Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Skieels

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff

1634527455622.png

- S K I E E L S-

"Beautiful. Graceful. Swift."
-=[]=-
- Event Staff Only -

H A B I T A T
Skieels live in colorful coral reefs in the Eastern Oceans of Altera around the Shattered Ruins. Some clusters can be found around tropical islands while others in more shallow coral reefs in secluded parts of the oceans. They prefer warmer climates to milder weather. Many huddle together upon sandbanks to avoid surface storms and come to the surface during light rainy or sunny weather.

P H Y S I O L O G Y
They have grey-hued skin with soft pink highlights across their form. Their underbelly is a pale pink or grey- a location where their gills and black-beady eyes are. A curved small smile peeks beneath them. Their body extends out into wing-like forms of nubbed-arms, that aid in swimming through water and gliding through air. Colorful extended fins protrude from their tops and backs. Most grow to about 2-3 ft in width and height where their tails extend at least an inch more behind them.

Their skeletons are made of cartilage instead of bones. Dark-blue lines curve under their bellies, outlining their veins.They glow a soft-blue in different conditions. They use them to signal to each other, to light their way in the dark, or to lure smaller sea-insects to feed on. They can’t particularly make many sounds besides squeaks.

Diet: They’re filter-feeders, opening their mouths to lure in krill and other smaller creatures of the seas.
Lifespan: Skieels don’t live longer than a year or two. In that light, they huddle down after migrating to make temporary homes for many growing children.

B E H A V I O U R
Skieels live around a particular coral reef in multiple groups. They only migrate to other coral-reefs searching for less crowded homes. These creatures are playful in nature and somewhat dumb when it comes to danger. They come to the surface to dart up and glide through air before plunging back into water in times of migrations, or smaller branches of a group do it to play around.

Skieels lack an emotional defence mechanism and go about their lives with little worries They do not shy away from larger creatures in their wake, which results in a few of their dwindling numbers in dangerous locations. But these creatures have lasted long thanks to their poisonous fins and electric bodies. When other creatures consume them, after the initial sting of their touch, their fins breakdown into their systems and slowly make them ill. Many clueless beasts end up dying after eating too many Skieels- the smarter ones avoid them all together.

A B I L I T I E S

[Glide] These creatures can glide in the air after jumping up from the water and fly for a few moments before dipping down and swooping up again.
[Glow] Underseas or above waters, their bottom portion can glow a soft blue, illuminating to the strength of glowstones. Their glow dim when they die.
[Sting] Physically touching a Skieel results in an electric shock, leaving a sore burn from direct contact.Their stinging only occurs once until they’ve had time to recuperate energy.

W E A K N E S S E S
Skieels are vulnerable creatures that haven’t learned to fight on their own. They have no hard skins.

Y I E L D S

[Skieel Blood] A blue liquid, smelling strongly of the salty ocean and seaweed. This can be used for { Alchemy Purposes }
Original Writeup: Solus

Last edited:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
S k i e e l s
Attack DC: 13
Defend DC: 15
HP: 3
Speed: 30 blocks