Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

No Intermission

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
AND FOR OUR NEXT ACT…

Out on the road today​
I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac​
A little voice inside my head said:​
‘Don't look back, you can never look back’​

Server ownership is changing hands: Solus is stepping down, and I will be taking over her post. As anyone should expect, a decision like this was made in the total absence of haste, not only for Solus but for myself as well. There was plenty of deliberation and discussion, and Solus has taken all necessary action in preparing me. I have been, therefore, already introduced to the responsibilities inherent to this job; I expect to continue learning and growing into this new role as I take the community forward. I am not at this time, introducing any other serious changes. My new position as Owner is in and of itself the biggest change for the present time. Staff is working the same way, we have the same Dept. Leads, and all present protocol is being adhered to. I am retaining lead over Lore Dept.

My goal for us is the same as my predecessor — stability and longevity for the community, and quality in the people and ideas that make it up. This goal does not represent or embody change, but instead is characteristic of dedication. This community has engrossed me in one way or another since 2011, and it's worth mentioning that because truly, I am nowhere close to being the only one who has become so attached to what we have. And what we have here is a unique and genuinely special community, one that is able to draw together friends from across the globe and find old members revisiting years later. Thankfully we’re in a good spot right now, by most if not all conventional metrics, and I am confident that our community will continue to follow this trend. I have faith in our Staff Team, and faith in the Playerbase. I have faith that we are where we are right now, not out of any accident, but due to the deliberate actions of those so invested in Hollowworld. Thank you, Solus, for getting us to where we are right now. Thank you to the rest of the Staff Team, thank you to the Mentor Dept., and thank you to the Playerbase.

We've all gotten a little bit older, and some of us have found changes in the world around us. Others, have found the need for change. But for all the good we've seen — and for all that's come up a little short — where we were, is nothing to dwell on. We are moving on ahead, and I’m going to put forth my best effort in taking the torch.
So here's to the road we're on, and to those bittersweet changes around us… and here's to not looking back, but to looking forward.

Thank you,
SQ​

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Thanks for posting this. Of course change can get us a bit stressed, but this message is very re-assuring. At least, to me.
I have all the faith in you too, Squid, that the future will not see some of the horrors we've left behind long ago.
As a player I trust blindly in the current staff-team and I can't stress it enough; thanks for putting out such a comforting and strong message.
Indeed, HW is something precious and to know it's being handled with all the care and respect possible is incredibly comforting.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Squidziod! Squidziod! When will you elect yourself as Chairman President Admiral of Hollowworld!!

pushes a microphone into his face

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
01101101 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01110011 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01111010 01101001 01101111 01100100