Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Unhinged] Feedback Thread

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Greetings! Now that Unhinged is finally underway, I've figured there's no better time to get a thread up and running
for any issues that come my way. This is for feedback, be it positive or negative, and let us try to be at least cordial
here and constructive. Much appreciated! : )

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I like the content we've gotten so far. Excited for any proper events that come once we're out of the fledgling phase. I have some small worries but they're unfounded because the campaign hasn't even really started yet. Keep up the good work!

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I’ve got a few reservations based off the last few campaigns, however I’m enjoying the direction of the campaign lore-wise. Seems like it’ll be fun and interesting, I hope I’m able to have a good time being involved :)

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I still don’t know what’s going on, but perhaps that’s my old man mind.

Seems ominous so far.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I'd like to see more challenges that non-magi and non-Blessed can overcome that contribute directly to the progression of the story. People suggested having a kraken get sucked into port cities by the reversal of the water flow, but while that's cool, it's more of a side quest/side-effect rather than a main event. Not everyone has what it takes to be Blessed or a Mage, and so it's rather weird to just be sitting around while the few people with holy water and divine/magical powers fend off the ghostly bois. Obviously it would be dumb to suggest that the entire story-line should be changed now but some more mundane enemies/challenges in the main events would be satisfying.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Whilst I do understand the desire for less magic/blessed based things, and whilst I am trying to work with anyone who shows some initiative (research convos, asking me to dm stuff, etc), I can firmly say I don't believe a single non blessed or non arcane character has came forth yet. A /lot/ of characters have it in some form, and it is hard to exclude them as the folks actively doing things at the moment.
Additionally, I can try, but at its core this campaign is heavy on planar/anima/etc based things; and that is the campaign. Starfall and Forlorn both had a lot of physical things to fight or work through (starfall also had mazes and puzzles I believe even if Forlorn did not). I apologise if you've been waiting on a more mundane/fighting based one with more mundane things to go with, but there is room for future campaigns or events (or player events) too.

(Though this is early stages! I've not been doing this much more than a week at this point so we shall see. Please don't be discouraged with my response, I'm just saying to clarify. I do appreciate feedback.)

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
with anyone who shows some initiative (research convos, asking me to dm stuff, etc), I can firmly say I don't believe a single non blessed or non arcane character has came forth yet.
Just to throw my 2¢ in here -

I would, as I know some others would - love to partake in doing research. My question is though .. if you have a shadowy creature which we have no physical piece to examine on hand, and we've been instructed not to even think his name, how exactly are you supposed to get anywhere? The most you could do is philosophize about what this "thing that shall not be named" wants.

Examination of the river may show the water is going back .. heck, in a DM you may even have an encounter with the entity .. but you haven't really learned or researched anything.

I get that no-one has come forward yet, though I would argue that it's not for a lack of interest or initiative, but rather due to a lack of material to actually work with.

--

I in no way want this construed as me hating on the campaign, though. I think it's a promising story with a great idea behind it .. I just think that if the blessed/mages have stuff clearly within their domain to work with, non-magical researchers should be thrown a metaphorical bone to work with to start research.

It's still a good campaign though!!

--

EDIT: After reading this, I also want to be clear that if there's tangible stuff for researchers to work on planned, then I think that's great!

Last edited:

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Just to throw my 2¢ in here -

I would, as I know some others would - love to partake in doing research. My question is though .. if you have a shadowy creature which we have no physical piece to examine on hand, and we've been instructed not to even think his name, how exactly are you supposed to get anywhere? The most you could do is philosophize about what this "thing that shall not be named" wants.

Examination of the river may show the water is going back .. heck, in a DM you may even have an encounter with the entity .. but you haven't really learned or researched anything.

I get that no-one has come forward yet, though I would argue that it's not for a lack of interest or initiative, but rather due to a lack of material to actually work with.

--

I in no way want this construed as me hating on the campaign, though. I think it's a promising story with a great idea behind it .. I just think that if the blessed/mages have stuff clearly within their domain to work with, non-magical researchers should be thrown a metaphorical bone to work with to start research.

It's still a good campaign though!!

--

EDIT: After reading this, I also want to be clear that if there's tangible stuff for researchers to work on planned, then I think that's great!
I 100% agree with this!

I like to try researching with my character using whatever tools/training he has, however this campaign (so far) seems to not have anything researchable by mundane means. As Elz said, the campaign is indeed heavily based upon planar/magical stuff, so it seems the only way to partake in research is by being blessed (communication with a god) or looking into the planar (divine stuff) or watching someone do either of the two.

I think so far there hasn’t been much for a regular character to investigate, it seemed the direction was more geared towards magical/blessed people. I might be wrong, but I also heard some players talking about how only blessed characters could get possessed?

It’s certainly too early to make concrete assumptions about anything, so I’m still keeping an open mind and looking forward to what opportunities are presented. As Mapboy said, I mean no hate for the campaign :) The encounter at Niah’s event definitely drew me in when I was otherwise distracted from RP, and I’m looking forward to more!

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
... so it seems the only way to partake in research is by being blessed (communication with a god) or looking into the planar (divine stuff) or watching someone do either of the two.
This early feedback reminds us that we should be considerate of mundane characters and the ways with which they can contribute to the campaign.

However, we want to be very clear: if your character is mundane in nature, do not be discouraged. The campaign is for everyone, and we encourage all characters (divine, arcane, or mundane) to attempt experiments and research; whatever you can think of to do, try it and let us know. Just try something, and if you do not see how your character can participate, ask yourself: how have regular people in our real world, traditionally, interacted with the paranormal? Not everyone is a priest of a psychic! We want to be receptive to all character classes, not just the magic ones, and we're very much committed to that.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I 100% agree with this!

I like to try researching with my character using whatever tools/training he has, however this campaign (so far) seems to not have anything researchable by mundane means. As Elz said, the campaign is indeed heavily based upon planar/magical stuff, so it seems the only way to partake in research is by being blessed (communication with a god) or looking into the planar (divine stuff) or watching someone do either of the two.

I think so far there hasn’t been much for a regular character to investigate, it seemed the direction was more geared towards magical/blessed people. I might be wrong, but I also heard some players talking about how only blessed characters could get possessed?

It’s certainly too early to make concrete assumptions about anything, so I’m still keeping an open mind and looking forward to what opportunities are presented. As Mapboy said, I mean no hate for the campaign :) The encounter at Niah’s event definitely drew me in when I was otherwise distracted from RP, and I’m looking forward to more!
looking into the planar is an anima thing, not a divine thing : )

Scardrac

Felsummer
Elz knows what I am talking about when I say that there's hella creative ways to interact with things with completely mundane methods. Even as a blessed character I tried things, and while it didn't work out in character, it still provided unique roleplay. Just gotta think.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
This campaign makes me want to log in so badly. That's a good sign INNIT???
I love that this campaign has more mystery, in a way. With Forlorn, there were things to fight. You could hack and slash. The steps were fairly easy to discern, with all the cave locations. But this campaign? I'm always guessing and trying to figure out the puzzles and the different ways with which to interact. I'm excited to come home from work every day and RP more about things, talk to other characters, hash out nerd stuff. I love things with mystery where you really gotta work to figure out the answers.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I enjoy the little things.

Like feeling like a doughboy in WWI with fences machine-gunning past my head, and roof tiles trying to impale me. Bridges act as wooden whip-launchers. And Sigmar almost going deaf from supernatural screams.

I had fun today.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I enjoy the little things.

Like feeling like a doughboy in WWI with fences machine-gunning past my head, and roof tiles trying to impale me. Bridges act as wooden whip-launchers. And Sigmar almost going deaf from supernatural screams.

I had fun today.
Sigmar must become Baldric and we need Podric to become Blackadder to complete the metaphor.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
This is a bump! Do people want more server events (Like I did the Hamlet one lately) or more focus on trying to get smaller group DMing?

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
My friends and I have hosted quite a few events so far and each has given us reason to plan another. I think server events are fun but people should start hosting more stuff! Samiwashere 's public event has been one of my favorites so far.