Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

{Reviews} Negative parts of the War event

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
I imagine Epik is wishing for people to voice their displeasure (if any) with the event, in hopes of furthering future events.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
I think the staff would (well, they should) read all the reviews, good or bad, rendering this section a little pointless :p

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
Well lets kind of just keep it here, regardless. Its a bit mean to call something pointless when it was done with good intentions...

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Although if we keep arguing over the utility of the thread instead if using it for its intended purpose we might as well lock it.

If anyone wants to write what they thought could be improved, go ahead. Otherwise, shhhh~

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Although if we keep arguing over the utility of the thread instead if using it for its intended purpose we might as well lock it.

If anyone wants to write what they thought could be improved, go ahead. Otherwise, shhhh~
Right-o, I have some thoughts about the PvE aspect-
  • First of all, it'd have been nice to explicitly state that the event would include PvE in the original post. The title of the event heavily implies such, and many came prepared. However, I also saw quite a few unarmored and unprepared. I have insufficient knowledge of the reasoning behind this on an individual basis to comment on why some showed up without armor, although I don't think it would hurt to make the fact that the event would be PvE abundantly clear.
  • Secondly, pigmen. En masse these beasts do terrible things to even the best of armor, and the swarming aspect of their target selection makes a horde very tough to handle. As evidenced by the absolute slaughter at the beginning, large volumes of pigmen are very very painful for the not-GodArmor that most bring. Please be gentle.
  • Thirdly, giants. I'm fairly certain their targeting was off, as I don't recall them doing anything but stand there and get smacked. Looked cool, but not a terribly effective foe. Giants apparently work.

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
1-shotted by a giant, not fun
If I had arrows it might have gone differently

Last edited:
C

Cubey

Because you dont know how to fight giant, keep yourself away from giant, not too close.

For Pigmen, Be sure you must have a party/group not do by yourself

Before you provoke pigmen, do RP before you start to fight them. Unfortunately, the main world has "HARD" in difficulty.

For example

When people are RPing, then mobs just spawn and you have to fight but don't RP until you have cleared all mobs first then you can RP after, repeat on next wave. Don't spawn mobs too rush until they have finished RP.