Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Recruitment | Training

Anithola

Lord of Altera
I have noticed that the League of Legends forums have gone very inactive lately, and decided that I want to start a small recruitment campaign!

| If you dont feel like reading the whole thing please take a look at the last paragraph! |

The game:
League of Legends is a free Multiplayer Online Battle Arena ( MOBA ). The game has over the past three years grown to beceome the biggest multiplayer game in the world with about 35 million active players. It has also become the most streamed and competitive game out there with different events and tournaments hosted every month.

Gameplay:
When you start a match of LoL you will be spawned into one of three maps, Summoners rift, the main map. Twisted treeline, Crystal scar or the howling abyss. Each hosting their own unique playstyle and objectives. In the game you generaly focus on destroying the enemy nexus, their headquarter of sorts. Destrying this will cause your team to win. Throughout the game you can kill neutral monsters in the jungle to gain buffs and gold, hunt and kill enemy players or target objectives like enemy structures for map control and gold. There is also a store where you can purchase items to strengthen your magic or make your blows more powerful.

Champions:
Before starting the game you will have to chose a champion you wish to bring into battle. The game currently has 115 champions, with a new champion being released every 3 weeks. Every champion has their own unique playstyle and you have to play alot with one champion if you truly wish to become good with him.

Rewards:
After winning or losing a game you will receive IP ( Influence points ). These points can be used to unlock new champions, runes, or open up new runepages. There is also RP ( Riot points ) These points can be bought for real money and can be used to open the same things as IP can, but they can also unlock skins for your champions as well as IP boosts etc.

Its free!:
As I said, the game is completely free and incredibly fun, try it out! If you dont like it, sure, just uninstall it :)

Recruitment:
This link will take you directly to the registration site, using this link instead of manualy going to their site will make both you and me receive referal bonuses :)

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f82bbeb57bf6380292608

I will also be offering free training sessions over skype or chat, where I tell you all there is about the game and give you tips and tricks on how to outplay your opponents. Hope to see you in game!

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Well. I recently took a break from LoL that spanned across the course of a few months, and it seems that now I'm about the biggest level 28 noob that the game has. So, uh... this will probably inspire laughs from a few people, but I've never really bothered to learn about this - what is the best way to generally build a good team comp. or choose a Champion in coordination with the rest of your team's choices? Like I said, I'm a total noob (getting back into it, though).

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
League has a tendency of not agreeing with Windows 8. However, I think it's okay if I say I was rather skilled at the game when I did play. I too took a break that spanned across roughly five months, but I am level 30 with ~350 wins under my hat.

Support/Tank. If you're stuck for either, lemme know c:

-K9

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Well. I recently took a break from LoL that spanned across the course of a few months, and it seems that now I'm about the biggest level 28 noob that the game has. So, uh... this will probably inspire laughs from a few people, but I've never really bothered to learn about this - what is the best way to generally build a good team comp. or choose a Champion in coordination with the rest of your team's choices? Like I said, I'm a total noob (getting back into it, though).

A good team composition needs just alittle bit of anything really. I will list some elements that are crucial though ;)

-CC ( stuns, slows, snares etc ) Are important to keep the enemies in check while your team's carries blast them with all the damage you have. In the pro scene cc heavy compositions have become very powerful due to the fact that if you catch someone they are about dead before they can move. CC is also important to keep enemy assassins away from your own carries.

-Ability power carry ( Mage ) Basicly someone dealing huge amounts of ability power, if you dont have an ap carry on your team ( meaning that you have an ad centered team ) you will make it easy for your enemies to simply build armor.

-Attack damage carry. The same as ap carry, you need someone dishing out heavy amounts of physical damage or the enemy team will simply build magic resist.

-Tank. Someone to shield the carries while they do damage. The tank typicaly wants to give as much gold as possible to the carry and only focusing on taking as much damage as possible in the carry's place. ( this doesnt justify dying randomly when there is no carry nearby though )

-Assassin. Someone with high damage burst who can quickly assassinate the enemy carries. If the enemy carry is eliminated quickly the rest of the fight will be a 4v5 and without the carry's damage they cant really do much anyway.

If your team has most of those you should be good to go ;) Dont get me wrong, you didnt lose just because you dont have an assassin, but you might have to alter your playstile accordingly as you dont have anyone to take out the enemy's damage dealer.

I can always meet you in game if you want? :)

Anithola

Lord of Altera
League has a tendency of not agreeing with Windows 8. However, I think it's okay if I say I was rather skilled at the game when I did play. I too took a break that spanned across roughly five months, but I am level 30 with ~350 wins under my hat.

Support/Tank. If you're stuck for either, lemme know c:

-K9

I was actually planning on maybe starting up a hollowworld team just for fun, I need to know how many we are first and stuff though, its kind of why im recruiting right now ^^

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
*awesome noob friendly helping stuff*
Thanks for all of this! Hopefully now I can benefit my team more with making a smart pick instead of relying on them to do that.

I was actually planning on maybe starting up a hollowworld team just for fun, I need to know how many we are first and stuff though, its kind of why im recruiting right now ^^
I would be willing to join this. I don't consider myself too good at LoL (especially not after my break), but more often than not I'm paired up with teammates that seem a bit less experienced and usually cost me games that we could've probably won. It would also be a great experience to become friends with more HW'ers out of MC, learn more about LoL and become better, and have a team to play and have fun with!

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Thanks for all of this! Hopefully now I can benefit my team more with making a smart pick instead of relying on them to do that.

I would be willing to join this. I don't consider myself too good at LoL (especially not after my break), but more often than not I'm paired up with teammates that seem a bit less experienced and usually cost me games that we could've probably won. It would also be a great experience to become friends with more HW'ers out of MC, learn more about LoL and become better, and have a team to play and have fun with!

What server do you play on? :)

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter

While this is quite good, a few things must be noted.

Not every team needs an assassin, but every team needs an ADC (At least of decent tower push)

I have won many-a-game with a sustain ADC vs. an assassin ADC.

It should be noted that not every APC is a mage, and this is vital because nublets need to know not every APC is Brand or Veigar.

You also left out Jungler, which plays a huge part in level 30 play. All games are decided on who has a jungler and who doesn't. Not having a jungler can mean you win top lane extremely easily, but bot lane might not do the best with constant ganks (Or the enemy jungle switches to babysit top, or babysits mid or is a completely iiiissshhh jungler and you don't even know they exist)

And, alas, you left out (arguably) the most important role in a whole team: Support. (You did mention CC but that doesn't always mean support.)

Supports are vital to the survival of your ADC, and helping your team outlast the other in a teamfight.

If it pleases you, I can go into further detail.

Oh! And buffs. And warding. And ganks.

-K9

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Ofcourse, but thats not what he was asking about lol, he was asking about how to build a good team composition, I simply stated what elements would be good to have in your team ;)

ohright

I just kindof saw it and was like " I CAN IMPROVE THIS " without actually reading the quote.

Mahbad

-K9

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Oh, I'm EUW.

-K9

Anithola

Lord of Altera
I play ADCs, assassins and some mates, I'm bad with supports, jungling and tanks, and I'm average in general. LoL's a pretty fun game I'd like to get better at, so this interests me. I can only play on weekends, sadly.

If you like we can have some "sessions" this weekend? What server do you play on?

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
If you have a decent internet connection you could attempt to create an account ( a smurf ) on EuW by using the link I provided?
To be completely honest, the idea of a smurf account has never really appealed to me. I'd be torn deciding which account I'd want to play and level up, which account I'd register RP on when I bought it, etc.
I'd also have to gain all the Rune and Mastery slots over and such.

If you really wanted me to I suppose I could try it out, though?

Anithola

Lord of Altera
To be completely honest, the idea of a smurf account has never really appealed to me. I'd be torn deciding which account I'd want to play and level up, which account I'd register RP on when I bought it, etc.
I'd also have to gain all the Rune and Mastery slots over and such.

If you really wanted me to I suppose I could try it out, though?

Well, to be honest, the most fun aspect of league is getting together with friends, I dont know if you have any active LoL friends over in 'murica, but id sure love to play with you here. It is also possible to transfer your account for a fee, but I would test with a smurf to see if the ping is playable first :)

Chico_genre

Legend of Altera
I played it.... had fun..... got rid of it due to lack of people to play with, mabye ill join up again idk....