Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The mask [Mature topics]

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
This is a more mature story. I've written this one in my free time.

Fetted lies wrap themselves into a cold guise, one that does not lift even for the wearer. This cover stops and shields all but the most sensitive parts. Though these parts can't be told apart from the others as that's the mask’s job. To keep anyone from coming close. However, this mask is not present always as a callous of new lies grow to replace and refresh. A new happy face, filling one with a false feeling of comfort, finally being able to escape from the thing’s vile grip. Only to have it ripped away as the momentary happiness fades. Happiness is never permanent, but the momentary reprieve that it offers is worth every chance. The mask does not like the happiness, but it sometimes can bond with it; Producing a vile and evil guise. A false happiness. Anyone who views the victim thinks they may be living a wonderful life. “Nothing is wrong for them, they're always smiling!” They think whilst the victim grows ever colder, longing for simply something to break this. Eventually, fed up with it they may kick. Scream. Even bargain with those close to them, but it never works. They always eventually get to be alone where they can drown under and ocean of their own melancholy thoughts. The cold pressure of the depths grip their heart. Their very being. Reality and the coldness begin fading together. Regular contact with others seems like it will break off at any moment. There can be no focus; No clarity.

However, there is some inklings of hope. Life is hard. The victim isn't going to give up, fighting against the burden of the mask as hard as they can. They eventually try to reach out to others for help; Breaking down, screaming, crying for anything to help them not feel numb.

Darkness. That's all that exists after the struggling. No positive results except the false hopes of the word “Soon.” Soon they say. It'll go away soon. They've been trying for years and have been the same thing. Nothing comes except disappointment and dissatisfaction with life. More things to distract oneself with like a child with car keys. They only work for so long until they want something new. Eventually the distractions will stop. The mask will win. The cold fallow hand if the depths will freeze over not just the heart, but the entire body.

False happiness, like a dim fire slowly fades out eventually with no more fuel. The hope of soon fades. Lies become too strong. Breaking down every night and crying with small panic attacks become a daily routine. Another step in the monotony of life. Yet, only one desire remains. Something that could solve it all. A simple answer to the yelps for help. One that isn't the repeated numbness of “soon”. It fills one with a painful emotion of longing and even anger. Regret. Contempt. Thinking that I could have done something to stop this descent into madness. Something I did wrong. Did I do something to deserve this? Was I too rough in my interactions with my family? Who knows.. all I know now is that it's becoming too much. I need an answer sometime soon. Closure.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
I'll also be writing some more to this eventually. It's kind of just been my ramblings on some topics and ideas.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I think me, as well as others, will find they are able to relate to some parts of this.
I'm not a native English speaker so I had some trouble to understand all of it, but I like how you worded those feelings!

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
I think me, as well as others, will find they are able to relate to some parts of this.
I'm not a native English speaker so I had some trouble to understand all of it, but I like how you worded those feelings!
Yeah, the main inspiration is dark feelings and all that.