Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Market Festival {20th June - 4PM EST} [Moderate]

DizPanda

Official Alteran
Patron
DizPanda
DizPanda
Patron
I've added stalls and placed names on each for you guys (unless its an NPC one) - Feel free to go in and add things or whatever to them. The tent for Maebh is added, but I am struggling for room on a board and I am unsure to the size it needs to be for you, Bartooliinii - If you can find space that's good but I think it might have to go on without if its as big as the Frostwarts one.

This is in the noble market district too btw. :)
Oh! Just to let you know Kakers and I would share a stall since we are both for Siren's Remedy. :3

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Oh oops - You guys can pick one then and I'll use the other for some other NPC seller. :)

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
This is today! There's no need for a 'host' so this can simply begin officially from 4PM EST. :) All welcome.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Fred came to the market with almost empty pockets. Bought a hat for 200, some blister salve for 40 radiants.

Then he got a silver coin from a noble king, a big radiant from a noble lady and then 500 radiants from a white haired man and another 150 from a knight.

He gained money from going to a place to spend it. That's the power of a bad harvest.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Big turn out - It got pretty chaotic with so many people but it was fun! Thank you to everyone who attended, no matter how briefly. :D

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Just to clear some things up so players know where the items came from and what happens with the money as per concerns:

All items at the Market Festival were spawned in via creative, and lored/named after by me. All items were placed in villager shops as to make sure the emeralds gained in their sale would filter into the chests nearby, and not into my account. All emeralds once I clear and revert the area back to its pre-festival state will be deleted. I did not do this event in order to make items via creative and personally benefit from the cash that came in as a result of their sale - I did this event to provide a variety of items to the playerbase and to provide an enjoyable atmosphere with no ties to anyone or anything. I did not do this event to reap in the profits from spawned in items.
I did purchase a few of them myself after the event begun and others had gone around for a while (with my own emeralds from the bank) but saw no issue in doing so (and did not buy many) as they were readily available to players for the same prices. I did not make any items in mind to directly benefit my own characters.

I encourage players who are unsure to what I am doing, and who suspect I would instead abuse my staff perms to profit from such sales/events, to message me in the future. It is demotivating and if I am honest, upsetting, to think that players will assume the absolute worst of me first before anything else.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I had fun, Elz. Thank you for setting this up. And thank you for all the vendors who set up shop. I didn't manage to get to all of them.

Not sure what's up, but I'll second people directly talking to you or anyone they're concerned about when it comes to staff abilities. It's healthier to clear the air and everyone involved may actually feel better about it.

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
I agree with Solus, Thank you Elz, it was very fun to be at. I enjoyed the idea behind it.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
It was extremely fun to see lore items and purchase them once again =) It was even more fun to be a shopkeeper for the first time in forever. I greatly enjoyed this event and it made the summer solstice-- Fadma-- feel special. You did a fantastic job giving people permissions and you did an amazing job setting up the items to be bought. Thank you so much for this event, Elz :)

To make matters better, you lore'd in the date of the event! :D That makes the items feel so much more!
An item to look back on and say "I enjoyed that event... Thanks to Elz!"

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I loved the event for the short-time I was here. I'm upset that people thought that you would be so underhanded, though :/

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I ended up having a really busy day, I'm very sorry I missed out :C Sounds like it was a really fun time!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Bought almost one of each lore item, so expect a chance to get that as loot in Nid Arach if you missed out :)

ZeAfroGentleman

Lord of Altera
Hero
ZeAfroGentleman
ZeAfroGentleman
Hero
While I personally didn't buy any of the lored items (mainly because Rook doesn't really have a need for most of the items, or would be interested in them. Looking from the character's point of view) I did appreciate they were lored with the date as well. I had great fun with the event, and it's been awhile since I had the fun of playing Rook in a setting that's almost completely foreign to his own. The fact he's now selling his wares at a stall, rather than having people come to him for commissioned stuff. I loved the event however, it was great, perms were given quickly when asked. Overall a good event. Jax would have been proud.