Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Unhinged] Feedback Thread

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I wish I was able to actually participate in the event.

Me and the rest of the artillery (I think? It was me, Blorb, Jase, and Holly) just waited for a long while, walked a long distance, then reached another camp. At said camp, we winded up a trebuchet? And my character shot a cannon at something- though I'm not sure if it was even pertinent to the battle or main event.

I'm not sure if it's our fault for not getting involved in the action, but I wish we got to battle instead of wait around and walk.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
The people in the farthest camp's cue was supposedly the change from night to daylight. I feel like the cue there could have been clearer and more violent, because we essentially were just sitting around waiting for something to happen.
Did your side not like...DM you to come? We had our guys that stayed back notified.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Did your side not like...DM you to come? We had our guys that stayed back notified.
Like Blorb said, no DM. I think Bliss shouted something about pigmen approaching, but nothing happened at all (we were there for over an hour? I dunno). We decided to head out towards the other camp and I think Blorb messaged Jasper or Solus asking about it.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Like Blorb said, no DM. I think Bliss shouted something about pigmen approaching, but nothing happened at all (we were there for over an hour? I dunno). We decided to head out towards the other camp and I think Blorb messaged Jasper or Solus asking about it.
And Solus told us to go to the other camps. Jazzper never gave us a reply. And that was basically when the battle was almost over, I reckon. Cues for separated groups could be improved upon, I believe :)

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
The people in the farthest camp's cue was supposedly the change from night to daylight. I feel like the cue there could have been clearer and more violent, because we essentially were just sitting around waiting for something to happen/for orders to be given. I asked Jazzper to see if we were supposed to do something, but no reply.

Other than that, I have no criticism. I'm sure it was lovely, though.
I was managing masses of DM's and didn't see yours, sadly.
But once the signal was given, all were free to just bombard, as the leaders were informed of.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I was managing masses of DM's and didn't see yours, sadly.
But once the signal was given, all were free to just bombard, as the leaders were informed of.

Our cannon blew up, we had no Event Staff or DM telling us to go ahead. We weren't' sure if the ballista would logically reach the valley.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I'm sorry some folks were left out at other camps, but I did not recieve any messages myself and it was hard for me (Or Blarg) to know when we were DMing for so many people in one area and playing so many parts at once. I did some broadcasts and you'd have been welcome any time but I apologise this was not made clearer, either by us or your own side, it gets lost in conversation easy.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I'm sorry some folks were left out at other camps, but I did not recieve any messages myself and it was hard for me (Or Blarg) to know when we were DMing for so many people in one area and playing so many parts at once. I did some broadcasts and you'd have been welcome any time but I apologise this was not made clearer, either by us or your own side, it gets lost in conversation easy.
Next campaign, I guess lmao

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
I didn't message anyone about it since I assumed something would happen, since that's where I was TPed to. Wasn't sure if I should have?
you should always message the DMs if you think they're missing you or an emote you did, i think that's pretty standard. it should have been obvious within 15 minutes, and it's generally on the player to do that for the reasons elz said

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
I cannot express how happy I am with this campaign, and how content I feel as its completion. You're absolutely lovely and brillant, Event Team.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
you should always message the DMs if you think they're missing you or an emote you did, i think that's pretty standard. it should have been obvious within 15 minutes, and it's generally on the player to do that for the reasons elz said
Sure but this was like, 10 people (assuming the other camp had the same problem, which I believe they did), which means it's a rather significant problem if 10/50 people were more or less left out. It may have been just a larger communication error on either end, but again, what can we do now? We just have to wait for next campaign.

GhostKairo123 did your camp get a reply?

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
I do know for a fact that the trebuchet and cannons (when not misfiring) got a response in the battlefield
I dont know about the ballista, however

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Came in for another note:

Didn't know if the Archon was going to be a hero or not, regardless the ending (and how it shapes stories here on out) I'm more than glad he turned out okay and he seemed to have a great emotional attachment (sometimes literally) in this ending regardless what the ending meant for him as a character. It felt very healthy in the end and it turned out well. Everyone was super cohesive on defender end and when things needed to get done, they did and everyone was super respectful of each other and chill. Yall rlly set another bar for not only story telling but dming in general.

Really healthy.