Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Music Help Requested

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
HogoShi_Kitsune
HogoShi_Kitsune
Legend
I don't know if anyone else here dabbles in music, but is there anyone available who could give this transition a listen? It doesn't sit right with me but I can't place my finger on what's actually wrong with it...

https://clyp.it/vtakrem3
I'm working on a mix for a convention and I've hit a bit of a bind....

Edit: If you're not familiar with it, clyp.it is a site for DJs who are looking for opinions or help on "clips" of music.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I think this needs more bass, imo.
Typically for that I use a phat saw.

Just use one saw wave in an osc, put about 16 voices and detune heavily. Pitch down about an octave or two and there you have it. You probably already know the next part but cut the low lows and add a sub~
Gonna listen more to give thoughts on the transition
What DAW you use, boy?

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Oh my god I’m an idiot hecking discard my advice

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
HogoShi_Kitsune
HogoShi_Kitsune
Legend
I think this needs more bass, imo.
Typically for that I use a phat saw.

Just use one saw wave in an osc, put about 16 voices and detune heavily. Pitch down about an octave or two and there you have it. You probably already know the next part but cut the low lows and add a sub~
Gonna listen more to give thoughts on the transition
What DAW you use, boy?
Oh my god I’m an idiot hecking discard my advice
Haha it's no worries. These are two different songs that I'm mixing together in Audacity because I don't have any better software.

Colonelgames

Lord of Altera
Legend
Colonelgames
Colonelgames
Legend
At about 0:28, the transition sounds like it happens too quickly.

Perhaps you could add in a few of those higher pitched ascending notes (during 0:17-0:19) fading out during the transition?

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
HogoShi_Kitsune
HogoShi_Kitsune
Legend
D'oh! I forgot to say I figured it out. The issue was that Ison was in the wrong key. Once I adjusted the pitch, everything clicked together naturally.