Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mercury_Steve's Application [Accepted - Wake]

MercurySteve

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him
Mercury_Steve
Mercury_Steve
Patron
The Whitelist Application Form
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username
?
Mercury_Steve

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
I'm from Scotland, time zone is GMT.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have read each of them.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information that hasn't been gained through any in character interaction in a roleplay situation, such as the appearance under a cloaked figure, their name, etc.
Powergaming is having a character who, by all means, can not lose in any situation and always stands out as the "best"; it can come in the form of forcing an action (for example, snatching an item out of another character's hand rather than attempting to, therefore giving the other roleplayer a chance).

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, any client side mod that gives an unfair advantage is not allowed and any I'd be unsure about should be queried with a member of staff.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
I am currently a Scottish student at an English university doing a BA Acting course. I'm in my second year and enjoying it thoroughly despite the current pandemic situation. I have my own pet fish and enjoy a large variety of music, theatre and gaming. I also spend a lot of time playing Dungeons and Dragons, both playing and running my own game weekly. I am currently trying to find amateur work online for voice acting and to expand my own portfolio. Though in the mean time, I'm looking to return to the Minecraft roleplaying scene after a good few years break and hopefully join an active and mature community.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Through google searching, eventually finding the server on Minecraft-MP.com.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Malark Tallstag

Character Age:

Character Race:
Kaltic Human

Appearance:
Hair: Brown, Medium length, Fairly maintained
Eye Colour: Blue
Skin Colour: Pale white
Scarring: None
Height: 6'2
Build: Meso-Ectomorph
Clothing: Simple clothing, white tunic, grey/white winter pelt cloak, black leather boots.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
With and without cloak: WITHOUTCLOAK.PNGWITHCLOAK.PNG

Reference appearance image: REFDONE.jpeg

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

Malark Tallstag was abandoned by his parents at birth. He was left outside of an orphanage located within the Kaltic homeland and grew up there most of his life. Holding no faith, aspirations or belonging to himself, he only clung to the friends he made in the orphanage, only wishing to survive and one day leave to see the world outside. Those who looked after him taught him to be kind to those of less fortune as he is, giving Malark a great sense of empathy and willingness to help the common person. He never took pride in having possession, nor did wealth entice him. This makes him easy to exploit, as his kindness can be his blindfold to great evils in the world, leading to him growing pacifist ideals.

At his time at the orphanage, he learned only the basic needs one had to know; he learned the Common tongue, able to speak and write it. He was taught the basics of the Rede language by those who cared for him.
When he was 18 years old, he was tasked by the orphanage to go to the nearby market to gather food for the night's meal. During his journey there, through the coldness of the thick winter, he came across a cloaked traveller struggling to reach their destination. They were clearly not native to these lands. Offering his cloak, he assisted the traveller to a nearby tavern for shelter. The traveller thanked him and they got to talking, as Malark sure wasn't reaching the market in the heavy storm. The traveller spoke of their own worship to the god 'Visage', that they were on their own journey to learn. This was the moment Malark felt a true interest in something other than survival. He asked the traveller how he could learn more, and was given a small book which detailed the basic tenets of The Watcher, his titles, and a brief history.

Malark spent 4 more years at the orphanage assisting the now older and frailer caretakers run it. However, eventually, his own curiosity of the world outside of his small community grew until he eventually decided to travel. He took to the nearest road he could find and, under his recently found faith to The Watcher, begun his search to learn the mysteries and culture the world could offer. He also swore that he would never pursue a path of violence, regarding it as a roadblock to knowledge. He is a pacifist through and through. He dedicates himself to become one of the world's leading scholars, despite being unlearned of much of the world's history, and to help the common folk, never forgetting where he came from.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Hello Steve! Welcome to Hollowworld!

Lockdown is not easy for a university student. I feel for you. I am also jealous you managed to convince your landlord to get a fish. When I was a student in Chichester, they were VERY against any form of pet of any kind to all of us. Honestly, I wish the best for you-- please always keep true to your studies and you will go far :) Falter behind and expect not fate's mercy! I hope Hollowworld can give the RP you desire in your free time! :heart:

Normally characters from an orphanage, especially one with Visage in their backstory, is frowned upon. Generally speaking, a Visage follower would not tell anyone they are a Visage follower. It is a difficult God to follow for this simple reason. A Visage that tells another they are a Visage is a poor Visage indeed! Despite this, your knowledge of Rede and coming from a Kaltic background is admirable! The current rulers of the Kaltstaat is Queen Katherine Kane and King Asher Varyn, whom rule from the city of Queensport. Contact Elz or Blarg for RP with them in the future! :D They'll love to have you!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.