Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Holy Valiant Phalanx

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
1593033194089.png
T H E - H O L Y - V A L I A N T - P H A L A N X
A N - O V E R V I E W - O F - T H E - V A L I A N T - F A I T H

1593034426699.png

R E M A I N - V I G I L A N T
1593033194089.png

The Valiant Faith is widespread and diverse. With each denomination and leader there are rites and traditions.
However, all of these faiths are united by the common belief in their recognition of Valiant's divinity and that
they are all a part of the Holy Valiant Phalanx. These individual denominations are led by their own leaders but
they all follow the unifying codified beliefs of Valiant as taught by His chosen Blessed.

-=][=-

The Sons of Valor {Aegis}
Led by Uriel Valhart. The Sons of Valor is a religiously inclined Warrior's Lodge that welcomes all
who value honour and battle. Housed on the island of Aegis, the Sons of Valor are known for their
siding with Archon during the Stasis and for the canonisation of the Court of Conflict.

The Valiant Order {Blackrush}
Led by a council of the chosen. The Valiant Order is the legacy of the Lady Raalvara Edelmonte. The
Valiant Order is left largely autonomous to rule over Blackrush Crossing and to act as the Faithful of
Valiant should bid. There are links with the Sons of Valor, through joint memberships and alliances.

The Earkfaith {Bol'nathar}
Led in faith by the efforts of Kam Hakiaz and Jerr'co, the Earkfaith is a mystical, spiritual endeavour
largely left to develop on its own out of respect of the Eark. There is, however, a connection between
the Sons of Valor and the Earkfaith that maintains their links in faith and brotherhood.

The Reichskirche {Kaltstadt}
Led in faith by the joint efforts of Uriel Valhart and Podric Flanders, the Reichskirche is the first such
organisation of its kind to be seen in Altera for a long time. Akin to the ancient Church of Might, this
Reichskirche is not dedicated wholly to Valiant, but is instead a joint-faith church with the faithful of
Ignis Synnove found within the Kaltstadt.

-=][=-

Positions within the Faith

Commander of the Faith
- Uriel Valhart
The Commander of the Faith is a title granted by Valiant, often to the highest ranking blessed,
as a means to set them apart as the commanding cleric. The holder of this rank is the leader of
the Holy Valiant Phalanx and is tasked with the upkeep of the faith as a whole and the choosing
of Wardens to delegate their responsibilities to.

Wardens - Eren Abel, Jorvun Aersvar
The Wardens are those individuals of the blessed who are chosen by the Commander of the Faith
to oversee the cultivation and health of the faith in a certain area. Currently, Eren Abel is the Warden
of the Southern faith and Jorvun Aersvar is the Warden of the Riverlands' faith. They are expected to
oversee the teaching of new faithful and the upkeep of the temples within their domain. This is a rank
that offers more duties than it does power, as it is these Wardens that are tasked with knowing the
rites of their constituency and executing them perfectly. So far, the two Wardens have been granted
gifts by a Valiant messenger, to assist with their duties.

Sect Leaders - Rowley Durandal, Uriel Valhart
These are the leaders of the various sects within the faith. They are tasked with the more personal
mentoring and teaching of the members of their sects and personal temples. They are under the purview
of the Wardens' teaching and are expected to follow their call in directions of the Faith. So far, only
two such leaders exist but a potential third is being trained to oversee the Earkfaith and its rites.

Blessed - Uriel Valhart, Eren Abel, Jorvun Aersvar, Rowley Durandal
These are those who, through extraordianary faith, are granted the blessings of Valiant. Their power
varies, but beyond the aforementioned ranks, they are largely considered equal in power and in their say.
The blessed are tasked with upkeeping the tenets and maintaining a reputation of being the epitome of
the faith.

1593033194089.png

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
1593034587778.png

1593034600248.png

1593034587778.png

-=][=-

The Holy Valiant Phalanx recognises the following six tenets to be the holy commandments of Valiant.
-Pledge with good faith. For Honor binds you
-Fester not thy body to disrepair
-Meet thy sword of words and blade in fields of diplomacy and war
-Defend those that cannot defend themselves
-Do not betray thy companions or thy people
-Cower not upon thy enemy's field

-=][=-

The Holy Valiant Phalanx recognises the canonisation of the Court of Conflict and their service to Valiant.

Korigon- The Just will Triumph -Justice -Honour
Honour - Fair Fight - Victory
Skeira- The Blade Cares Not for the Cause -War
Martial Skill - Pain and Recovery - Dueling
Kilrox- Might Makes Right
Oppression - Rage - The Horrors of War
Rahas- Kneel Not before Self Proclaimed Greatness -Loyalty
Equality - Leadership - Community
Crusade- The fight is Unstoppable -Unending Endeavour
Determination - Unending Endeavour - Conflict

When the primal forces of the Universe birthed Harateth and Jishrim, there existed a great disparity. Order and Chaos, light and dark. Two Gods with whom a mutual peace could never be known, instead there was only to be war. This War was personified in the Valour and Kilrox, Glory and Bloodlust each, they battled endlessly with neither truly able to best the other. A war such as this, between Gods and their children, can only bring about pain and suffering. It is for this reason that Korog, the God of Neutrality, thought to forge his own answer to the feuding Gods. He brought forth Skeira, a Goddess who saw war for its true lamentable nature. It was she that brought an end to the constant bloodshed of the Divine War and brought about a new kind of war, a cold war, in which battles were found less often, for victory is much harder won against two foes than it is against one.
However, despite this solution, everlasting peace was not to be. In the age of corruption, Jishrim saw fit to betray His son. In his weakened state, Kilrox was set upon by Valour and in turn, Valour was set upon by Skeira. For the first time in eons, the three Gods of War were engaged in a bloody battle and for the first time ever it looked like there was to be a definitive victory and defeat. This was not an outcome foreseen by the Primal Forces, as it greatly threatened the Order of things. They imbued a wandering figment with the rites of divinity and granted him the domains of war. What followed was a war that lasted a million lifetimes and a few seconds simultaneously. No longer was War split between three Gods of three opposing ideals, for now all such ideals resided under the purview of one. Crusade had bested each of his predecessors and subjugated them into his court, to be stripped of their Godhood and to serve him evermore.
It was during this age of corruption that Harateth had become corrupted by the dark tendrils of Grief. It was up to the Son of Shalherana, the God of the People, to act. Armed with the domain of justice and righteousness, Rahas led the people of Altera against the corrupted tyrant. His actions brought forth the rise of the one known as Ignis Synnove, however it is not the place of this author to discuss such happenings- readers are instead directed toward the works and wills of her followers if they wish to know more. It was in this action, this toppling of tyranny, that a covenant was formed between Rahas and all the peoples of Altera. Wherever tyrants rose, he would guide heroes to oppose their grasp.
It was in a great melee against the Visage spawn, Aldred, that Rahas was mortally wounded and betrayed by a blessed of Ignis Synnove, causing Crusade to step in and defend His cousin. On one hand, he fought his war against Aldred, on the other he offered to Rahas a chance to serve the Court of Conflict and continue to help the realm. Rahas took this choice and bestowed upon Crusade his divinity, strengthening the War God enough to push Aldred back and, with the help of the other Gods and their worshippers, they sent the Scion to its end. Victorious, Crusade withdrew to His mighty fortress with His newfound courtier.
The introduction of Rahas to Crusade's court was a breach of the trust placed in Him by the Primal Forces, for it skewed the Court toward Good and betrayed the nature of Crusade. The Primal Forces did not look upon this act kindly and, as they had with Crusade himself, they bestowed the figment of Valiant with the rites of divinity and granted him the domains of war. An honourable duel for the control of the Court and the true dominion over the domain of War ensued. Crusade was bested and, with the accordance of the Primal Forces, granted a place within the Court of Conflict, to serve the new War God.

-=][=-

1593034587778.png

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
1593387391499.png

1593387496487.png

1593387391499.png

Certain items in the world have been found to have Divine origins. These items hold worth to
those of the Faith.

-=][=-

Unyielding - Missing
A longsword, the very first sword blessed by Valiant.
It is an artifact lost in the wake of it's owner's departure.

Shield of Valor - Uriel Valhart
A shape-shifting shield, granted to Valiant's second blessed.
Held by the commander in Faith, it is a blue-steel shield that
is known to redirect a foe's anger upon its bearer.

Rankbreaker - Eren Abel
A shape-shifting poleaxe, granted to the Warden of the South.
It is known to turn into a spear and can release a great shock
wave that may topple foes.

Holdfast - Rowley Durandal
A shape-shifting cuirass, granted to the leader of the Valiant
order. It is known to turn into a chainmail shirt and can redirect
its blows upon an attacker.

-=][=-

Roundshield of Valiant - Eren Abel
A wooden roundshield, ringed with steel, painted in blue, white
and red, the colours of Valiant. It was given by Gerard to Eren
upon his appointment of Warden.

Longsword of Valiant - Jorvun Aersvar
A steel longsword of exceptional make. It was given by
Gerard to Jorvun Aersvar upon his appointment of Warden.

Endless - Locked Away
A Nether-Iron battleaxe with a rusted steel haft. It is known
to have odd effects upon its wielder that are reminiscent of
Kilrox's domains. Found in Hell, it is now locked away on
Aegis.

-=][=-

Marr's Glory - Uriel Valhart
A steel sword of Arcturian make, fashioned for an unnamed
Marrian general. It now belongs to Uriel Valhart. It has been
blessed by Valiant with a red glimmer and sharpness.

Kourt - Rowley Durandal
A steel sword of Rahas origin. It now belongs to Rowley
Durandal.

1593387391499.png

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
[taking this last here post, feel free to comment if you like.. : ) i added a cool ass reliquary]​

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Current Concept I'm fiddling with/a belief of Uriel's that he's not shared just yet. Unashamedly taken from real life history, I've put it here for feedback :))

Lares:
Lares are those fallen who are forever in the service of Valiant in the afterlife.
All who die in battle, regardless of faith, have the chance to become a Lar.
Those who die on the winning side of a battle are granted the chance to serve
Valiant forever as a Lar under the purview of Crusade however those who die
on the losing side are bound into the service of Kilrox. These Lares primarily
serve as members of the Heavenly Host and will march with Valiant and the
Court of Conflict against the enemies of the Gods. Those Valiant blessed who
fall are given commanding positions within the Legion and are recognised for
their blessings.
The belief in Lares is an esoteric superstition within the Holy Valiant Phalanx
and those that hold to it are often quite sincere about its rites. They are mostly
considered to be household spirits, or saints. Some Lares are considered to be
patron saints of various concepts that are tied to a certain place, family or even
a race. The rites and rituals dedicated to a Lar differ largely between the Lares
but most are found to be militaristic in some fashion and are almost always
called upon to be a defender of the home in some fashion.

An example of a Lar:
Murkz'tob- The Patron Lar of the Eark. He has been equated to their God in
the past and is often seen as a key concept in their racial identity. Uriel believes
that Murkz'tob is not heretical, but is in fact simply a Lar spirit who is dedicated
to the Eark and their development.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Arbalor
The realm of Valiant is a vast plane floating beneath a reddened sky streaked by flashes of lightning and hounded by the pounding of thunder. A great stone citadel stands at the heart of the realm and is surrounded by battlefields, earthworks and fortifications. It is a place of strength and honour, in which the Lares of both Legions are engaged in constant, unceasing warfare.
Within the Citadel there is a mighty hall in which Valiant rules with his Court of Conflict by his side, there are no thrones here, only a vast table around which all must stand. All are equal in this hall and all are ready for the call of war. Shields bearing the sigils and flags of every warrior line the walls of this great hall, each one is known personally to Valiant for he knows their bearers and their deeds.
Whenever the Court of Conflict musters its mighty Legion of Lares for war or to train, the mortal realm feels its quake. The skies darken with the dust wrought by their march and the sound of their blows create thunderous booms that shake the skies of Altera, the sparks from the meeting of their mighty blades fly off and are sent to Altera in bolts of lightning.

As with prior, this is just some stuff I'm playing around with. Uriel's beliefs that he's yet to share to the Valiant faith, but are stalwart beliefs of his nonetheless. Open to further ideas and to feedback on the current direction/stuff that i've been posting. Anything that can help make this cooler and more immersive, really.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
{Public Notice} Regarding the Archangels of Valiant

The reverence of Valiant's Archangels is not heresy. Prayer directed to Valiant's Court of Conflict empowers Valiant himself and thus shall be accepted as legitimate worship within the Holy Valiant Phalanx. Currently recognised Archangels are as follows:

Valor- The former First God of War, born to Harateth. He is said to have become Valiant's standardbearer. It is Valor who rides forth and announces Valiant's arrival, when he rides his hooves create thunder. Praising Valor before battle is well-recommended, to thank him for the loyalty of your brothers in arms.
Kilrox- The former Second God of War, born to Jishrim. He is said to have been bound and imprisoned by Valiant. It is Kilrox who is said to have dominion over all the dead who have fought and lost a war. An exception, praising Kilrox is seen as volatile and is looked down upon. Whilst it shan't cast you out of the faith, it will raise many questions about your intentions.
Skeira- The former Third God of War, born to Korog. She is said to have become Valiant's shieldmaiden. It is Skeira who is tasked with assisting the faithful in their pain and recovery, to learn to be better fighters. Praising Skeira after a battle or a duel is well-recommended, to ask for her assistance in healing and self-improvement.
Crusade- The former Fourth God of War, born to the Primal Forces. He is said to have become Valiant's marshal. It is Crusade who is tasked with keeping the Legion of Lares in line. Praising Crusade during a battle is well-recommended, for it is through him one can find the drive and vigor to keep fighting when all else is spent.
Rahas- The former God of Equality, born to Shalherana. He is said to have become Valiant's steward, advising him on matters of Law and the People. It is Rahas who is tasked with keeping Valiant's tomes of Law fair and just. Praising Rahas during trials and tribulations is well-recommended, for Rahas is of the people and wishes to assist in giving mortal's their best life, equal and free.