Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Preparing for 1.15

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Hello everyone,

We're looking at updating to 1.15 within the next week or two, potentially sooner. As a precaution, we recommend everyone remove any listed items from the auction house, and clear out anything in any non-default storage method: Bookshelves, signboards, etc. Signboards should be fine, the plugin that shows books in chests via bookshelves should be fine, but anything stored in a bookshelf itself will not be. This should be done ASAP, preferably within the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
In the thread called "preparing for 1.15," I thought I would share two pieces of critical advice! :D

You cannot break beehives without Silk Touch.
At least, to my knowledge. If we want bees in the overworld, please do not go around breaking beehives in the Sorrows or upsetting bees by stealing their honey, thus stinging you and dying. They are a fragile mob that, in my experience, can die in all manner of ways-- most of which includes breaking their home without Silk Touch and getting them angry enough to sting you. Least of which is dying in water, like moats.

For PvE events, if there are players without armour, try not to spawn Pillagers next to them.
Pillagers are understandably a lot harder mobs to kill than normal undead, though not as hard as Nether mobs. If spawned next to a player without armour (or especially a shield), they will almost immediately kill them. I remember once playing vanilla and spawning next to three Pillager towers-- all three setting to kill me and my friends instantly. There is little anyone can do without some basic armour or a shield.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Are the sorrows gonne be reset Straight away?
The intention is to set up a new sorrows and nether. There may be a delay of a day or two if we run into issues or there's need for time to do a proper set up of a base camp and travel port.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The intention is to set up a new sorrows and nether. There may be a delay of a day or two if we run into issues or there's need for time to do a proper set up of a base camp and travel port.
Could you make a discord announcement for those who might miss this message and have stuff in sorrows?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Could you make a discord announcement for those who might miss this message and have stuff in sorrows?
Indeed, thanks for the reminder.
The Frontier map will stay as is for the time being, even as we move to 1.15.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Are Enderchests safe this time? (Happened before)
AFAIK they should be fine, I think the last chest/enderchest issue had to do with how the game treated containers. If you want to be extra safe I'd recommend stashing it in a chest, but it should be alright.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Reminder to this and probably change shop chests to normal chests for a day (Im sure it said that somewhere).