Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Revival FAQ & Discussion

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
When i stabbed you in the leg a very bad wound btw you were left on the street and given no medical attention at all
It’s extremely doubtful that Lune, on his own island, next to his allies, in his own city where generally the people care for him. Wouldn’t get medical attention.

Last edited:

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Character Name: Karn Clawheart
Time since Death: 8 minutes ago
Cause of Death: Karn mid-jump into the ocean had his head taken off by Podric.
Condition of Corpse: Wet, no head. In the ocean I presume.
Location of Corpse: Storm's Landing unless swept away.
One Piece of Memory to Forget: Antone and his attempt to make the Trials of Skraag.
Revenant?: No
Died Recently? Yep
Staked and brought to an undisclosed location (it's haven)

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Wings of light work on water?
Flight of Light
Tier: 4
Divine: Ignis
Action: Incantation
Component: S, V
Cost: 3sp
Duration: Concentration/10 minutes
Spell: Wings of divine light are created behind the caster. The caster can jump to float within the height of 15 blocks. The weight of what they carry must be equivalent to half their current weight or less.

Based upon this writeup, I would assume they float 15 blocks from where they jumped but more likely is that it would be based upon the ground level beneath the water. So, if the water where Karn was killed was less than 15 blocks deep, everything is legal.

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Elz Hey! Seeing the new Brotherhood of Jishrim thing that's just come out, is this going to apply to the people that are already in the queue, or are they hopefully somewhat safe?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
As Life was taken some time ago and it is partially on me for not keeping up, it applies to all in the queue. Archon is not present to guide them.

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
:0

I should have been in the blast. This is the real reward. Fox eye when, fox eye when, fox eye when. Complete my animal motif and just make me a fucking chimera (this is why I should have been a skraag)

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Changed Memories lost
One Piece of Memory to Forget:E Every person he's met throughout his lifetime, with the ability to recover these memories slowly through time. (Preferably)
Edit: (Temporary) Every person he's met throughout his lifetime, with the ability to recovery these memories slowly. (Permanent) - Burying Woven.

kaiser_harding

Legend of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
with the new system, when memories start coming back, are the last 24 hours still gone? there wasn't reference of it

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
They're still there, you just dont remember the how or who of killing you so people dont meta.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
MEMORIES
Memory has become fleeting, and whilst the player is unaware, Visage reaps his payment in the form of memories of the deceased for his part in the shifting of mantles. When an individual revives, they have no memory of anything for the next IC/OOC day. Gradually they may restore memories, via prompts or optional rolls (such as a d20 whenever an interesting event occurs with a DC of 8 to remember). Ultimately one memory is permanently removed however, and this is up to you when you fill out the form. IC this is not your character's choice.
Note: You do not remember quite the 'how' or the 'who' of your death - We put this in place to prevent meta. If it is unclear, speak with staff.
Just want some clarification on this - how long would it take to regain all memories (not including the one given up for the revive)? As I understand it, I’m revived with NO memories at all, and I’ll slowly gain them back after one day?

Last edited:

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Will each loss of limb be accounted for with a different roll? What if the head is lost?

What happens to vyrism if a person was one and they were staked? If anything that is.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Just want some clarification on this - how long would it take to regain all memories (not including the one given up for the revive)? As I understand it, I’m revived with NO memories at all, and I’ll slowly gain them back after one day?
Yes, you have one day of no memory but after that they can filter back how you want to RP it.

Will each loss of limb be accounted for with a different roll? What if the head is lost?

What happens to vyrism if a person was one and they were staked? If anything that is.
Each limb is likely a different roll, including if the head is gone - It'll be discussed amongst event staff. (me)

I added this for Vyres just now:
'Vyres find that they return to life in the Sorrows, even after they've been staked, as a Vyre. The curse no longer goes away, restored and kept whole by Jishrim's influence.'

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
With the new system, do ressurected Vyres still go more 'feral' or bloodthirsty from their resurrection?

Sekci

Lord of Altera
Patron
Sekci
Sekci
Patron
I added this for Vyres just now:
'Vyres find that they return to life in the Sorrows, even after they've been staked, as a Vyre. The curse no longer goes away, restored and kept whole by Jishrim's influence.'
Are there anyways to forcible cure and unwilling vyre now? Besides the ignis sunblessing

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
With the new system, do ressurected Vyres still go more 'feral' or bloodthirsty from their resurrection?
Added:
'They are however more maddened, more reckless, and will feel as if they've lost a part of their humanity in return.'

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Character Name: Cyrus
Time since Death: 12 hours or so.
Cause of Death: Submitted to being staked to cure his vyrism. What a shame it won't work. (Should have read the small-print.)
Condition of Corpse: Worse for wear from various injuries, but otherwise staked in the heart without a fight.
Location of Corpse: Interned to acolytes of the Grey Lady at the Storms Landing graveyard.
One Piece of Memory to Forget: His damn-near encyclopedic knowledge of Vyres, and his memories of Isla Vawdrey.

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Character Name: Cyrus
Time since Death: 12 hours or so.
Cause of Death: Submitted to being staked to cure his vyrism. What a shame it won't work. (Should have read the small-print.)
Condition of Corpse: Worse for wear from various injuries, but otherwise staked in the heart without a fight.
Location of Corpse: Interned to acolytes of the Grey Lady at the Storms Landing graveyard.
One Piece of Memory to Forget: His damn-near encyclopedic knowledge of Vyres, and his memories of Isla Vawdrey.
Wouldn't the body have become ashes as soon as it was staked?