Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[On Hold] 1.14, The Sorrows, The Nether, and you.

D

Dark Auras

Update: Hey folks,

As most have been wondering, 1.14 is on an indefinite hold. Our progress has halted because of a few core plugins of Hollowworld that we can't work to adjust for 1.14. A lot of our self-created code is complicated to understand in Java with the limits we currently have, and they're vital for all the Hollowworld plugins to run with. Our options are to outsource help again and possibly pay for it, find replacements for our code, or wait for a time when we can pursue this properly.

We'll be continuing with 1.13 for the time being. I'll be compensating the promised 2exp for the Donations in August and adjusting it for a time in december. There'll be a new sorrows and nether in 1.13 as well to start it off. Stay tuned.

Hi all,

Now that I have some additional testing and development resources at my disposal, here comes 1.14.(4). It won't be an overnight upgrade however it I am setting a target date of August 16th, 2019 as upgrade day. I'll release more specific and confirmed timing as the day approaches.

With this, we will be resetting both the Sorrows and the Nether. These maps have been overdue for a wipe for a bit but we've been pushing back until 1.14.4 was stable.

I do not expect issues like we had migrating from 1.12 > 1.13, and it will be thoroughly tested in a development environment before we make the changes to the main server.

Any questions please let me know here

Last edited by a moderator:

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Should we still take precaution and move books from bookshelves -> chests?

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
This is a general question for everyone, I so far have not been able to load 1.14 at all. I’m on Windows 8 for reasons I’d rather not go into and won’t be able to get windows 10 until Christmas. Does anyone have any suggestions to try and get 1.14 to run on my very old very slow laptop?

Last edited:

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
This is a general question for everyone, I so far have not be able to load 1.14 at all. I’m on Windows 8 for reasons I’d rather not go into and won’t be able to get windows 10 until Christmas. Does anyone have any suggestions to try and get 1.14 to run on my very old very slow laptop?
delete the tentacle stuff from your computer it'll free up so much space

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
I hope conquest updates soon. Gonna be a pain not having the custom weapons and armor.

Still, those tamable foxes and SCAFFOLDING BLOCKS are worth it 100%.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I hope conquest updates soon. Gonna be a pain not having the custom weapons and armor.

Still, those tamable foxes and SCAFFOLDING BLOCKS are worth it 100%.
You can still use conquest I think. It just doesnt have all the textures so some will look stupid

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Is there going to be new lore dealing with the new crossbow enchantments?

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Can we please get a plugin that negates the Berry Bush damage?
I'm also request changes to brewery recipes now :D

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
You can still use conquest I think. It just doesnt have all the textures so some will look stupid
As far as I remember it doesn't really work with optifine 1.14, so the connected textures are out and I'm pretty sure the custom items are too. I'll have to test that out later, though.

D

Dark Auras

We will be running a public beta of 1.14.4 to catch any bugs we may have missed. It will take place at 3PM-8PM EST on Friday, August 9th. We will offer players who come bugtest 1,500 radiants. More info to come!

D

Dark Auras

This is delayed 1 week at least. Unforeseen circumstances and an incredibly busy schedule.

I'll provide more when I know more.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hey folks,

As most have been wondering, 1.14 is on an indefinite hold. Our progress has halted because of a few core plugins of Hollowworld that we can't work to adjust for 1.14. A lot of our self-created code is complicated to understand in Java with the limits we currently have, and they're vital for all the Hollowworld plugins to run with. Our options are to outsource help again and possibly pay for it, find replacements for our code, or wait for a time when we can pursue this properly.

We'll be continuing with 1.13 for the time being. I'll be compensating the promised 2exp for the Donations in August and adjusting it for a time in december. There'll be a new sorrows and nether in 1.13 as well to start it off. Stay tuned.

D

Dark Auras

I tried my best, but I could not update some of our core plugins. I have since left HollowWorld but I have been in contact with Squidziod on how to best handle this.