Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished {Player Campaign Overview} The Sons of Jishrim- {Violent}

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
THEME

Between the time of Archon's departure, and the rise of the monster Qlippoth, there came an age undreamed of, an age of shining kingdoms, riders of steel, and wars that clouded the sky with smoke and blood. Unto this, the players!- destined to wear titles of glory upon their troubled brows.
It is I, their chronicler, who alone can tell you of their saga. Let me tell you a tale of High Adventure! A tale of..

Hey guys! If you can't tell already, I've been working on a player campaign inspired by Robert E. Howard's Conan the Barbarian series and their subsequent film adaptations. The campaign will revolve around classic fantasy themes, and should be excellent for anyone who loves melodrama, slaying hordes of goons, not thinking terribly hard, and spitting out awesome catchphrases. However, it is violent, and it is likely to get your character injured or harmed (I hope!), so if you're not okay with that, I recommend something else. Further, this is my first time hosting a large-scale campaign, so bear this in mind.

The basic plot overview is simple; stop a genocidal cult of Jishrimites led by their leader Kralak the Defiler, a mysterious but highly charismatic warlord. The campaign should roughly take eight to ten events depending on what happens. However, before we begin, there will be a couple things I need from you guys!

- Firstly, I'll need two or so regions that are poorly defended and consent to violence and some damage.

- Secondly, I'll need some volunteers, namely six or so non-human characters who consent to being kidnapped. These preferably should be your mains, since they'll be playing important roles in the campaign.

- Thirdly, some volunteers to help me DM in especially large, chaotic events.

- Fourth, I'll also need people willing to play sturdy but well-written mini-bosses (which you can help design), some of the numerous goons, and random innocents. There are literally no limits to how many people I will take as temps; the more the better!

- Lastly, I'll need everyone's cooperation and patience, that means not killing the villain five seconds into the story and generally rushing the story along just so you can win. This is something that should be taken slowly, otherwise you'll miss out on chances for glory and mayhem! I do have a rough plotline in mind, and while I want to provide an organic, realistic environment for this campaign, it really isn't fun if people immediately punch straight to the top, you know?

If you're interested in volunteering your regions, characters, or as temps, please DM me in the forums or on Discord.

Now, this thread will serve as a log of player discoveries and general event announcements as the campaign progresses. This is more for my benefit and for anyone who may have missed an event or two, but is still in the campaign. It won't be publicly available knowledge unless explicitly stated. The thread will also serve as a place for me to slap up links and dates to new events.

So, that should be all for now! I really am looking forward to providing a simple, but exciting campaign to you all! Special thanks to TheDuples Bartooliinii Galaxy and Jase for helping me out with character and plot designs, as well as generally being supportive and enthusiastic about this idea. If you have questions, please post them here.

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Campaign Progress Log

Updates will be in Red.

- 5/23/20 - I have found all the people I need to act as mini-bosses and as spare minions.

-6/9/20- I found volunteers to be kidnapped a couple weeks back, and some of them will now be kidnapped. A post will be made in the rumors thread soon.
- First of the camps has been built. It's an easy, simple one this time around.
- Sanardu has been raided! Three PCs have been captured!
MelodyComplex Elz TheDuples
- 6/16/20 -
Cassandra has been kidnapped!
Kakers
- The Sons of Jishrim Camp at Nid Arach has been discovered, and was nearly compromised! The attackers were driven off with no casualties, though the SoJ took six casualties.
- Boetius and Cassandra have Escaped, leaving behind a dozen or so NPC prisoners, Innis, and Aelyth.

6/20/20- After slaughtering a dozen or so raiders, Charles du Lavoyard, Aryn, Boetius Forehorn, and Eren Abel have found a cryptic map detailing where the SoJ camps are, but it is cryptic. Further, they have found the location to the camp where the Empress is held. Thanks for coming guys!
- 6/23/20- Aislin and a few dozen Astremians have gone missing! Galaxy (tagging Icanra to let ya know ;) )

Part One Has Ended

- 6/26/20 Valuable information has been found regarding the location of the SoJ Camps after a map containing a faulty legend/set of icons had been found earlier.
- The First Camp Has been Liberated. Kralak grows nervous, and seeks to bolster himself.

T-Minus, like, two weeks until I have everything else set up, maybe longer if my freetime somehow goes out the window, which I doubt.

Part Two

- 7/16/20 - Aislin and Lina of Astrum have gone missing. As has Stella of Linistel, and Kublai has not been seen in a while. In the south, there are rumors of armed strongholds being constructed, and some have seen a vast number slaves being corralled through the valleys of the Broken South..

-7/21/20- A search was done in the Sewers, several documents were found, alongside crates. A mage has Beheld something useful. A devious juggler is in jail. A brave Able man searches the sands for truth.
Three sisters are due for Astrum.\
- 8/2/20- It appears there were five sisters, but only three remained. Astrum fought off the minions of Jishrim, but Kralak and his armies remain, intent on seizing slaves from somewhere else. A deal has been made with an ally, and a brave girl escaped the strands of Jishrim after a day, and returned home a hero.

-12/5/20- After many months of silence, the glorious heroes of Altera have found themselves in the heartlands of the Sons' territory. They stole an enchanted sword and slaughtered some of Kralak's best riders; the end is nigh for the wicked Order.

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I am looking for people interested in playing goons and mini-bosses! I'll need at least 4 or so mini-bosses, and I will literally take as many goons as possible. Anyone interested on being in a list of people I can call upon?

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
So, some player characters and a bunch of elves have been taken prisoner by the Sons of Jishrim, and there will be more! They will be taken to a way-station soon in the form of a small encampment, the first of many camps on their way to an unknown location, where Kralak awaits...

Some prisoners may be interrogated, some may be forced to do manual labor. Hopefully we can get such RP underway as soon as my camp is WE’d in. Special thanks to Elz for letting me use her region :^)

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Another update, I am beginning to establish groups of players. The first is of prisoners, who will try to escape or be generally pushed around in the camps. The second are of rescuers or people interested in getting involved.

I aim on trying to do some Prisoner RP every day or at least a few days every week. Keep in mind that some prisoners will be transferred to different camps as the rescuers continually attack the raiders as they return to their hideout.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Oh also! Prisoners get the choice between having forum-RP (where you face dilemmas and are asked to roll for certain events/your day-to-day health) or to log on for in-server RP, which is arguably more fun, since you can collaborate with your fellow captives and plan an escape or way of contacting the outside world. I’m going to try and log on as Kralak or his Guard as often as possible so there’s some sort of activity in the camps, the location of which I will privately tell prisoners. In general, if you want prisoner RP, just lemme know!

Either way, let me know what you prefer- you can change your options at any time.

Elz TheDuples MelodyComplex
@otherprisoners

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Hey friends, Rygan and his bois are going to be taking part in a DMed Search for the Prisoners and Raiders. There might be some CRP involving patrols. This will be on Saturday, at 1 PM CST. You are all welcome to join. It will be taking place near Mockingbay, but any action will be outside the city. Samiwashere

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Hey friends, Rygan and his bois are going to be taking part in a DMed Search for the Prisoners and Raiders. There might be some CRP involving patrols. This will be on Saturday, at 1 PM CST. You are all welcome to join. It will be taking place near Mockingbay, but any action will be outside the city. Samiwashere
WOO

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
In Nid Arach, it would appear that many of the soldiers in the Sons of Jishrim camp have departed with all of their equipment and supplies, possibly to regroup with Kralak’s main force, which is hidden away in the wilderness. Others have been sent to quietly reinforce slaver camps. A dozen or so of Kralak’s elite, heavily armored bodyguards have been stationed in Nid Arach as a last ditch attempt to stave off attackers.

Bartooliinii Sussurous drbrownca WinterTheOnly Magic Intern Jazzper Rygan

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
In Nid Arach, it would appear that many of the soldiers in the Sons of Jishrim camp have departed with all of their equipment and supplies, possibly to regroup with Kralak’s main force, which is hidden away in the wilderness. Others have been sent to quietly reinforce slaver camps. A dozen or so of Kralak’s best bodyguards have been stationed in Nid Arach as a last ditch attempt to stave off attackers.
Bartooliinii Sussurous drbrownca WinterTheOnly Magic Intern Jazzper Rygan
Good to know! Glad to hear some stayed cause Nid Arach would be proper empty of villain NPCs without em haha