Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

NOTICE OF SPECIAL COMMUNITY DIRECTIVE

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
NOTICE OF SPECIAL COMMUNITY DIRECTIVE

Hello,

I’ve debated about whether or not to wait and post this tomorrow (due to the unfortunate date), but have determined that this is an announcement best made with immediate haste since it directly affects the quality of the community, and hence should be taken into account for donation purposes. This information — and the plan of action developed to deal with said, as of yet unmentioned information — have been received and developed within only (approx.) the past thirty hours. We worked as fast as we could.

Our host will be shutting down its services due to severe staff imbalances sustained by extraordinary exposure to Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19). I do not have all the information on exactly how this came to be, only that we need an immediate solution for hosting.

Luckily, with the help of a massive, gnarled bundle of cat-5 and coaxial cables, as well as fourteen different VCRs, I have managed to Frankenstein together an analog system in my basement that runs off of VHS tapes. I call the system “Omega Superstar OS” (or OSOS) after the two tapes that are housing our core infrastructure: Megiddo: The Omega Code 2, and Jesus Christ Superstar. OSOS is impossibly complicated, in fact, I hardly understand why or how it works myself. I do know it requires a constant feed of tapes to meet the storage and other performance demands of our community, and even with that given, the quality of service will be somewhat abysmal. However, it will work… for now.

All alt accounts are suspended indefinitely, and max IG-time (time you may spend logged in) is set to fourty minutes to avoid overloading our new analog system. We had a very brief trial run of OSOS earlier today, and as a result, some users had trouble loading in. We will do our best to help combat this, so please create a ticket or @staff in the discord “bugs” channel if you have problems. Our servers will be fully reliant on OSOS by Midnight tonight, Pacific Standard Time.

Thanks for your understanding,

— SQ​

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
I will begin my raging panic thread now. Thank you for your time.