Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Prestige Guild Wonky

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I made a guild and added Fronslin to it so he could help administrate it. However, he doesn't have Nobility ranks and can't use the commands at all. Presumably this extends to all /guild commands for all members, so nobody can use the guild functions unless they've dumped money into something that isn't actually necessary to be in a common organization.

It's probably a fairly simple permissions fix.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
It's been that way since Ptiber wrote it. IIRC it was on purpose to encourage people to actually buy into the nobility ranks instead of friends giving them the benefits of using the system without having to pay their "dues" so to speak. It's been several years so my memory as to why may be lacking, but it's been that way since the start.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I made a guild and added Fronslin to it so he could help administrate it. However, he doesn't have Nobility ranks and can't use the commands at all. Presumably this extends to all /guild commands for all members, so nobody can use the guild functions unless they've dumped money into something that isn't actually necessary to be in a common organization.

It's probably a fairly simple permissions fix.
Check if fronslin actually has the right rank. As far as I remember the rank-allocation made sudden jumps forth and back from time to time.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
It's been that way since Ptiber wrote it. IIRC it was on purpose to encourage people to actually buy into the nobility ranks instead of friends giving them the benefits of using the system without having to pay their "dues" so to speak. It's been several years so my memory as to why may be lacking, but it's been that way since the start.
Right, which makes sense for Mobility, a branch of the plugin. Owning a Guild is certainly something a Noble would do, but working a craft as a Guild member is distinctly non-noble, and so membership use shouldn't be contingent on paying 50k to be a Noble.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Guilds aren't supposed to give the same advantages houses give, but some things like the missing chat(as mentioned back then too) and needing nobility to use rights given by rank are just silly... That being said, re-check if Frons actually has the right rank.
The only thing guild members can really do is tagging items with the guild tag though, which SHOULD work fine.

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Guilds aren't supposed to give the same advantages houses give, but some things like the missing chat(as mentioned back then too) and needing nobility to use rights given by rank are just silly... That being said, re-check if Frons actually has the right rank.
The only thing guild members can really do is tagging items with the guild tag though, which SHOULD work fine.
Lack of access to any /guild command is pretty annoying, especially when that includes banking into the guild, inviting people, promotions, etc...

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I tried testing if it works in my guild, since fronslin is also in there.
Problem is I can't even withdraw money myself because it doesn't recognize the guild name for some weird reason. Well I know what the reason is, namely that it doesn't know where the guild name ends and where the amount starts :p