Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Project Zomboid: Maid Katrina Vs. The City

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Welcome to my second attempt at Raven Creek, using the same save as Lana Vs. The City.

Unfortunately, Lana lost against the city-- but not before taking out a good portion of it. Her sacrifice was not in vain, for her body, loot, Midnight Freedom can all be found in this character.
Here is the (old version, but mostly accurate) map of Raven Creek-- the city we are in:

And here is Officer Katrina:

Katrina spawned atop a rooftop in downtown Raven Creek. Its location was easy to find on the map due to the nearby fast food place- a very unique looking building. Its not as if Katrina would not know the city she lives in, after all. She is a cop! A very good one, too. Sadly, there was no training for the zombie apocolypse in the academy.

The building she spawned inside had the basics: a bottle for water, a bag for storage, a few tools to whack zombos with.
Its a saddening thing to start Project Zomboid afresh. All Lana's skills are gone- all that zombie count is gone. But with a new character comes new opportunity. Sure, the electricity and water may turn off any second- but its just another hardship to face and overcome in this wonderful game.

It looks like I spawned here:

How far away is that from the places Lana cleared, where she died?
Well.. highlighted in yellow below... this is how far Zombie Lana and Midnight Freedom is.

... no chance to get a headstart, I guess.
Best get back to work ._.

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
The apocolypse can be depressing.

That is why Katrina, once a proud cop living in Raven Creek, takes pride in doing what she can to enjoy herself in this zombie-ridden city- especially since old hobbies are now long unavailable.

Heading north, I came across an unusual zombie that stuck out. A very rare collectable!

Maid Katrina kept heading north until we found a walled off military base area. There are quite a few guns and ammo stashed here, but for now, I just took one box of bullets for the revolver. I would need a base to store and properly manage all of these ammo types. It takes me some time to get the right ammo to the right magazines to the right guns.

I quickly discovered why this was a walled off military area.
Its ground zero.

The hospital interior was a complicated affair of tight hallways packed with zombies. Thankfully, a single revolver gunshot lured most of them outside, allowing me to get some rest before taking on the horde.

A day later, most of the outer horde is thinned out around the hospital area. Its a start. I can come here later for guns and medical supplies, maybe even some food.
There is a lot here I haven't explored.
Katrina needs to find a decent base.

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Was it worth killing all those zombies in the hospital just for a nurse outfit?

I found another strip club, like Lana did. Considered briefly turning it into my base.
Like Lana-- nah.

I also found a map of Raven Creek! Very helpful! It is up to date, unlike the map at the top of this thread.

hmm

Still no ideal base location. Too many zombies.

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Katrina has been sleeping strangely.

Not that her name is even Katrina, I noticed. I must have messed up on the character creation screen as it seems to have randomized her name.
Shayla Hanna may be her birth name-- but she chose 'Katrina.' Maybe it was a bad upbringing.

Anyway, I spent most of the last two in-game days clearing out more zombies from the immediate neighbourhood. The buildings are mostly shops with apartments built ontop. Those apartments eventually leak out hordes. Its a grand pain of an eternal struggle.

I decided at some point that I needed a vehicle. After all, we want to find Lana's zombie corpse and all that loot they were carrying. I realised on the map there was a used car salesmanship nearby to where we were-- right next to the bridge across to the city port.
Unfortunately... I was upset to find nothing there.

I was about to give up because my luck was terrible until I found her.

She is a bit of a do-er up-er, but it'll do for now!

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
After filling up my new RV with some supplies and attire I had found thus far (I have not yet looted much of the cleared areas I explored, as I wish to find an ideal base location first), I began driving to the gas station. Navigating the streets was not easy with all the wrecks.

Upon reaching the gas station (eventually), I found it crawling with zomboids. I had to clear it first (the strip club is behind it) before I could fuel up.

Fueled up, I felt ontop of the world! This RV was going to find me my new base!

Unfortunately, good things are not to be.
Upon pulling out of the gas station, my RV immediately popped a tyre. This would become an extremely large issue, as the vehicle stopped moving entirely. With all my current loot inside and the nearby hordes lurking, I knew I had to find a replacement.

Thankfully, I had broken down right next to some garages.
The bad news is: the horde closed in.
Oh well.

In trying to find items to fix my RV, I found a sledgehammer.
The sledgehammer, if you do not know, is immensely important. Lana discovered that when she could not break out of the city, nor break into the police station nor even gun stores because you need a sledgehammer to smash down the walls. With this, I can surely create a base impossible to breach.... if I make it correctly.

I had all the items I needed to fix the single tyre except a Jack.

I would spend the next hour of gametime trying to find a Jack.
I would sneak around zombies in the immediate area. Thankfully, a chopper came over and blasted a lot of them down for me. Annoyingly, none of the nearby vehicles had a Jack. In my curiosity to where the zombies were coming from, I went into a nearby building beside the gas station and strip club to clear it out and find some more loot.

I did this. I cleared the building. All the way to the top.
That is when I found a Jack.
On top of the building.

I was honestly perplexed and decided to take a breather for the night. Next time I shall attempt to repair the RV, though that other tyre looks ready to pop too.
I don't know if I will find another tyre.
It'll be an achievement within itself to actually repair one tyre.

I haven't fully looted this building, neither. Not yet.

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
The building was worth looting! A ton of ammo and some very damaged weaponry. I took them with me back to the RV.

Went back to the RV with the jack to repair the wheel. It was foggy, which certainly gave me a scare with a bunch of zombies.

And viola! Wheel repaired!

Now sadly, I did not get very far.
You see, I am not very perceptive Katherine is not very good with mechanics (yet). She did not notice that the engine was ... breaking apart. Quite literally.

Ironically, I managed to break the RV down exactly outside the building I spawned on top of.
I searched for a new vehicle in vain, so I found a ... strangely... untouched apartment complex.
I went through, door by door, apartment by apartment-- finding only one corpse. Mostly all doors were intact. I decided to settle into one of the apartments, just for now.

Its opposite that empty, useless used car salesmanship I was at a few posts ago where I found the RV- right next to the bridge.

My first meal in this new apartment was sadly not made very well.

But its OK.
The previous owner left me some goodies.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Its time to smash

With the RV broken down, I needed to find a new vehicle to tow the RV to my base. It has nearly all my belongings in it, after all. Without it, I will be in dire trouble. In my search to find a car in a new section unexplored, I ventured where great beauty and danger lurked.

I did eventually find a vehicle that ran with a key, albeit one with the smallest gas tank imaginable.
On my way back to the RV, I came across.... this.

One of the helicopters must have dropped it.

I took them all back to my base with the car after towing the RV. Well-- I say 'base.' I mean 'undecorated apartment.' It'll be a lot of work. A nice break from killing zombies, at least.
I put them all together and opened 8 boxes.

Well the good news is, I suddenly have an overbundance of face masks and batteries. Thank you, United States Government.

Over the next few days, I shall begin to decorate my apartment, I think.
It might, after all, become my permanent shelter.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Instead of decorating my apartment, I decided I would search northward on the map for a potentially better spot for a base. I looked at the top image and saw those corner buildings, thinking they would be perfect. Thus, I went up there and began clearing out zombies.

I spent a day clearing zombies before realising the corpses make poor decorations, even if this place was good for a base.
Exploring the apartments next door, I made a fatal mistake. I clicked 'E' to hop a railing... but my character decided to jump out of the window, falling two stories.

Clearing out of the street and quickly making my way through an apartment looking for supplies, I found nothing.
Pulled out the glass with my hand. Quickly bandaged the wounds repeatedly to try and stop the bleeding-- cleaning them constantly as soon as they became dirty.

Panicking I may lose Katherine to this dumb experience of falling out of a window after all the badass zombe killing she has done, I decided to stay in the apartment for half a day to let Katherine heal a bit. The top floor of this apartment would make a good base-- if it was not the literal top floor of a four story building. So many items I cannot be bothered to carry all the way up the stairs constantly.

After half a day passed, I risked walking back a few streets to the original apartment, where I gathered enough item to close the deep wounds.

Spent the next day reading skill books and destroying furniture to raise my carpentry skill.

Things are not looking ideal right now- mostly because I have everything I need to survive.
Sledgehammer to break through walls and closed stores, I could escape the city or find a very safe compound. I have plenty of canned food, enough to survive winter if it ever comes. I have so many weapons that I could constantly fight a few hordes as they come. The only problem is, they are all in the RV which is broken.

The car has the worst fuel consumption I've ever seen. It is useless.

Next time... I might have to do something...
a bit drastic.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
The pilgrimage began. Maid Katrina began her journey across the city. I got lost a few times, especially around the larger apartment complexes. However, I quickly discovered a striking landmark.

Getting through some areas of the city was... a chore.

Some nights were not pleasant.

However, in the end, I found my destination.

Around that corner was my prize.
The one thing I needed in this city since my RV had broken down. The one saving grace in this nightmare of a reality.

I found her.

Midnight Freedom
Adam/Byrne

Unfortunately, the key was with the previous owner. Thankfully, she was not far... in fact, she died only around the corner.

Seems her dress had been utterly destroyed :(

I drove the car back to the fire station to rest for the night before the long, confusing drive home. One of the tyres are low. I hope it does not break on the way back, otherwise this all would have been for nothing.
We killed MANY zombies to reach that car..
Katrina still sleeps rather oddly, too.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Never really looked at the zombie clothes often. What on Earth was this man wearing before he died? >_>

The drive back home was more peaceful than the dangerous journey.
Of course, 'home' is a relative term. Everything is packed to leave. Just need to find a good place.

Deciding that my new home may lay across the water, I used the sledgehammer I found to break through the quarantine baracade onto the bridge.

The blockade held some goodies~

Halfway across the bridge, I came across a mighty machine...
With its key, I have access to a decent war machine.

Across the bridge was another blockade, but far, far smaller and easier to break through.
Especially with some loot from the riot van.

Across the bridge, almost immediately, was a massive walled off area.
I think it is a prison or some form of military base.
I think I may have found my new home if I am able to break down the door and clear the large looking place.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Before heading out, I made certain to have a full stomach, a good sleep and a full tank of gas.

Suited up.

Then it was back across the bridge. I hammered down the front gates of Hell.

I was in.

To my complete and utter dismay and surprise, this place was not a prison nor military base.
It was ... a Mall. I question what manner of Mall has such walls and a watchtower, though it is very cool.

Or at least, I thought it would be very cool.
Until all the zombies realised I was here... and their AI kicked in. When I arrived, everything was perfectly preserved. That did not last long.

My awesome shotgun ran out of ammo more quickly than I would have liked, so I headed back to the bridge for that night temporarily to grab a few guns.
The next morning, I made a makeshift firing line that I could run back to and grab a new gun if needed.
There was plenty of ammo from Lana's cache combined with the bridge's blockade. So long as I did not get bit, I would be fine.

At least-- I thought I would be fine.

Hours pass for me, in-game days pass for Katrina.
Using my car's radio as bait, I would lure most of the zombies in the Mall to the courtyard where I would promptly dispatch of them... before moving into the building.

Floor by floor, I would clear the place.
A helicopter at one point turned up to help, firing on zombies. That was helpful.
Imagine being a military chopper and seeing this.

Finally, at the top floor of the Mall was a science lab-- supposedly testing the zombie virus in its infancy before the outbreak.
There is a mini armony up here. Nothing major, but helpful. I will have to come back to loot it, though.

Katrina had become Death.
Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think this can be my home.
The sheer amount of zombie corpses is just... too overwhelming.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
These mods are making my game a very different experience. Extremely fun: none of them have yet broken my game- only enhanced.

Katrina, after clearing the walled mall, drove down a nearby train track. Couldn't take a screenshot: very tight tunnel, many many boxes filled with various late-game loot I could use if I had an actual base. Sadly, the walled place is too full of dead corpses to be healthy or even bothered to remove them all.
Went to the riverside by the bridge to clean off all the blood.

What I did next was prepare to move.
I moved EVERYTHING I owned in the apartment, RV and spare car into the massive spongebob-coloured trailer.

Midnight Freedom is not looking too good.
But it is time to leave this city.

That trailer has just over 400 carry weight. It slows the car down to 1/4 of it's original speed. But with all my items, I might be able to leave the city for good with all the loot. I know there is LOTS of loot I am leaving behind, but I thankfully know where it all is.
We need to find a good base location... I think it lays beyond the city limits because there are just too many bloody zombies.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Do you think I have enough stuff?

Drove back to where Lana died-- the entrance to the city.
Lingering groups of zombies roamed, but my surplus of ammo and gun made short work of them. The gun keeps jamming, so there were a few close calls. Thankfully, nothing too bad. With a sledgehammer, I broke through the barricades to get through.

Kept getting wedged.

But I managed to get through.

Until finally, I reached the first true barricade.

Smashed through.

Reached another barricade after a while.
I began to take screenshots each time as I did not know which one was the last barricade.

The last checkpoint was a military camp, similar to the one outside the hospital way at the start.
More weapons and ammo here-- but more importantly, a new vehicle.

I will have to come back for this one after I find a home for Midnight Freedom.

We were finally free.
The last checkpoint.

Katrina escaped Raven Creek.