Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Temple] {Moderate} Aegis

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend

T H E - I S L E - O F - A E G I S

General Information:
The Isle of Aegis is located in the North-Westerly collection of Islands known to those of Hierax descent to be the 'Skye' isles whereupon the Isle goes by another name, Ynys Aeg. It is often host to dreary weather, be that grey skies or the outright downpour of sea storm. Here, on this unassuming isle, it was decided that a temple should be built and dedicated to the good God Valiant and his mighty Court of Conflict.
By divine decree, Valhart undertook this transformation of discarded land mass into a fortress temple of the God of War. First came the formation and dedication of the temple's main shrine, located within the Eastern Mountain. Then, once the shrine was completed, came the construction of the curtain walls that now surround the island and, together with the towers that dot their perimeter, offer a platform to mount a defense on any invading force. Lastly, came the construction of the fortress, designed by the Valiant Blessed himself to be able to withstand any earthly or naval assault.

Points of Interest:
The Temple of Valiant
This temple design was first utilised atop the Pilgrim's Path, a devotional trek for those faithful of Valiant. Yet, when Uriel sailed North to discover Aegis after the Kilroxian uprising, he rebuilt this temple to honour Valiant and the Gods that he defends. It is here that offerings and sermons to Valiant are often held but also where the Sons of Valor warrior's lodge gather to honour each other and their heavenly father.

Hartholm Keep
An old Lavoyarde style square keep with a design suited to utility and defense over comfort and aesthetic. Designed in concept and form by Uriel Valiant, this keep design was originally intended to act as one of many with sister castles dotted around the continent allowing a minimal garrison to defend people no matter their state of nobility. One will notice the lack of luxuries and other amenities found in most Alteran castles that are instead set aside for pure function. As of yet, this keep has suffered no attacks and Valiant willing it will withhold any invaders that attempt it.

The Five Seats
A staple belief of the Sons of Valor who call the Isle of Aegis home is that of Valiant's Court of Conflict. Set about the island are five separate- yet distinct areas that are dedicated to each member of the Court. The great lighthouse has been dedicated to Valor, the Standardbearer and son of Harateth that he may act as a beacon of honour and call the faithful to service. The training grounds have been dedicated to Crusade, soldier and ruthless combatant so that all may put themselves through thorough tests of arms. Barracks found beneath the temple are dedicated to Rahas and all who are to stay within their walls recognise the virtue of equality and communal living. Crypts and a modest hospital have been constructed and dedicated to Skeira as she is the matron of war and knows its aftermath better than all. Lastly, beneath the very island itself, lost in a maze of tunnels and underwater caverns there is a cave of self-reflection that is dedicated to the purging of Kilrox's influence within oneself- this is a forbidden place with an entrance known only to the Sons of Valor.

The Oathstone
Oaths and promises are an important part of life, but those who hold Valiant dear are reminded of his tenet- "Pledge with good faith, for honour binds you". It was at this very rock that Uriel heard the commandments of Valiant dictating that he humble himself in the task of readying the temple Aegis and pledged to heed that command thereafter. All are welcome to make pledges upon the Oathstone- before Valiant. They are even encouraged to leave a memento of their oath such as a lock or marking upon the stone- that Valiant may see their oath and keep leal those that made it.

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
T H E - I S L E - O F - A E G I S

OOC INFORMATION:

Region Status:
Open for RP at request. At the moment, there is no consistent route agreed with a seaman to ferry pilgrims across the sea.

Region Owners:
IC: Valiant and Uriel Valhart. OOC: BoredBrit

Religion:
Valiant. This is an OOC note to inform and warn any visitors what to expect from those who RP or reside in the region.

Region Rules:
  • If you have perms to the 'Valiant' region, it is so because I trust that you will not change or build anything without clearing it with me or any other co-owners beforehand.
  • Do not take from any chests in the region without express permission from that chest's owner or myself if that owner is no longer a member of the region.
  • Leaving the region or server for more than a few months OOC without letting me know will result in me contacting you about any left belongings. Anything left after such a warning becomes region property to be used in the upkeep and betterment of the region. The exception to this rule is IC items- they will be taken in by Uriel who will attempt to find their rightful owner if that is how IC goes.
  • There will be places on the island that are markedly hard to get to ICly. For example, the mountainous areas would be exceptionally steep and more often than not slippy and wet. Do not, in that case, take routes to areas that are OOC to be IC. This is especially so for things like climbing up and over walls and the like. If you wish to do so ICly, contact me or a DM please.

Special Thanks to:
Luam for listening to my scrambled ideas
Auriel for literally bankrolling the mats for the castle
Arcana for giving me ideas
Philipe for helping me with inspiration and being a general soundboard

As a note, there is no application join this region as it does not act as a place of residency. However, there are plans for temporary cells of accommodation for members of the Valiant Order and the upcoming Sons of Valor warrior's lodge.

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Complete and utter overhaul. This is no longer the pilgrim's path- it is Aegis. I may be looking for a new theme for it soon, for now the old one remains.