Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Podric Flanders

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend

Podric Flanders
“While the enemies of the Lightbringer still draw breath, there can be no peace.”

Last edited:

Luam

Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
KEY INFORMATION:
39th year.
Race: Human.
Social Status: Nobility.
Sexuality: [Ignis-Sexual] Heterosexual [Celibate]
Height: 5’10”
Weight: Roughly 200 Pounds.
Date of Birth: The 8th of Snowdown.
Homeland: He was born in Tambry, but raised in Amalfia.
Current Home: Travelling between Haven/Thorne and the Stormhall.

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build: Though Podric is shorter than many male humans, his build is typical of a man who spends his time fighting and training, along with consistent manual labor.
Hair: Podric's hair is a dull ginger, and is usually left unkept, aside from cutting it, as he usually is wearing a mail coif and helmet.
Eyes: Podric's eyes are a fiery yellow, thanks to a new Blessing from Synnove.
Skin: Podric has a pale skin tone, due to his time with his skin covered, and in the Northern Regions of the continent.
Identifying Marks: His right forearm has a cross of Synnove branded into his arm, and his eyes have changed to a fiery yellow and a golden feather marks his right shoulder.
Appearance: Podric is generally seen wearing his armor, making his appearance generally one to look over. Due to a blessing from Synnove, Podric now looks strangely angelic in appearance and paired with his new eye color, looks even more like the religious fanatic that many would claim him as.
Clothing: At the behest of his now fallen friend, Maceo de Courtnay, Podric has acquired various formal outfits. The outfit he wears consist of a silken shirt, a waistcoat and a heavy overcoat or doublet. Though he has taken to wearing his armor significantly more as of late.
Weaponry: Through time and practice, he has become rather skilled with his halberd. Numerous fights have left him somewhat confident in his skills, in that he has barely lost a fight. However, he is aware that he is still nowhere near the best when it comes to combat.
Prized Possessions: Luminescence, Flanders Pendant, his Purity Seal, the Bulwark.
Hygiene: After much time in Knight’s Haven, Podric has adopted a Noble’s style of hygiene, trying to keep himself as clean as he can.
Voice: [Will update this later]

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths:
+ Honest + Loyal + Competent + Pious +
Weaknesses:
+ Very Minor Inferiority Complex + Fanaticism + Paranoid + Impulsive +
Fears:
+ Ignis Synnove + Dragons +
Intelligence: Through many years of study and experience, Podric has become a rather intelligent person, though is still prone to his old idiotic tendencies.
Languages: Podric has taken lessons from both Maceo and others he has known or knew, accumulating knowledge in the following languages:

+Common
Spoken: Fluent
Written: Fluent

+Lavoyarde

+Old Arcturian
Spoken: Conversational.
Written: Fluent.

+Rede

+Elven
Spoken: Conversational
Written: Conversational, but in writing.

+Horgaahn
Spoken: Conversational
Written: Extremely crude.

Profession: Blessed of Ignis Synnove, Blacksmith.

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Personality: There are almost two separate people within Podric. There is Pod, his normal self while he is with friends and allies, a friendly person who cares deeply for those around him. Then there is the Pod who enacts Synnove's will, who acts swiftly
Religion or Cults: Ignis Synnove, the Order of Saint Mathieu.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral.

Goals: [Key]
- = On-going
! = Completed
X = Failed
/ = Ignored/Irrelevant
? = Uncertain

Short Term Goals:
[-] Assist those cursed.
[-] Gather the faithful.
[-] Uncover truth.

Long Term Goals:
[?] Defend Maceo's Legacy
[-] Garner the Lightbringer's Favor
[-] Thorne
[-] Destroy the Undead. All of them.

DIVINELY BLESSED: { Oracle of Ignis Synnove }
[Moved to
Blessed Profile.]

Have some Deus Vult.

Last edited:

Luam

Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
+ Relations +
[I hate doing these]

Family:
His Family

Though he has distanced himself in recent years, there is still an immense amount of pride and respect for the Flanders. He would do anything to help those he encounters and loves his own siblings.

Arielle de Courtnay/du Lavoyard Elz
Though he is not related to the child at all, his time with Maceo’s family has seen him be looked at as an Uncle. He will protect all of Maceo’s children as though they were his own kin.
"You, Sigmar, Francis. All of you deserved better than me. I've given it all I have, but I fear I've still failed in preparing you all for this world. I would tear this world asunder to protect you if need be, Arielle. Please remember that, no matter what mistakes I make."

Daeron Eldrin Jstar
Podric met the Hawklight Lord through Maceo, and has grown from seeing him as just a walking book, to someone who Pod believes he can trust. Among those he considers family, thanks to his de Courtnay ties. The only amusing part of his newest blessing, is both Daeron and Podric have glowing eyes, granted from their Faith, though in separate Deities.

Sigmar Archbishop
Although the boy is more than clearly not of Podric's own blood, he cares for the orphan just as much. If not for Francis, Sigmar would be the closest thing Podric could call a son. After the Dark Order abducted him, he hopes it has been made clear that if anyone dares to touch Sigmar, they will be obliterated off the face of this Continent.
"I care not who your father was. Far as I know, you're a Flanders, if not by blood, then by action and bond. You deserve better than me, but know that I care for you deeply, Sigmar."

Damien Baron2537
The son of Ayda and Cassian, Damien calls Pod an Uncle despite them having no true blood ties. He cares deeply for Damien nonetheless, and it hurt him more than he expected when he heard a Figment had killed Damien, prior to his revival from the Sisterhood. He would do anything to assist Damien, though knows he is more than capable of handling things himself.

Revered: [AKA - The Ignis Section]
Ignis Synnove
The doubt that he briefly harbored has found itself rather brutally extinguished from his mind. In its stead, an unbreakable zeal has been formed, in which Podric will never allow his faith to be shaken again. He has much and more to thank the Lightbringer for, from Luminescence to bringing Francis to the Light, and his unhindered ascent as the Lord of Thorne. He also sees his own survival in the Blighted Plague as a gift of sorts from the Lightbringer, while also being a curse, as he has witnessed many of Ignis' Faithful be killed from the very same Plague.
Once again, Podric finds himself fervently thanking the Lightbringer with the latest Blessing he has been granted. While his past blessings have never been nearly as obvious, he is glad to know that explaining his Faith will be much easier to prove, with his own eyes showing the presence of Synnove.
Again, he thanks the Lightbringer, for keeping him pure from the threat the Cursed Mace placed upon him and those around him and allowing him to hold it for safekeeping for a time until it could be destroyed.

Deus Vult \[T]/

Befriended:
Joseph Seeker JoeJoe

He wishes to see more of his childhood companion, but he knows that his work as a Ranger and Eviscist comes first. He is happy to note that among all those he has come to see as friends, Joseph has changed both the most and the least, still seeing the same person who Podric barrelled into in full plate, causing them both and William to tumble down stairs.

Uriel BoredBrit
Pod has assisted in Uriel's upbringing and rise in faith at a distance, yet he feels somewhat responsible in keeping the Valiant Blessed 'safe', despite the absurdity of the statement now that Uriel has grown. A man in his own right, Pod sees much of himself in Uriel at the same time and has seen him rise above all of the other worshippers to Valiant. His work on Aegis and his overall outlook on justice in the world make him a true beacon of what is right on the Continent.

Leofaren Shankster
The relationship Podric has had with Leofaren over the years has been rocky to say the least. It was difficult for him to move past what he had turned into during and following the Ashen Blight, yet Leofaren and Kopii forgiving his actions was the largest step that Pod was able to take in moving forward himself. He relies on Leofaren's knowledge and advice whenever they are in the same room, and sees him as a true friend now.

- Sugar Ruu Darling
He had met the Lady of House Silveira once or twice, but he has recently found himself speaking with her more often as a result of his decision to take time away from Haven. Likewise, his travels only brought him to Linistel due to Marceau and Illyana, but he has found a fast friend in Sugar. He finds their experiences in life both vastly different yet oddly similar.

Liked:
Leofaren Shankster
The relationship Podric has had with Leofaren over the years has been rocky to say the least. It was difficult for him to move past what he had turned into during and following the Ashen Blight, yet Leofaren and Kopii forgiving his actions was the largest step that Pod was able to take in moving forward himself. He relies on Leofaren's knowledge and advice whenever they are in the same room, and sees him as a true friend now.

Katherine Kane Elz
He missed several years of her life. It appears since she came of age and began to rule, many seemed to disappear from her life, and Pod was one of them. There is a regret to this that he does not think can be easily fixed through his actions. He hopes that she'll at least listen to his advice on the current happenings in Queensport.

Jenette Ruu Darling
Blessed by Shalherana, Pod is often confused by how someone could be this good of a person. Jenette seems to find no issue in putting herself in harm's way if it meant saving another, despite knowing full well she will never be able to fight back. Prior to the issue surrounding the Vial, Pod had really only spoken with Jenette once or twice but was able to speak with her further while she isolated herself in Haven. Though a relatively short period of time, he hopes she succeeds in serving Shalherana and helping others in the Continent.

Rowley Philipe
One of Valiant's Blessed from Blackrush, Rowley is the one Podric has interacted with the most. Of the three Blessed who began their learning under Raalvara, Pod sees Rowley the most like the now missing Countess. His determination and faith in Valiant are unsurpassed by many, bar his fellow Blessed. He has not had many interactions with Rowley outside of important matters that required both of their attention, but he respects Rowley and wishes to speak with him further.

Marceau Morbid
The newest Blessed of Synnove. Pod sees much of himself in Marceau and has told him as much, but already begins to hold him to a higher standard than Maceo had with Pod. He doesn't wish to see Marceau make the same mistakes he or Maceo had in the past, but instead learn from them prematurely. His recent actions at the Cathedral left Pod astounded, but knows that in time he will learn the full extent of how to respond to a situation.

Fronslin Fronslin
Pod doesn't really know what to think of Fronslin. He still thinks that anyone who was part of the Guardians has much to be desired in terms of their intelligence, but can't deny that Fronslin has done a great deal in the past months. There is a budding respect for what he's been able to do and the information he has given Pod.

Cassandra Kakers
He is not happy with how things have gone. Fully aware of the fact this is his own fault, he intends on at least trying to make amends.

Neutral:
Podric’s opinion of many would fall into this category unless specified otherwise.

Kopii Omikuji

He is still uncertain whether to trust Kopii or not, given he seems to be wanting to do the exact same thing that led Podric to believe him to be untrustworthy in the first place- consort with the very beings that wish to destroy all living life amidst the Continent. However, he will give him the benefit of the doubt for now, as his place among the defenders of the realm is of great importance.

Disliked:
None, as of right now.

Hated:
None, as of right now.

Missed:
- Maceo de Courtnay BoredBrit

A true Brother to Pod, in ways that his true brothers were never capable of being. Despite their various differences in life, Maceo’s last act was pushing Podric away from Maceo’s own imminent death. Podric will regret what happened to his fallen brother for the rest of his life. Podric hopes to work towards something he now believes he should have when Maceo had first been killed by Crusade/Valiant.
"Your ambitions great, your friends few. I counted myself among them. I am glad we met, and I'm glad I finally got to say goodbye. Rest in peace, old friend."

- Albion von Godfrey Paint
Another fallen friend. Podric inherited his keep after his death and has utilized it to house his various brothers. Pod regrets not being there for Albion more than he had.

- Henri Bayard Archbishop
Another that Podric admired has been felled. Hearing the death of the Duc, and the destruction of his life's work on this Continent hurt more than he had expected. May he rest with Synnove, beside Maceo, and all he saw as friends, that were called to the Light.

- Francis de Courtnay BoredBrit
His passing effected Pod more than he had expected. He said often and loudly how he saw Francis as his own son, having assisted in raising him since he was a young child. However, after Francis passed following Archon's arrival and the battle for Archon with Strange's forces, it struck Podric to his core. To lose Maceo again and Francis to follow, Podric had brought himself back to Haven for a time to try and calm his mind.
"You were not my blood, but I love you, my son. May you rest with your true family in the Light's embrace."

Last edited:

Luam

Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
+ A R T +
Fun Fact: This character was once in no way supposed to be a serious character.

By Elz: Podric

By Kam: Podric [In Armor, with Luminescence]

By Kam: Luminescence

By Solus: Podric [without armor]

Thank you to all of the artists who've made art of Pod, or of something he owns. It's significantly better than the stick figures I couldn't draw, and I will always be happy with these. Kamaoe Elz Solus

Last edited:

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
you said you were working for weeks on this in a google doc and give me this smh

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
DIVINELY BLESSED: { Sacred of Ignis Synnove}

[Tier I - Divine Spells]
Stun: Stun a creature from making any moves. Effect lasts for 1 combat round. (Only works on animal like creatures, demons, undead, arcane users, or heretics. To use against another character, the user must roll off against the player..) [Touch | Requires skin-to-skin contact - Usable once per day]
Detect Good or Evil: As it says- search for a Holy being, Undead, Beast, or Demon in an rp range. Can estimate how many of that kind, and from which direction. [Thought | must choose only one from the list - Once per day]
[Tier II - Divine Boon]
Sunburst: The caster calls down a gout of light from above to purge the unrighteous in holy flame. Naming, pointing, or otherwise designating a target in their vicinity and declaring a request to smite them calls down the sunburst, leaving them scorched and temporarily blinded. May stun creatures with sensitive eyesight. Incinerates undead and other unholy creatures. Usable once per week. Only works outside and during the day.
[Tier III - Divine Artifact]
Luminescence: A halberd with blade and spikes reminiscent of an artist's wavy depiction of sunlight. Invoking the artifact on a target within 5 meters makes their next statement subject to a DC 15 check, failure of which renders them incapable of willingly stating a lie in it. Can be used biweekly. (Expires after 30 seconds, or until full statement is concluded. Omission is not prohibited by the effect, only willful deception.)

ftfy friendo ( :

Luam

Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Added Relations. [and Art]
yahoo

Last edited:

Luam