Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Revival FAQ & Discussion

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Condition of Corpse: Stabbed in the throat, arrow to the side of the neck, poisoned by a spider bite on the ankle. His left eye has been taken, and the corpse is burned.
The corpse is not burned. Just the hand. Electric

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
The corpse is not burned. Just the hand. Electric
The fire spread to the rest of the body; through Asero's gambeson and such, under the armor. This wasn't put out, at least not while I was online.

Edit: Ed clarified that this was RPed out, I've edited accordingly!

Last edited:

Fredolator

Legend of Altera
For being Maddened under the Quality of Life tab in the revival post, does that mean one can SPEAK Elven as well as only understand it for the next IC week before it abruptly turns to normal and you lose the ability to speak it?

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Character Name: Bok'ra
Death Number: 3rd or 4th ? (I am lead to believe there is no death penality during the campaign? confused.)
Time since Death: About 30 minutes or hour
Cause of Death: Strike into his throat
Condition of Corpse: Other than looted, likely staked even though not a vyre
Location of Corpse: Crossroads, unless otherwise stated
One Piece of Memory to Forget: Blackstone has several Jishrim shrines, including the shrine he built
As an addendum to this, the dude is missing his entire head.

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Character Name: Aleksei Ivanov
Time since Death: Just now.
Cause of Death: Aleksei bit off more than he could chew, and died as a result.
Condition of Corpse: Brain injury.
Location of Corpse: I don't know.
The body’s been given to the Tree with many eyes, it’s missing a few bite marks and it’s right leg.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
What is the tree with many eyes / what does it do?
Patronizing Widow

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
How do I know if I am alive again?

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
Are the spiders only visual or do they affect more senses? Like, can you feel then even though they aren't there?

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
So, wuestu ok n as I an in que. Got confirmation that my characters divine artifact is reacting a certain way to the death of the attuned. Given that bodies linger what does this inert artifact do if/when I regain the maidens hair after revival? Will there be two artifacts one for each body?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Divine Artifacts will crumble away upon their holder dying, turning into dust that simply ceases to exist over the next hour. Once the attuned revives, the item will return to them within the day, be it growing back or being left in their home inexplicably.

The above will be added to the divine artifact thread soon, but for now take this as the answer to the flower.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
The new Revival system is now posted here: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/revival.53075/

Other threads are updated for now, but if new threads under the HW account are to be made it will be in the coming days and not this evening.
Mentions of 'trials' are not a mistake, they are in the works pending some further fine tuning and discussion on implementation.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
I'm unsure if I missed it, but what occurs if there is no body or ashes for skraag revival?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
[ x ] In the case of having no one to tend to the body, you may still post your request but specify ‘Untended’ which will invoke the generosity of Skraag and return you to life at his discretion. If the body is lost, it will follow the same process.

This part means to just state it as such, and the revival will go under Skraag's discretion and not have a 'ceremony' part.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
For the enlightenment process it mentions holy water being involved with the corpses do dead mages still get burned by the water?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
We'll go with no if they're dead - If people want to flavour it and them have some marks on them as a result of the revival they may (though I think even then it fades and isn't an actual burn).

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
CHARACTER NAME: Aelnic Brynn
CHARACTER PROFILE: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/aelnic-rhaedral-brynn.51715/
CAUSE OF DEATH: Hyperthermia
STATE OF BODY: A few scratches
WATCHED BY: Untended
TIME OF DEATH: 5 Minutes from now
CORPSE LOCATION: Desert south of Linistel
REVIVAL TYPE: Path of Enlightenment
DEATH COUNT: 1st Death
NOTE: Was a Vyre + Shadowblessed
Just a reminder but you can't undergo the path of enlightenment unless staked as a Vyre, you'd go through standard vyre revival