Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Name of the Doctor

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
So, the season finale of Doctor Who is tomorrow and it is rumoured that the Doctor's name will be revealed.
What do you think? Will they reveal it? If they do, will you stop watching it? Who/what is Clara? Is the TARDIS sexy? Why is Jack Harkness not in the anniversary special? What was up with the furnace Amy left on and the painting of the burning house? Are bow ties cool? Would you like some fish fingers and custard? Allons-y? Fantastic? Is the tenth doctor brilliant? Does he really dislike pears?

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
I reckon if it's revealed half the world will just drop dead, the others will live; but they will not live well.

Some things Mortals should just not know.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I reckon if it's revealed half the world will just drop dead, the others will live; but they will not live well.

Some things Mortals should just not know.
Did you just create a hybrid of Doctor Who and Call of Cthulhu?

gods I want that now.

Actually, just looked it up, and there has been an episode of Doctor who that features Cthulhu, way back during the 7th doctor. I'd really like to see something with the new series though.

Also, (my post is going everywhere) speaking of past doctors, Christopher Eccleston (9th doctor, 1st doctor of the new series) is going to be in the new Thor movie as the main villain. In my opinion, Eccleston is a much better villain than hero, so its good to see him return to that kind of role, and in what promises to be a very good movie (unlike g.i. joe.... ugh...)

SpiderMonkey1701

Lord of Altera
I don't think they'll reveal his name, but something big will happen.
I heard that Matt Smith has signed on for Doctor Who 2014 but I'm not sure the truth behind it.
Also, as people who watch Sarah Jane Adventures will know, Time Lords only regenerate 12 times. :(

P.S. Bow Ties are awesome, what kind of question is that? :p
P.P.S. I will never stop watching Doctor Who.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I don't think they'll reveal his name, but something big will happen.
I heard that Matt Smith has signed on for Doctor Who 2014 but I'm not sure the truth behind it.
Also, as people who watch Sarah Jane Adventures will know, Time Lords only regenerate 12 times. :(

P.S. Bow Ties are awesome, what kind of question is that? :p
P.P.S. I will never stop watching Doctor Who.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneration_(Doctor_Who)

Long story short, in old Time Lords Society, each Time Lord was allowed to regenerate 12 times, coming to 13 bodies in total when you include the original. However, there are many instances in the series in which this limit has been circumvented. The master was given a whole extra set of regenerations by the High Council in exchange for his help, and he also before that found a way to switch bodies before dieing his 13th time.

Also, since the Time Lord's society has broken down, it has been stated that it may be possible for the 12 revives rule to no longer be in place, basically meaning that the idea of not regenerating after 12 was a social issue and not a biological one. (this one is kinda a strectch, but seeing how extra lives seem to be granted by the High Council, there is some merit to this theory)

and finally, just some little thing I picked up on my own is that since the restart of the series there has yet to be any mention of how many regenerations remain. I think this is intentional. We're getting very close to the end of the doctor's regeneration cycle, yet there's no word on "I've only got two left... got to be more careful" or something like that?

(bit of an addendum on that: I haven't seen the last half of this season, so I may be wrong...)

SpiderMonkey1701

Lord of Altera
If that's true and DW stops after the 12th, I will literally go to the writers of Sarah Jane Adventures and punch their faces.
Doctor Who and Sarah Jane Adventures are made by the same people.
Sarah Jane was the Doctor's companion once. Then she left and adopted a mutant son and what not.

SpiderMonkey1701

Lord of Altera
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneration_(Doctor_Who)

Long story short, in old Time Lords Society, each Time Lord was allowed to regenerate 12 times, coming to 13 bodies in total when you include the original. However, there are many instances in the series in which this limit has been circumvented. The master was given a whole extra set of regenerations by the High Council in exchange for his help, and he also before that found a way to switch bodies before dieing his 13th time.

Also, since the Time Lord's society has broken down, it has been stated that it may be possible for the 12 revives rule to no longer be in place, basically meaning that the idea of not regenerating after 12 was a social issue and not a biological one. (this one is kinda a strectch, but seeing how extra lives seem to be granted by the High Council, there is some merit to this theory)

and finally, just some little thing I picked up on my own is that since the restart of the series there has yet to be any mention of how many regenerations remain. I think this is intentional. We're getting very close to the end of the doctor's regeneration cycle, yet there's no word on "I've only got two left... got to be more careful" or something like that?

(bit of an addendum on that: I haven't seen the last half of this season, so I may be wrong...)
I hope you're right, but it was the Doctor who said this in SJA. He hasn't mentioned anything on regeneration yet, and I don't think he will.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
I seriously doubt they will reveal his name, because while Maldovar mentioned something that implied he would not be able to lie at Trenzalore when this question is asked, he also said that silence will fall... Why not let that be a metaphor?
Also, addendum:
Repetition.jpg

W

wakerman4

-Recording episode, watching Star Trek....

I don't think they'll reveal it...
Tease us, they will...
Drive me insane....
...*Growls*