Blessed in healing others. Pressing cloth against bleeding wounds or wrapping them with bandages, they also grow a flower that they may use once a day with a white glow to numb the pain of an injured individual. An adult, they are more pleasant to be about now and rarely if ever defy their Blessed and seem to enjoy their shared work.

Misuse of this spell and its creature will result in it being permanently unusable by your character.

Status
Not open for further replies.