Opal

Loyal Servant of Altera

- Maple of Astrum -

maepol.jpg
Art by abirosse#0269 :heart:

Name:
Maple Rothguard
Full Titles: None
Nickname/Alias: "Girl" (-Strangers at Storm's Landing), "maebin" (-Ronak Rothguard), "May" (-Seeker)

~||MUSIC||~

Theme
Theme2

Adventuring

~||KEY INFORMATION:||~

Race: Human
Social Status: Middle-ish class
Sexuality: Gay
Height: 5'0
Weight: 115 lbs
Date of Birth: Unknown
Date of Death: N/A
Homeland: Storm's Landing.
Current Home: The Astrum smithy

~||PHYSIOLOGY:||~

Build:
Average for her age. The amount of cookies she eats and the meals she skips balance out.
Hair: Wild, red and very curly. It's usually messy due to Maple's constant running around. Her hair was recently cut just below her shoulders due to the tangles
Eyes: Sea-green and large. Dotted with large flecks of orange and red.
Skin: Very pale, with a smattering of freckles on her cheeks and upper arms.
Identifying Marks: Veinlike scars on her hands and wrists.
Appearance: Maple has an average build, with muscles beginning to develop on her arms due to constant training and climbing. She has curly red hair that puffs up around her head and large, green eyes speckled with orange. Her skin is very pale with scattered freckles along with a network of scars on her hands. She's grown much after having actual food and shelter, and now looks her age.
Clothing: Maple usually wears a brown tunic and pants, along with her favorite black shawl and some leather boots.
Weaponry: A scimitar she won in a carnival game, and a Shalheranan dagger she also won in a carnival game.
Prized Possessions: A red sketchbook gifted to her by her father.
Hygiene: Not the best in the world. Maple commonly smells like sweat, seawater, or both.

~||QUALITIES AND FLAWS:||~

Strengths:
Determination, ability to read people, physical agility, devotion to those she loves
Fears: Maple is terrified of the ocean.
Weaknesses: Distrusting, recklessness, clumsiness, insensitivity
Intelligence: No formal schooling. Maple has been taught how to read and write by her father.
Languages: Maple speaks Common and Astremian.
Profession: Unemployed. She sells her art for spare change but has no formal profession.

~||ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:||~

Personality:
Upon first meeting Maple, she would most likely seem either friendly and brash or hot-headed and reckless. Maple is determined, honest and easy to impress, appreciating all types of skills. She's very good at reading other people's emotions, however, she's a bit blind as to how to deal with said emotions. Maple is reckless and constantly overestimates her abilities, causing her to ignore the warnings of others and do what she wants, however dangerous the outcome might be.

Religion or Cults: Maple's never considered herself very religious, after all, her life has been a constant struggle for survival. It isn't a priority of hers to find a religion or a god to start praying to.

Alignment: Chaotic good

Short Term Goals:

~Learn how to swordfight - Clement told her it was important to Eviscists.
~Get her father’s memories back. - [Complete!]
~Help Uku on his quest to contact all the Divines.
~Kill some monsters
~Convince Aislin to unbond

Long Term Goals:

~Learn eviscism
~Love Aislin
~Pay back her adopted father for all that he's done for her. [Incomplete]

~||TRIVIA:||~

Favourite...

Place: The Fort ruins on Astrum
Pastime: Training with others; most commonly Thryss.
Food: Cookies
Drink: Strawberry milk
Colour: Yellow
Animal: Dragons

~||INVENTORY:||~

General Inventory:

~ A leather satchel she’s carried for most of her life.
~ A collection of drawings bound together with twine This was burnt when Maple set the Bastion bridge on fire.

~ A juggling pin she found in a warehouse
~ A worn-down piece of charcoal for drawing
~ A filthy doll, given to her by a “performer”.
~ An iron dagger
~ A wooden, nicked training sword
~ A small fishing rod
~A crossbow bolt from a Jishrimite she escaped. She keeps it as a souvenir.
~A red sketchbook, along with a quill and inkpot.
~A silver bell, given to her by a friend.
~A Shalheranan dagger she won in a carnival game
~An Arachian tower shield she also won in a carnival game
~A scimitar she, unsurprisingly, won in a carnival game.

Least Favourite...
Place: Anywhere near open water
Food: Maple will eat anything, so she doesn't exactly have a least-favorite food.
Animal: Maple's a fair bit afraid of draft horses. She's scared they'll trample or eat her.

~||RELATIONS:||~

Loved:

Ronak Rothguard (FEARxTHExJOKER) ~~~ Her adopted father! “I really, really, really don't deserve ya.”

Aislin (uhavebeengalaxyd) ~~~ Maple's girlfriend! "Please, just... listen to me. I'll do anything."

Trusted:

Foxbells (Sussurous) ~ One of Maple's most valued friends. Although she doesn't understand half of what the woman says, she admires her deeply. "Fox's one of my best friends! I hope someday she'll be able to trust me more."

Rai (uhavebeengalaxyd) ~ Brought Maple to Astrum, and convinced her to come back after she ran away. "Rai brought me here, so how could I not love her?! After all, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have met my family."

Quill(Juvix_) ~ Astrum's healer, whom has had to heal many of Maple's constant injuries. "I'm grateful that you put up with how much I manage to get myself hurt.."

Befriended:

The Seeker (FizzyDrinks) ~ "Please just don't try to bite me again."

Thryss Vendolyn (Ellievator) ~ "I'd tell ya to stop getting hurt, but... "

Lana Wake(I_am_Wake) ~ "Ya know, I really should ask you about more stuff..."

Elwin Dur(SpiritBloodz) ~ "My stalker-turned-comrade-turned-friend. I hope you actually listen to me about the elemental..."

Liked:

Lune Tek'ton (Icanra) ~ "Okay, so /maybe/ you're not so bad."

Maebh (Magic_Intern) ~ "She knows magic! And she can sing, and tell fortunes, which is great."

Gerry McIvy (Jeroxia) ~ "I owe ya one."

Lady Milah Sicarus-Freyr (Jasper151627237 ) ~ "You trust me, I think, for some reason... aside from trying to pull me away from magic, you're pretty alright."

Clement (Rustard) ~ "I wish you'd stop thinking I was so helpless... but I guess you have a reason to."

Hakovi (Juvix_) ~ "He has wings!! He's like, a bird! But a person too!"

Neutral:

No one

Unsure of:
Kazu (Zitrine) ~ "Hey, turns out he's alright after all..."

Wary of:

Illyrana (Yuki_the_Witch) ~ "The hell'd you attack Dad for?"

Afraid of:

No one

Disliked:

Ruckus (WHATARUCKUS) ~ "This 'twat' chopped a crab's leg off and set fire to a whole nest of 'em. How ya like me now, huh?! Still need a fuckin' bodyguard?"

Jonah Noether (GeneralFisher5) ~ "Bitch."

Hated:

No one

Missed:

Phi (Zitrine) ~ Once Maple's mother. "Sorry. Hope I... can see you again, I guess."

~||SKILLS:||~

Combat Skills:
Swordplay: [6/10] -
"I think I’m getting better!"
Hand-to-Hand: [4/10] - "I can throw a pretty decent punch."
Magic: [0/10] - "Someday, I hope..."
Agility: [8/10] - “No one can catch /me/!”

Utility Skills:
Sewing: [3/10] -
"Ugh. Boooo-ring."
Handwriting: [4/10] - "Everyone keeps saying my Y's look like G's."
Reading: [5/10] - "Thanks, Dad!"
Cooking: [0/10] - "Sorry about that pan..."
Cleaning: [1/10] - "Why? I don't mind dirt."

Practical Skills:
Climbing: [10/10]
- "I can climb anything, even a solid wall! Well, maybe not that."
Swimming: [0/10] - "No."
Writing: [3/10] - "Not /my/ fault every word has extra E's."
Art: [9/10] - “Didn't think I'd actually get this good, heh.”
Singing: [9/10] - "No one must know."
Construction: [2/10] - "...I built a toy horse once? It broke within five minutes, but still."
Forging: [2/10] - "Sorry about those tongs, Dad! Hope they weren't expensive!"
Survival: [8/10] - "Used to it."
Woodcutting: [0/10] - "How do you even lift this thing?!"

My in-game name is: WaterPrincess_

Last edited:

Opal

Loyal Servant of Altera
updated to add more skills and relations, as well as an inventory section

Citrine

Legend of Altera
Crafter
Legend
Zitrine
Zitrine
Crafter
lmaooo when both of my characters are on the opposite spectrum of her relations :sob:

Opal

Loyal Servant of Altera
Added some more relations, and updated the appearance. Some relations (aka two) now have music, click on the ~~~

Opal

Loyal Servant of Altera
maepole.pngmaple1.jpgmaple2.jpgmayplle.pngmaepol.jpg

Here's a collection of all the art I have for Maple so far, done by Galaxy, DrBrownCa, and Abirosse! Ily guys :heart:3

I've updated Maple's profile since I aged her up recently, as usual let me know if you want a relation!