Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

-=[ Questions and FAQ ]=-

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff

A place for questions regarding divine spells or the system in general to be asked, and answered. A FAQ will be created over time below.
If a question is private, please make a conversation within divine staff.

===

Frequently Asked Questions

Q:
A:

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
For Detect Creature/Undead, do you have to specify what type of creature you're searching for/how specific does that have to be?

Detect Creature/Undead
Tier: 1
Divine: Alignment Neutral
Action: Thought
Components: S
Cost: 1sp
Duration: Concentration
Spell: Choose between searching for any Creature or Undead in speak range, a 30b radius. The Caster will be given an estimate of how many of that kind and which direction they may be.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Re-write was required;

Detect Creature/Undead
Divine: Alignment Neutral
Components: S
Duration: Concentration
Spell: The caster take a period of one minute to focus on their surroundings, remaining alert. They get a sense of roughly how many beasts or undead are present in the area that could cause harm - Such as wolves, bears, or even wendigo and giant spiders. This does not work on finding player characters, and is not so specific to pinpoint a location but does give a general direction. Works in RP chat range.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
This should be able to be responded to now. Left a redirect.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Hunger
Tier: 2
Divine: Jishrim
Component: S
Cost: 2sp
Duration: 30seconds to 5minutes as specified
Spell: Select a target with a maddening hunger within speak range. The target makes a d20 roll: Above 14 has no effect, 14-8 the target seeks the nearest source of prepared food, 7-2 the target seeks the nearest living animal to try and eat raw, and on a roll of 1 the target tries to eat the nearest person. Effect ends if hostility is shown against the target by any but its quarry, the quarry leaves its line of sight for thirty consecutive seconds, or five minutes have elapsed
Does the spell have any changes on vyres in terms of the prepared food? Seeing as its stated that vyres consume blood or only raw meat lest they seek the consequences of eating other meat?

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Divergent
Tier: 3
Divine: Skraag
Action: Passive Effect
Component: N/A
Cost: N/A
Duration: Permanent
Spell: The Caster’s body becomes immune to poison and disease and no longer require nourishment of nature with eating, drinking or sleeping. However, their ability to heal normally is sacrificed as it takes them twice as long to recuperate from injuries. No healing spells can cure them. Sometimes, they forget a memory or two as they age.
Does this spell make it so you no longer need to drink blood with Vyrism or does it just not effect their diet?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Does the spell have any changes on vyres in terms of the prepared food? Seeing as its stated that vyres consume blood or only raw meat lest they seek the consequences of eating other meat?
Using 'Hunger' on a Vyre means they'll go to find their own source of food which would be blood. They won't go for a cooked meal as their diet has changed.

Does this spell make it so you no longer need to drink blood with Vyrism or does it just not effect their diet?
They likely won't need Blood as often but they'll need it still even in regards to healing and the like. I'll have to look into it specifically with players who reach the tier.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Components ||
Somatic (S): Measured with precise movement of one's hands focused on ones Divine.
Verbal (V): Speaking words, phrases. Must speak in a strong voice focused on ones Divine.
Vision
Divine: Universal
Action: Incantation
Components: S, V
Duration: One minute
Spell: Enact a divine vision that is thematic to your deity in the mind of another. It creates vivid imagery within their imagination, urging thoughts of glory or terror depending on alignment. The recipient must be conscious and without aggression.
It says for the Verbal Component one must speak in a strong voice in order to properly do the spell. However the people I've seen cast vision have either muttered or not said anything at all. I wanna just make sure since the Blessing of Divine thread hasn't been updated in a while, do you have to speak strongly in order to cast or would you be able to mutter the spell instead?

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
Curious, if a spell like vision is cast on a character with a disability such as being deaf or blind, would it just react to their other senses (like how when blind people dream they will hear or smell things instead since they don't have sight) or would it let them hear or see the vision since it's in their mind

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Since its divine, I'll say it works as intended, even if it means giving a blind person a brief view of sight

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Nightmare
Tier: 2
Divine: Jishrim
Component: S
Cost: 2sp
Duration: 24 hours
Spell: Direct a curse upon a target in speak range. A paranoia begins to grow towards people around the target. At first, it’s small. However, the next time the target sleeps, they have a nightmare that amplifies the paranoia. It can be remedied over time.

Is the 24 hour duration for the initial paranoia or the entirety of the curse?

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
I'll be redirecting my off-the-cuff question from the discord here, since it gained some traction and interesting discussion.

Would there be any possibility to be double blessed? Similar to how there exists characters who are double sparked in two different disciplines(Milah, for example)
If so, what sorts of downsides would come with?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Is the 24 hour duration for the initial paranoia or the entirety of the curse?
It sounds to be a 24 hour long curse that makes the individual more paranoid - If they sleep in this 24 hour period it only heightens it via nightmares.

I'll be redirecting my off-the-cuff question from the discord here, since it gained some traction and interesting discussion.

Would there be any possibility to be double blessed? Similar to how there exists characters who are double sparked in two different disciplines(Milah, for example)
If so, what sorts of downsides would come with?
At the moment, I'll say there is not - A lot of stuff would factor into it and if certain gods would mesh, how spells would work, etc. Once the campaign concludes the Divine re-work will continue and if it comes up there then I'll think on it but best not to hold out hopes for it.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
I was looking for the general FAQ
That's an oops
Feel free to clean up the thread. I'm gonna move this

Last edited:

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
I assume the answer to this first question is probably what I think it is, but just to check-

What IC knowledge would blessed have about their spells? Would they know all of the spells of their god in higher tiers, or only the ones they can cast? Would they know the spells of any other gods?

Second question; Do both of the blessed's hands have to be used to cast somatic components? How does holding something effect this? (And my char often uses a slate and chalk to draw the illusion she's casting, is this fine?)

Third question; I want to reiterate Kostadim's question that maybe got missed?
It says for the Verbal Component one must speak in a strong voice in order to properly do the spell. However the people I've seen cast vision have either muttered or not said anything at all. I wanna just make sure since the Blessing of Divine thread hasn't been updated in a while, do you have to speak strongly in order to cast or would you be able to mutter the spell instead?

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I assume the answer to this first question is probably what I think it is, but just to check-

What IC knowledge would blessed have about their spells? Would they know all of the spells of their god in higher tiers, or only the ones they can cast? Would they know the spells of any other gods?

Second question; Do both of the blessed's hands have to be used to cast somatic components? How does holding something effect this? (And my char often uses a slate and chalk to draw the illusion she's casting, is this fine?)

Third question; I want to reiterate Kostadim's question that maybe got missed?
i think some of these things are being phased out in the rework, in terms of components and such.

as for the knowledge of spells, i always RP it out that Uriel only knows what his tier gives him. he learns the new spells once he pings up.