Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Stuck on Loading terrain

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
I've been trying to connect to the server, but no luck. I get stuck on the loading terrain part until I get the connection lost message.
I've tried to get a new installation, I've reduced the view distance, I don't know what else to do!

(Website is also really slow for me for some reason, while everything else loads fast.)

Edit: I have a 130 ms ping to the server \ website. 100mb connection, 6 ping wen Speedtesting

Last edited:
D

Dark Auras

Usually connection issues are client-side, and it's odd given our webserver is on a seperate box (and both load slowly for you). We can try having staff TP you when you log on, to see if that's the issue. But if its just a connection issue, it may be on your end (I havent heard of any other connection issues so far today)

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Updating or reinstalling optifine seemed to help when I had this problem a while back.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
It's really odd, since I can load it well on mobile data but can't load the website on my pc. Other MC servers work well, it's just Hollow world that is not loading. I've tried changing the DNS, restarted my router, something funky is going on ATM. I'll try to connect tomorrow at work and see how it goes

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Every time I log into HW it stays on "Loading Terrain" for about 20 seconds, even though my entrance message does appear in game (I saw it when I was on my alt). When I try to log into other servers or single player, this problem does not happen.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Every time I log into HW it stays on "Loading Terrain" for about 20 seconds, even though my entrance message does appear in game (I saw it when I was on my alt). When I try to log into other servers or single player, this problem does not happen.
This is because of the special texture pack for the Big Doors plugin. Open minecraft, go to multiplayer, click HollowWorld and then click "edit" and then click "Server Resource Packs" and disable it. It should make your login MUCH faster.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Like I said, reinstalling optifine seemed to fix it for me one of the times. Otherwise I think it fixes itself when the server resets at midnight. I do understand how you feel though. It blows your day when it happens.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
At work, with a different connection / computer it's all good. Could be the ISP that is doing something weird, since I had a fresh install at home, and trying on a second computer the connection was still not going trough. Testing again at home tomorrow, let's see how it goes.

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
Turned out to be low bandwidth...someone was using the internet to download big stuff so once that was done it connected fine :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This is because of the special texture pack for the Big Doors plugin. Open minecraft, go to multiplayer, click HollowWorld and then click "edit" and then click "Server Resource Packs" and disable it. It should make your login MUCH faster.
This solved all my trouble by the way, legend!