Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Management Position: Chief–of–Staff

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hollowworld,

This is an announcement of a new position which Admin has collectively identified as being necessary for community and Staff Team health. Server management is a difficult affair, and while my Admin do an excellent job running their respective departments, there is a need for additional support. To meet this demand, and increase the efficiency of our management, we have elected Lannis to the role of Chief–of–Staff, and he will be performing these duties alongside his H&S Admin duties effective immediately. The role is defined as follows:

***​

The Chief–of–Staff (CoS) is a leadership role second only to Owner, and is therefore empowered with executive authority over project management for all departments.
The CoS serves the Staff Team in the following ways:
+ Ensures that progress is made on projects on a weekly basis, with some finish date in mind to meet whatever “finished” has been defined as;​
+ Helps teams communicate and remove impediments to progress;​
+ Makes judgement calls for project direction where necessary.​
The CoS serves the Owner in the following ways:
+ Helps strategize community direction;​
+ Keeps owner informed of team project status;​
+ Manages Admin team in Owner’s absence;​
+ Assists in organizing monthly recap meetings.​
Notes:
This role relies heavily on the judgement of the CoS and the Owner’s trust in that judgement. Communication and rapport between the two is heavily emphasized. CoS is responsible for close team management, goal setting, and helping solve project challenges. CoS is necessarily able to give “yes” and “no” calls to project direction questions. Questions or concerns about any given department should still primarily be directed specifically to that dept. Admin, but the CoS is empowered to speak on behalf of the Owner regardless. CoS may be an Admin themselves, and if this is the case, they are expected to manage both sets of responsibilities in tandem.​
***​
Thank you everyone for reading, please be sure to congratulate Lannis and wish him good luck. My confidence in him is second to none, as he has repeatedly demonstrated himself to be a dedicated and dangerously capable member of my team. Beyond that, my trust in him as a friend and colleague is absolute. He is, without a doubt in my mind, the best person to fill this role and I am very happy he has agreed to take this demanding job.

Onward and upward,

SQ