Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Praes Divina] Finders Keepers - Loot Mechanic

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
=[Praes Divina]=
Finders Keepers
1622044546000.png

Based on the previous success of the loot tables of Nid Arach, it is now possible to find bits of items in Praes Divina, which can be repaired into different objects once all parts are found. The object obtained after the repair is determined by a loot table. These broken bits and pieces have different rarities, which correspond to different loot tables. Rarity is determined by how many of that item you need in order to repair it: Common requires 3 shards to mend, Rare 6, and Unique 10. Once all parts are combined, a roll of the dice will determine which object from your chosen loot table you'll receive. If you don't want to let chance decide, you may choose exactly which item you'd like to receive, by paying 2 extra shards; 5 for Common and 8 for Rare items!

Broken parts can be obtained through RP, by exploring Praes Divina, or as loot in Events.
RolePlay: through awareness checks and DM'ed encounters every so often whilst being present in the region.
Exploration: 1 item on arrival (when I'm on) and 10 chests are relocated and refilled at random (almost weekly) intervals.
Events: A total of 3 pieces are available per person per event, 1 at the start and 2 times a chance to get one.

The following groups are distinguished:

=[Clothing]=
Clothes in the colors of different deities.
All deities are represented and evenly distributed over the rarity classes.
The props are leather (cloth) or gold(ceremonial) armor in different colors.
Common [1/3]
Rare [1/6]
Unique [1/10]

=[Statues]=
Statues depicting different deities or their symbols.
All deities are evenly distributed over the rarity classes.
The props vary from custom heads to giant mc-block statues.
Common [1/3]
Rare [1/6]
Unique [1/10]

=[Objects]=
Objects from common household objects to rare and exclusive items.
Not all objects are divine-related.
The props vary between custom heads, tools, armor, and weapons.
Common [1/3]
Rare [1/6]
Unique [1/10]

=[Books]=
Formally approved, combining 5 pages will yield the character a random prayer book.
This book gives the character IC knowledge of the information in the thread in the divine section of the respective deity.
a book will be recognizable by the lore text added by staff.
Book of Prayer [1/5]

Known Books:
Book of Korog - First owned by Nuvan Kegheart - Fredolator
Book of Visage - First owned by Luna - Opal

=[Loot tables]=
When choosing one of the three tables below, a dice roll will determine which item you end up getting. This means, when choosing the common loot table, that you may very well get 3 times the Sallana boots if you're (un)lucky.

Common: 1-3 different items per deity depending on the group (roll 1d11 for the deity, roll 1d3 for which item).
Rare: 1-3 different items per deity depending on the group (roll 1d11 for which deity, roll 1d3 for which item).
Unique: Infinite different items, never get a double, unique per deity per group (taking preference into account).

[LINK to Praes Divina thread]

Last edited:

Fredolator

Legend of Altera
This is pretty cool, but idk if everybody's just gonna bum rush the loot right at the start of the event or how that will work...

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This is pretty cool, but idk if everybody's just gonna bum rush the loot right at the start of the event or how that will work...
Good question!

Every week I'll drop 10 new chests to find, on new locations. That's first come, first serve. I won't do it on a set day of the week nor time, so that should introduce some variety in who gets them. On top of that, the items you get from RolePlaying here and from joining events are dropped on you.

Back in the day at Nid Arach, I just rolled 1d8 (since I had 8 types of broken items) per player who joined the event and dropped it on them at the start. During events, they had more chances to find things by sometimes doing an 'awareness check'. I can do something similar here. I think that would also be a nice way to show my appreciation to those RPing here and joining events. The more you're there, the more you're bound to find!

EDIT: I also just thought it could be nice that some places always spawn items once a week. 1 for each group on a set location. Introducing reward for knowing the location a bit better :)

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
There, I've added missing parts and made everything proper clear. This should be the final version of the mechanic :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I've been terribly busy these days, so I skipped a week, sorry!
And I wouldn't say when I put them down, but because I skipped a week I'll make an exception.
The 10 chests are placed, feel free to go and look for em. I'll pick up the empty chests once they're all found.

Fredolator

Legend of Altera
Most of the chests were empty, but I found a few shards in the ones that were really hidden. Do I need to break the chests and send them back? Also, I know it says you can pay 2 extra shards to guarantee the item made, but does that mean you get the exact item guaranteed or just the God it's for?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Most of the chests were empty, but I found a few shards in the ones that were really hidden. Do I need to break the chests and send them back? Also, I know it says you can pay 2 extra shards to guarantee the item made, but does that mean you get the exact item guaranteed or just the God it's for?
Good job!
It's most convenient for me if you can break them and send em in the mail, but you can also leave them and I'll go pick em up later :)
You pay 2 extra to choose exactly which item you'd like to get, so that includes which God/Goddess is associated with it!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
A bit of a delay in the refill, so I'll post here now I've restocked.
There's 10 new chests. If you find them, please remove them and /sendmail me the chests and signs please :)
Also, please try to find them on foot rather than flying!
Some more good news: The divine knowledge was approved, so yay :)
Thanks!

Fredolator

Legend of Altera
A bit of a delay in the refill, so I'll post here now I've restocked.
There's 10 new chests. If you find them, please remove them and /sendmail me the chests and signs please :)
Also, please try to find them on foot rather than flying!
Some more good news: The divine knowledge was approved, so yay :)
Thanks!
I've already found 2 of them, one of them in a very cheeky spot and the others I can't seem to place, but I don't have region perms to break the chests and send them back in. Can I just leave the chests there for the time being?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I've already found 2 of them, one of them in a very cheeky spot and the others I can't seem to place, but I don't have region perms to break the chests and send them back in. Can I just leave the chests there for the time being?
ah yes, of course, I didn't take that into account. What's your username? I'll add you to the region :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
My username is literally Fredolator, and I'm still having trouble finding the chests, you must have hidden them really well.
I just added you to the region and checked my mail. Someone else had mailed me one time 5 and another time 3 boxes, so you can stop searching for this week ;)

Fredolator

Legend of Altera
I just added you to the region and checked my mail. Someone else had mailed me one time 5 and another time 3 boxes, so you can stop searching for this week ;)
Lol thank you. Do I ping you if I want to get a divine prayer book with what I have, by the way, and do I need 2 extra paper scraps to guarantee the god for that one?

Fredolator

Legend of Altera
1625693284481.png

Two things: First, I sent you 8 chests and 8 signs. Second, I'm looking to get some Finders Keepers stuff with the shards I've been gathering. I'll PM you for more details.