Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming Magic Rework

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
It's been a long time coming.

We don't have an exact release date — and won't. But, the system is finished enough that we feel comfortable announcing that it will soon be available in a Hollowworld near you. Expect it by the end of the year, at the absolute latest.

All the mages currently in the system need to contact their magi, so we can begin the process of grandfathering them in and explaining the system to them. If after release you still haven't contacted your magus, we may consider you ineligible to carry on in the new system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Presumably, if there's an upcoming rework, that means that at least for now, there'll be no new Sparked until this is released?

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
Presumably, if there's an upcoming rework, that means that at least for now, there'll be no new Sparked until this is released?
There are no hard and fast rules on this. For animancy I have decided this to be the case though, yes. I don't know about the other magi.

Additionally, even if this is not an FAQ, I'm willing to answer questions that do not directly spoiler the system.

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
7drHiqr.gif
I've known about this a hot minute. Glad an official announcement has been made.
Lots of questions. But I won't ask them here.​

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
So, possibly time for a little bump on this. With the end of the year approaching, is this magic rework still looking like it'll be ready by Dec 30th?

Scardrac

Felsummer
So, possibly time for a little bump on this. With the end of the year approaching, is this magic rework still looking like it'll be ready by Dec 30th?
Hey there, thanks for the question that you and likely many others are wondering about.

A few months ago, everyone was hard at work and incredibly excited to be helping out with overhauling the world of Altera to make it a new and exciting setting to roleplay in. At this time, we had more people working and the least amount of real life obligations that we have ever had. We set an ambitious goal, “by the end of the year”.

I regret to inform that we will not be meeting this goal. The month of December is a time where most tend to divert their attention towards school finals and the holidays. As a result, writing and plugin development has slowed significantly, but rest assured that it hasn’t stopped completely. We fully intend to see this through.

We extend our apologies for this delay, and hope you can all understand that we are taking the month of December to take a couple steps back for a short break before we enter the last stretch. We just need this short breather. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Figured as much, but thanks for letting us know :heart:

Myself and I'm sure many others don't mind when it gets done, so long as it's not December next year :p
Take your time writing, make sure it comes out nice and polished rather than coming out like a bad early access game. Love you all for doing this :heart:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
The end of this year has been a somber one. I am glad we are all still here together to continue our tales.