Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[solved] Log in troubles

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
upload_2017-12-8_15-12-8.png
Today I've had a lot of trouble logging in. It says server closed after it kicks me out. On trying to log back in, I get this message. Anyone knows what it means?

A

Angel

I was kicked out too but looks like the server is offline hopefully not for long

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
We'll have a look at the errors that caused it. Try logging in now

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
If it is any use, here's the logs:
17:33:32bjb[CHAT] P00f, Pirate's here!
17:33:44bjb[CHAT] 24 hours have passed since your last vote!
17:34:00bjb[CHAT] Joe_12Q left the game
17:34:00bjb[CHAT] bettemus99 left the game
17:34:00bjb[CHAT] samiwasthere left the game
17:38:05bibStopping!
17:38:05chmSoundSystem shutting down...
17:38:06chmAuthor: Paul Lamb, www.paulscode.com

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Looking at logs, all the plugins seem to shutdown once you login. Everyone else is able to stay in just fine right now. I'll see if Tiberione can help me pinpoint when he's available. The last time this has happened due to a player, I believe we had to do something with your player file, but best we see instead of guessing. Will get back to you

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
when you got the power to crash the entire server by logging in

tumblr_ouuab04DJk1wu41tmo9_250.jpg

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Corruption of player file potentially linked to the collection and re-use/display of items with formerly-functioning / now-broken scripts on them is my guess. Is primary hypothesis, unless you're running mods/scripts or something.

Make sure you give staff as much info as you can about your Minecraft install and anything else you might be using with it. (Resource Packs, Client-side mods, shaders, etc)

D

Dark Auras

It's likely either the chunk that you are standing in is a corrupted chunk or you have a corrupted item in your inventory. Regardless the solution is going to have to be deleting your player data which will reset your inventory.

I can't get on right now to do so- please bare with me and avoid logging into the server (on PirateP00f/Kajuit) until we can get this sorted.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
It's likely either the chunk that you are standing in is a corrupted chunk or you have a corrupted item in your inventory. Regardless the solution is going to have to be deleting your player data which will reset your inventory.

I can't get on right now to do so- please bare with me and avoid logging into the server (on PirateP00f/Kajuit) until we can get this sorted.
But all my enchanted tools are in my inventory! D: uh oh

D

Dark Auras

But all my enchanted tools are in my inventory! D: uh oh
I'm going to look into a better alternative but it's likely you're going to lose what's in your inventory- we can do our best to reimburse you. Can you PM me a Skype or discord name I can reach you on if that's okay

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Replicating some knowledge here - you might have to be careful with some of the antiquated items if they have metadata that's become wonky - it could lead to player data or chunk corruption depending on a variety of circumstances.

If the player-data corrupts the entire server will crash whenever you log on.
If the chunk-data corrupts the entire server will crash whenever that chunk is loaded.

If the chunk that ends up corrupted is close enough to a map spawn point to be constantly loaded, the server will enter a crash-cycle loop, the only way to get out of is to delete the entire map file or manually hex edit the map file to remove the corruption from the chunk.

I've run into this more than once playing and configuring heavily modified Minecraft so I thought I'd give a heads up both here and in the other thread.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'm going to look into a better alternative but it's likely you're going to lose what's in your inventory- we can do our best to reimburse you. Can you PM me a Skype or discord name I can reach you on if that's okay
Further notes: Endeavor to see if any insight can be gained via hawkeye & console logs to see if there was a specific thing that happened to trigger this. Corruptions are a nasty pain to deal with and if you get any specific intel on avoiding any subsequent ones the better.

I suspect there's something in the OOC historical oddities collection that was done in bulk that could potentially lead to these issues.