Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Conquest Resource-pack

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
HW_Header.png

[ Conquest Resource-Pack ]

Ever since 2016, it has been my personal goal to make Hollowworld a big Conquest using server. When I originally posted this thread in 2017 under the name "San's 1.12.2 guide to updating and conquest" after we, as the name states, updated to 1.12.2, it seemed to finally have pushed a lot of people in the right direction. Nowadays Conquest is recommended to be used by new players in the whitelisting area of the server when they first join, it's the resource pack used by our dynamap, and its alternative textures form the basis of the HollowCrafting plugin. So I can confidently say my work paid off. If you're reading this now, I updated this thread on November 2021 to better reflect and show off what Conquest has to offer and serve as the "official" forum thread on it.
TLDR: Hi I'm Sank and I feel personally responsible for making yall use Conquest.

Opitifine:
Nowadays we no longer need forge to run mods. Optifine is now an installer that creates a new installation.
» Download the most relevant Optifine version here, at the moment that is 1.18.1: https://optifine.net/downloads
» Run the installer and simply press Install.
» Once it's done you'll get a simple pop-up saying it has successfully installed.
» Now launch the Minecraft launcher, the new Optifine installation should be selectable at the bottom left or under the tab Installations.

The Resource-Pack:
As stated above, Conquest is now the recommended resource pack for our server, most public builds are made with it in mind, and even some of our plugins! While I assume you know how to install a resource pack and aren't unhelpable I'll still include the steps.

» Once downloaded, open Minecraft. Under the tab Options...»Resource Packs...»Open Pack Folder.
» This opens the folder where you should put the .zip file of Conquest.
» In Minecraft itself, the Resource-pack should now be available in the left column. Select it and then press Done.
» Enjoy all the medieval textures, sounds, and whatnot!

Alternative Looks:
The main appeal of Conquest, besides the already gorgeous-looking vanilla textures, is what's called meta-textures. These are texture variations of blocks or items depending on the biome they're in or the name/enchantment of the item.

» If you scroll down on the site where you just downloaded the resource pack, you'll stumble upon a ledger of clickable links. The most relevant ones to us are:
» If you rename the type of item that's referenced, which is most relevant for the Weapons/Tools part, you can change the texture of said item and how it appears in the world.
» It should be noted that the name mentioned on the Ravand site isn't exclusive. For example here is a Muslin cloak made using our HollowCrafting plugin:
a minecraft screenshot of an elytra. It has it texture changed to appear as a white cloak. The nametag read White Cape/Muslin Cloak
» As you can see, the nametag has both the name of the item that was crafted, "Muslin Cloak", and the name of the desired texture "White Cape". The texture changed to represent the desired look.

Last edited:

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
Go away Sank! I'm gonna procrastinate as long as possible then complain with immense desperation when I can't figure why it won't work! Don't try and give me a smart and well thought out tutorial at a good time ahead of release so that I can be prepared! BEGONE THOT!!!

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
For ease of RP, I've compiled all the lore-friendly weapons included in the new update and am listing their names and models. To use these weapons, you rename them to the desired name in an anvil. It is not case sensitive. The weapon names are in order from left to right. The ingame weapons have some spelling mistakes that may or may not be corrected in the future. Any sword or axe can be made into a melee weapon, and any bow can be made into a ranged weapon.

Crossbows
- Heavy Crossbow
- Medium Crossbow
- Light Crossbow

Bows
- Heavy Warbow
- English Longbow
- Warbow
- Shortbow

Daggers
- Hunting Knife
- Short Dagger
- Long Dagger

Swords
- Longsword
- Cutlass [out of timeframe, but people roleplay pirates regardless]
- Rapier
- Falchion
- Shortsword
- Viking Sword
- Bastardsword [typo]

Greatswords
- Heavy Greatsword [called zweihander or bidenhander IC]
- Wavy Greatsword [called zweihander or bidenhander IC]

Flails - These are animated ingame! The heads swing.
- Simple Flail
- Double Flail
- Spiky Flail
- Pole Flail [called just flail IC]

Spears
- Ranseur
- Yari [japanese, but the model works for an awlpike]
- Sarissa [pre-timeframe, but the model works for a pike or lance]
- Polelance [called just spear IC]
- Short Spear

Halberds
- Heavy Halbert [typo]
- Medium Halberd
- Valtin Halberd
- Orcish Halbert [typo, works for any race as dark-coloured metal]

Hammers
- Heavy Crowbeak
- Polehammer
- Heavy Warhammer [called maul or sledge IC]

Axes
- Broadaxe
- Bearded Hatchlet [typo]
- Crowbeak Hatchlet [typo]
- Small Battleaxe
- Bardiche
- Largeaxe [called just axe IC]
- Bearded Battleaxe

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

Maces
- Small Wooden Club
- Large Wooden Club
- Heavy Mace
- Spiked Mace
- Spiked Club

Glaives
- Crowbeak Glaive
- Orcish Warscythe [works for any race as dark-coloured metal]
- Heavy Glaive
- Simple Polearm [called a voulge or glaive IC]
- Billhook
- Voulge
- Warscythe [also called a glaive]

Forks
- Simple Trident
- Pitchfork
- Military Fork

Staves
- Warstaff
- Fighting Staff
I'll update this post with the non-lore friendly items and the non-weapon items in a bit.

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
Bless all of you wonderful people and the work you put in. I literally broke my minecraft believing it was broken when it was not, and then spent 2 hours putting things back together.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic

Maces
- Small Wooden Club
- Large Wooden Club
- Heavy Mace
- Spiked Mace
- Spiked Club

Glaives
- Crowbeak Glaive
- Orcish Warscythe [works for any race as dark-coloured metal]
- Heavy Glaive
- Simple Polearm [called a voulge or glaive IC]
- Billhook
- Voulge
- Warscythe [also called a glaive]

Forks
- Simple Trident
- Pitchfork
- Military Fork

Staves
- Warstaff
- Fighting Staff
I'll update this post with the non-lore friendly items and the non-weapon items in a bit.
thank you

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lover
Hero
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
I believe I may have stumbled upon a slight conundrum tonight. I decided to download Shaders whilst updating Conquest and such, and found that the textures of ground blocks (grass, dirt, gravel, stones, clays, and probably a fair load of other things) spazz and glitch out constantly. I flipped between a few different shaderpacks, and they all suffered from this effect with.. varying degrees of severity. I have high doubts that this is an issue with my own PC, as I very recently upgraded its graphics capabilities, and every other aspect of Shaders runs absolutely pristine. It's just some select textures that have gone haywire.

I've settled with the fact that this is likely due to Conquest 1.12's new effect of "blending" textures of some blocks together (tree stumps vaguely melding with dirt for the illusion of roots, for instance).
It's possible that I may be the only one stuck in this dilemma, but I personally see it as more likely that all of the fancy texture mish-mash between Conquest 1.12 and Shader packs is just jacking with visuals.

Who knows, I guess. Maybe I'm just ignorant. I'll post a separate thread on this if deemed necessary.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
I believe I may have stumbled upon a slight conundrum tonight. I decided to download Shaders whilst updating Conquest and such, and found that the textures of ground blocks (grass, dirt, gravel, stones, clays, and probably a fair load of other things) spazz and glitch out constantly. I flipped between a few different shaderpacks, and they all suffered from this effect with.. varying degrees of severity. I have high doubts that this is an issue with my own PC, as I very recently upgraded its graphics capabilities, and every other aspect of Shaders runs absolutely pristine. It's just some select textures that have gone haywire.

I've settled with the fact that this is likely due to Conquest 1.12's new effect of "blending" textures of some blocks together (tree stumps vaguely melding with dirt for the illusion of roots, for instance).
It's possible that I may be the only one stuck in this dilemma, but I personally see it as more likely that all of the fancy texture mish-mash between Conquest 1.12 and Shader packs is just jacking with visuals.

Who knows, I guess. Maybe I'm just ignorant. I'll post a separate thread on this if deemed necessary.
oh yeah I got that too, I'll post here if I find a fix

Sir Arc

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Sir_Arc
Sir_Arc
Mystic
So hmm I tried renaming a bow to 'English Longbow' but it doesn't seem to work for me, is there something else I must download or do?

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
So hmm I tried renaming a bow to 'English Longbow' but it doesn't seem to work for me, is there something else I must download or do?
lemme get online and have a look if it works for me

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Works for me. Did ya get the latest version of Conquest and turn it on and all that? Right version of Optifine?

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Ya I doubled checked that all and had to download some stuff but thank you