Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Redirection

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As the boundaries between the planes seems to be thinning and the ethereal dead are becoming more and more commonplace,
there is suddenly a day where all the rivers... stop. This is in tandem with all the church bells and bell towers unnaturally ringing, and then as
the ringing of the bells fades the rivers begin to flow... backwards. Instead of flowing out to the sea, they are pulling in the water from the oceans,
and are flowing backwards toward their source. It is as insane as it is physically impossible, but it is happening, and those civilisations which live
around the sources of rivers are quite suddenly experiencing flooding on a catastrophic level.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[ OOC ]
I
will not force you to flood your regions nor will I come in to damage the regions on the rivers. If there are issues with how the rivers are
placed or how they make sense that is not something we can change - just go with what makes the most sense to you.

Those who venture into the planar at this point will notice a great change as a result, feel free to message myself should you venture there and I'll describe it.

Reminder: I can DM things for you. Please feel free to make an event thread to investigate somewhere and I can try my best to attend. : )
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
For the towns around water- Does this include oceans, or lakes?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Coastal cities (Like Linlea too) will be fine - It is the rivers that swell and some places at rivers edges (perhaps mockingbay) that will be in trouble. But I won't enforce people to destroy their places, make it as bad as you like. :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Yes
Bartooliinii
Nid Arach please xD
Yes certainly! But I'm away for a week so I'm gonna put you in charge of this for this week, Jase.

Elz Guidelines for flooding the region if you like too oocly flood the low parts:
  • Don't make water flow over into the pits of magic
  • You may raise all ponds in the region, since its one big swamp.
  • The swamp area is lined with sugarcane and ferns for decoration, id rather not have those submerged and disappear.

Other than that, feel free to flood whatever you like!

If it's only IC:
Nid Arach is now flooded between the river and the path. The path itself is ankle deep and the further you get in, the deeper the water. The fortress itself is built strategically on a hill, so it'll stick out above the water surface. However, all dungeons and tunnels that criss cross everywhere through the region are flushed out and submerged for as long as this phenomenon takes place. The swamp has thus increased in size and with the flushing, bits of soot and decaying matter flow UPRIVER to whatever settlements lay there.